1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt 9

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Miner, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Idk what she meant by that. "Did someone in the scum chat tell you I'm not a boy?" maybe?

2. Dels

Dels Muggle

I'm sorry but I thought when we cleared umami for a derptell on day 1 we all agreed it was forever??????

3. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

No, I cleared her because I thought she did the same thing as last game and outed herself as Oracle but she didn't, so now she's just a player with zero reads who needs to do things that help town or be lynched.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Ok well I guess I'm going to sleep I've been super tired for like 3 hrs now and wanted my day to end ages ago but somehow didn't sleep when I finally had the opportunity but now I am belatedly getting there so bye etc.

4. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Theory: Cobalt was actually setting up to Orcale manasi (strong townread D1) but had to pivot to shadow and salvage the plan when manasi was redchecked.

Discuss.

5. Dels

Dels Muggle

omg i started typing up that theory 5 minutes ago but then i felt it was stupid and i deleted the draft

6. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Considering that I'm playing around with Cobalt sticking up for his buddy shadow all game, I'm gonna go with "not really." I'll have to look at his posts again.
    --- Post automerged ---
    lmao

I believe.

7. Dels

Dels Muggle

Well, what I was actually going to say was just that it's possible Cobalt was planning to claim Oracle but was keeping his options open. That way, tom is right that he could've been setting it up with Silver, but maybe he also wanted Manasi as the main option, but also kept Shadow as an option as well by calling him lhf?

The thing is that's a really bold way to lean yourself into defending two buddies

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I mean ~theoretically it still works with Manasi being checked, because he's not trying to argue for Jarizok being town.

9. Newcomb

I mean there's tying yourself to a buddy, and tying yourself to a buddy who's redchecked. I'm trying to think what would have happened if Cobalt had claimed a green on manasi and like. Eh? The odds witch!Cobalt does that plan are low, but the odds witch!Jarizok Haunts a partner + manasi last Night are /really/ low.

10. Dels

Dels Muggle

But Newcomb why did Cobalt vote Shadow and then pivot, in this scenario? I can understand having the plan to claim Oracle and throwing it out, but to throw it out and then realize, after already voting Shadow, that now's the time to bring it back? And to think you'd get away with it after you literally voted your green peek?

Do you think Shadow was on the scumboard saying "Noooo don't do it, save me plz" or that Cobalt just realized he could change his oracle claim, or...?
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm aware voting Shadow and then claiming he's your green peek doesn't make much sense as town or as scum so it may be a moot point.

11. Newcomb

Doubtful shadow was like, asking to be saved. I believe his despondency is real regardless of alignment.

Don't really have an answer for you re: the first thing. I'm not pushing this as reality, just theory at the moment. If I had time this morning before work I'd maybe go look at the timing of things, i.e. when fonti outed, what Cobalt was doing before then, what changed afterwards. Not super convinced it's worth the effort though.

12. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Doesn't feel that much different to me; plan at the time was lynch shadow (basically universally scumread) and shoot Manasi.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Eh, yeah.

13. Dels

Dels Muggle

Like I know we're all loving looking for bussers but Cobalt spent his entire day 1 (and as much of day 2 as possible) strongly defending Manasi and calling Shadow LHF

Like yeah bussers exist but uh let's not forget the most obvious possibilities as well?

Idk how much I really think Cobalt is scum it's just it's the thing that makes the game make sense
    --- Post automerged ---
    Like what even is this. It was weird at the time and it's still weird, isn't it? Is this how you talk about your green peek...? Even if you are "okay with them dying so town gets an angel"?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Why tf is Shadow so low? I get not going out of your way to save him but if he's green peeked the least you can do is put him in the damn middle tier, isn't it?!
    --- Post automerged ---
    It was a goddamn planned Oracle on Manasi and then a desperation yolo pivot to Oracle on Shadow the moment Cobalt realized that "hey, you know what, I've been calling Shadow lhf all this time, it could actually work if I switch it to Shadow"
    --- Post automerged ---
    This is the first readslist after the peek is revealed.

Again, sure, don't give away that you're the oracle by ranking Shadow as top town, but do you really need to put him as 3rd highest suspect?????????
    --- Post automerged ---
    also re-quoting this because it kinda bothered me and it still does

"Guys, Silver has to be town! He said that we would want his claim before he died! Only a townie would be looking out for best interests like that!"
    --- Post automerged ---
    I just have trouble believing that there'd ever be any Oracle in the world who literally decides to just let their greenpeek die. You are Oracle. You have one job. That job doesn't include placing your greenpeek in the bottom tier of all your readslists and voting them. Like, am I going crazy? This makes no sense!
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also wait why did Tom drop so far between those two readslists?????
    --- Post automerged ---
    The most recent readslist from Cobalt before the Manasi peek is the one where Tom is at the top of the middle tier.

At that point, Tom is suspecting Cobalt and Cobalt expresses some frustration with it, but Tom is still clearly a townread.

Cobalt's first post after the peek is revealed:

And then Tom drops to the bottom of the readslist, in the same category as Manasi.

He never explains why Tom is scum, just votes Tom later and keeps telling us Tom is a witch and that's it.
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Newcomb sanity check? what do you think of all this?

14. muzjik

muzjik Muggle

I scum read Cobalt before all of this, and the amount of potential scum slots are very limited so it's possible. I don't think it's likely though, and not really interested in burning Cobalt.
    --- Post automerged ---
    For what it's worth, if Cobalt is actually Oracle I think he played terrible around his clear.

15. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

@Dels

I can explain my Tom progression if it helps. A lot of it was in my QT and not telegraphed so I get why that’s concerning.

16. Dels

Dels Muggle

I mean you don't need to wait for my permission =P Go ahead

But really I just need to know why you put your green peek in the bottom tier of your lists constantly. Couldn't even put him in the middle?!

17. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

FWIW @Dels I based my strong Manasi read off of wolfing with her in Champs last season and it felt like she was doing the opposite of how she played then.

It just felt right and I probably was a little pocketed by the way she strongly townread my entrance.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I did that on purpose. Partially to not seem like I was deviating too far from thread consensus, and partially to further disguise the green.

18. Dels

Dels Muggle

God if I was oracle and people were running up my peek I'd be waiting, I'd be on the edge of my seat, just waiting for the moment that people were as committed as possible, and I could play my trump card and say "BOOM. He's town. Now what are you gonna do? Find a new wagon"

19. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

So like, what I did with Newcomb?

20. Dels

Dels Muggle

i am confuse. remind?