1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt 9

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Miner, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Stop being a douche.

2. Dels

Dels Muggle

Ah... it feels so good to see someone so good at mafia at work... What a talent.

3. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

... What.

4. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

This only works if Vaimes is actually scumreading witches, I think? Otherwise they wouldn't be concerned, and would effectively get 3 kills on town.

5. Dels

Dels Muggle

Just a compliment. No further meaning. It was just such a great post.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I mean, we all seem to agree that Vaimes is indeed scumreading some witches.

6. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Like, I don't really see any world where witches don't take the chance to get extra kills if the opportunity is there.

Also, calling muzjik town for his claim doesn't add up when if he is a witch he probably just felt pressured to claim and didn't want to lie to risk being outed.

7. muzjik

muzjik Muggle

I'm going to break my sarcasm rule and explain, once, so you feel bad.

Proper town play involves using others reads and working with others. This is a team game, and if somebody is better suited to sort a player, outsourcing is valid.
    ->
    I have evaluated and determined Fonti as a competent player. A competent player should almost always be able to definitively answer whether or not they are able to read players they have experience with. Fonti expressed high confidence.
    ->
    If Fonti is town, it is a safe to follow thought process that Cobalt is town despite my hesitations. Meta is the best tool in mafia, and the fact I have no meta on anybody is largley why I distrust my reads.
    ->
    The important part of the above take is the if Fonti is town criteria. You noted I have Fonti as a scum read, which is not true, she has not been part of either of my lynch lists and was sorted as town in my recent reads lists (don't remember or really care what I had her as d1). If you want to claim interpeting my meme "Fonti scum" post in response to the previous two word Fonti post as serious, sure. This seems like a place people would be poor at detecting sarcasm. You could then say my read change in response to Tom pointing out that Jari / Fonti interaction (which is town indicative for Fonti, I agree). The change in read that didn't exist because Fonti was never a scum read, though not top town before that. Thread movement is also indicative of Fonti!town - this is one you could call gut. Also, Fonti!scum unilaterally declaring a lynch pool player as town when scum are town if they're town is dumb, so the only world that really happens imo is w/w - also unlikely.

Now lets explain why you're dumb for your hangup on my claim!

The thread was already lynching the same people I'm pushing. Shadow and Manasi are the biggest wagons, also my top two pushes. There is no reason for scum!me to claim gravedigger to get people to push them, because either they're partners and I'd claim Dels is town to make them look better (still not likely) or they were already being pushed and there was no reason for me to claim. People were also already reading independently of Jar's alignment, rightfully so as he was clearly at least soft but probably hard bussed. It is unnecessary.

You stop being a douche, you've been nothing but obnoxious and condescending towards me. I think you're town, which is the only reason I'm irritated.

8. Dels

Dels Muggle

Why would the scum gravedigger feel pressured to claim? Couldn't they just not claim and we'd never have any idea? We'd know the scum has the role, but the scum can later claim any other role they feel confident is "available"? Or in this setup is it hard for the scum to know which roles are safe to claim besides their own?

9. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I don't know the setup well enough to say, is why I'm asking fonti.

10. fontisian

He also had the usual new-town-gravedigger-that-doesn't-trust-you-fuckers reaction, to be fair.

Babe, I'm pretty sure witches know that town!Von would ask for advice on his shot and wouldn't just fire off randomly.

11. muzjik

muzjik Muggle

Felt pressured to claim? Seriously, fuck off with that noise. There is no pressure to claim when not only do witches have a fake claim, but there's no flips so I could just claim a partners' role later. Stop treating me like I'm not your equal. There is no role cop in this setup, so there's no way my "lie" could be outed... and at worst I could claim my real role d4 and use the newb excuse as to why I didn't claim earlier. I almost didn't claim here anyways because I genuinely think/thought that it may be better to wait, so it is a valid excuse for scum!me to use.

12. fontisian

Depends on whether they have another non-confirmable role available to claim. But, I don't think he'd have that much hostility and then reassess and claim in that way as scum.

13. muzjik

muzjik Muggle

Anyways, enough about me. Back to killing scum.

I haven't seen one person town read Manasi nor Shadow I don't think, but its probably best to kill Manasi first?

14. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Full stop don't think witches kill another musketeer in any situation while priest is alive.
    But I think vaimes and gemma are probably just town anyway

15. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Explain?

16. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Assuming some amount of competence in the coven, best use of scum gravedigger is to out and be able to sow an alternate world. If muz was scum this would be the chance needed to gain the cred necessary to do so.

He's also just town though

17. fontisian

Already did.

18. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Huh? Why?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Is there any way for roles to be checked later? Do we just never know who had what role until post-game, even with a massclaim or such?

19. fontisian

There are roles that can be confirmed. A witch may take a partner's role, but that partner then needs to find another role to claim. There's also the inquisitor.

Scum won't kill the musketeers while the priest is alive because they want to kill the priest.

20. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Which would point towards consensus scumreads aka shadow, yes?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Um. Scum can't use the rolekill in addition to the factional kill?