1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Mandalorian [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by KHAAAAAAAN!!, Apr 14, 2019.

1. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    They just had the first Mandalorian Panel at Celebration. Looks like it'll definitely be a fun sci-fi bounty hunter series, even if isn't 'good Star Wars'. I think I'm going to drop my hulu sub and pick up disney+. Hulu has just been stagnant for too long.

Here is a sizzle reel only shown to the panel audience that I'm sure will be taken down within a few hours/days. But you'll probably be able to find it again.

Here's the panel info.

Here's the actual panel sans trailer.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  2. DR

DR Secret Squirrel –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The haters will probably come out of the woodwork to bitch that it's not Boba, but that looks awesome.

3. Nevermind

Nevermind Headmaster

High Score:
    Boba Fett is overrated anyways.

4. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

Speaking as someone who hates almost everything Disney has done with Star Wars, I've gotta say that this looks pretty sweet. I wasn't aware that it was a thing until this post, but I'm more than a little intrigued by it. Mandalorians have always been one of my favorite aspects of the wider Star Wars universe, so this is right up my alley, and Favreau has an excellent track record.

Dare I say it, but I think I'm actually pretty excited to watch it. I can't remember the last time I was actually hyped for a TV show, this is a weird feeling.

5. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    I actively don't want a Boba or Obi-Wan movie/tv series at this point, on the chance that they'd tarnish them. I would rather they keep making new stuff that I can choose to accept if it's decent (Rebels) or ignore if it's garbage (Resistance).

6. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Since when was this a thing? o_O

7. DR

DR Secret Squirrel –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    They announced development at last year's Celebrations, I think.

8. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Almost since Disney+ became a tangible thing with a launch date rather than just an idea. They've been using this and the new season of Clone Wars to tempt the Star Wars folks, and all the lower-billing avengers char spinoffs (4 or 5 in the works) to tempt the Marvel folks.

Hulu and Netflix are going to be hurting in November, that's for sure.

9. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    A year from now, Disney+ will be the most subbed to streaming service. People will pay 7 bucks a month to have access to the Disney library. It's Disney's classics, the new remakes, Pixar, Fox, Marvel...

Now we're just waiting until Disney buys WB and then starts assimilating record labels and game publishers.

10. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    They'll have to wrench it from AT&T's cold, dead fingers. Inb4 Vista-United Telecom launches a cellular service and 5G network.

11. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Did you know that Boba Fett would always just shit himself and/or the floor then use a fresher rod to get rid of it?
    Qui-Gon and Mace were gay and very sexually active.
    Oh and by the way, Luke was actually black the whole time. What, you didn't notice?

12. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    I hadn't heard. But did you hear Maul was in actuality a pre-op transspecied Ewok? DarkSide insurance wouldn't cover the costs for surgery.

13. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

@KHAAAAAAAN!! Did I miss another of JKR's revelations? Which one was that, hah! I can't keep up anymore.

Edit: Anyway - this does look like a good show. Isn't that Favreau guy related to the MCU somehow? Or something else. I dunno why but I know his name, and google doesn't work here and Bing makes me want to rip my eyes out so I will stay in the dark for now.

14. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    No, but there was great spoof video that has spawned a dozen more silly 'JKR said this' quips.

15. Agayek

Favreau plays Happy (Stark's driver/goffer) as well as directed the Iron Man movies and was an executive producer on all the Avengers movies.

16. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

Looks pretty good. Then again, I just finished a playthrough of KOTOR 1 today, which has the amusing Canderous Ordo as a Mandolorian bounty hunter, so I guess my view of this might be tainted. Something different than the normal Jedi/Sith stuff could be quite entertaining.

17. Raiko

Raiko Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

I'm not even 30 yet and I feel super old whenever someone refers to Jon Favreau as the lucky from Iron Man. He will always be Mikey from Swingers to me.

I would also accept Pete from Friends.

18. Agayek

I'm over thirty and have no idea about any of what you're talking about. Presumably because I had too much self-respect to watch Friends. I'd never heard of the man before Iron Man came out.

19. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I'm really pretty jazzed about this, but I hope that it and maybe the Obi-Wan movie will be the last stuff they'll do for the Episode 1-6 time frame, at least until after they make the goddamned Old Republic period the focus for a while. Hint hint, you Disney wankers.

20. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    So, at Celebration, Kathleen Kennedy said that B+W, Rian Johnson, and the whole Star wars lore team have been taking meetings to decide the future direction (literal timeline direction) of the franchise for the next decade. Are they going forward, or backward? If they do different time periods, how are they going to make them connect.

It would not surprise me at all if instead of writing a long ongoing saga like Lucas did, they are instead looking to replicate the success of Marvel by building a whole new Star Wars cinematic universe, with a central plot and central vision, but each movie/trilogy mostly self-contained, with small tie-ins to others.

I cannot think of a better target era for this sort of setup than the Old Republic Galactic War era, with the Eternal Empire clash serving as the "Infinity War" analogue.