1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt 9

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Miner, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Dels

Dels Muggle

Miner you accidentally duplicated some links. Cobalt and Vaimes are missing.

(You guys can guess which of two is the one I'm dying to see)

2. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Thanks for believing in me fonti.

3. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Like not even kidding, it seems like every WH we play on DLP, by some contrivance of circumstance the Witch team gets absolutely rolled and it's hard to make any real takeaways from it.

I'd change Oracle to have an extra when Witch (like Gambler does).

Oracle - At the start of the game, you learn the identity of a random Village Commoner. If you are a Witch, learn 3 random Village Commoners instead.

Learning 3 non-holies right off the bat is significantly more compelling as an option.

4. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Newcomb, I believe that a scum Nurse is more powerful than a scum Survivalist, and is potentially the best scum role.

It's just that a town Nurse is better off never firing, because using their power ranges from "Force witches to use rolekill on a known role" to "give witches an extra life".

5. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

6. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

How's that meme go?

Me: Better nurse a consensus townread.

Me to me: Nurse nurse.

7. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I kinda dig that. How about make it a 1-shot rolecop? Or do you think that's too beefy. I like agency, and dislike randomness.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Your QTs always make me smile, Vaimes.

8. KaiDASH

I maybe could go for a n0 Pick a player and find out their role category (Holy returns as info). Role cop is maybe too good in role kill WH.

One issue is that those powers are rather different from baseline Oracle, while Get 3 is the same but more. Witches already have a lot to juggle & think about, and adding a point of accidental failure by having a role work significantly differently for them is potentially problematic.

9. Newcomb

Hm, fair. Yeah with Role Kill on the table it would basically be a delayed guaranteed NK.

The "learn 3 commoners thing" is decent. I still think you'd toss Oracle a fair bit of the time - like what if you had a Musketeer and you got back 2/3 musketeers on the Oracle roll? Or someone who claims GD D1?

10. Dels

Dels Muggle

I'm sorry I forgot that QTs were a thing.

11. KaiDASH

You'd think about it now though, depending on your composition & players. It's not clearly worse than say Inquisitor, Judge, Gambler or Fanatic, depending on who exactly would have the role. While learn 1 Oracle is obviously absolute garbage tier.

12. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

How the fuck do you have 110 posts in your qt?

13. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Gg ppls.

14. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Magic
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also whats so wrong with having 110 QT posts.

15. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Spelling is hard :( It took me forever to even learn how to spell your name, and I still occasionally do it wrong. Here's my QT fwiw; https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/Fhni5kzwEgkN

16. Newcomb

This is something I wouldn't mind doing on a trial basis.

The quality-of-life features on MU are pretty exceptional.

17. KaiDASH

Day 1 town on me, what a wild ride

18. muzjik

muzjik Muggle

I'm not super thrilled with the tone I chose to take this game, apologies if it made anybody's game unpleasant.

GGs.

19. Disquieted

Disquieted Muggle

Today, my goal is just to play the game with the energy I have. I don't expect to be operating at full kindness for at least another year. I want to remember to at least have reasonable expectations for myself, and then proceed to not meet them, because sometimes, I, a wizard, views orbs as a nuisance and not an item of privilege.

A few things.

I did really suspect Dels. Thankfully I could lock it all in my QT instead of posting it in the thread and being factually wrong all the time, instead of being genuinely unkind to him. There was no trolling, intentional or unintentional, going on, I did not get his arguments against the shadowlancer bus and again I still stand by it.

To say that I'm desensitized by absolutely poor town play that managed to work out well this one time is an understatement, obs. When I play a game I focus on results and not the procedure of how dumb the play could have been. It helps me live with the pain.

Quite frankly Day 3 was the most painful day I have ever seen. People were talking overly about mechanics and what the best way to deal with Manasi was. I know there isn't an easy answer to it, friends, but at least I wanted a flat, clear answer as to what the correct way to deal with it and nobody cared to explain. Even if it was wrong or it had issues. I just needed a flat answer and not one that required 300 words to dissect. Aside from that I don't even know who I was talking about reads with that day, and maybe that's my issue.

Apologies for making my identity anonymous to start with, but I was always going to reveal it before the day ended and had I been in a more compromised position I'm sure I would have felt more ethically inclined to reveal myself earlier. I had words about you all calling me by my regular name and the fact that DLP regulars were going around asking who the hell I was. It's not a matter of meta and identity over being known as the name I decided to take on DLP.

I wish I had hit the 500 mark with Gemma and I combined. I phoned it in.

Yeah, I'm done with my notes.

20. Dels

Dels Muggle

You subbed into the game when it was already over. There was nothing to discuss day 3. I just posted over and over about how there was nothing to say and that I didn't understand the mechanics and that we just needed to kill Shadow and there'd be nothing else to do until that was done. Days 3 and 4 were a slog from the moment the fakepeek got retracted.