1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Minecraft

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Feoffic, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

Doesn't bother me that much. Server's been down for over a day anyways, and the mod pack is quite brutal. Like, I spent like 20+ hours just looking for marble (or limestone, chalk, or dolomite) and literally could not find any. Traveled about 5000 blocks in every direction, and all I found was rock salt which allegedly can spawn Borax in it, but I busted a half dozen prospector's picks in that shit looking for anything before just giving up. Really stupid, since it's an unnecessary early game bottleneck to build an anvil, which you need for progression. Shitty seed aside, I did like what my little fort was becoming, and all my travels across the map allowed me to find a bunch of different trees to plant around it, and I was prepping to build a lighthouse to go with the boat shed.

2. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Afaik Scott just can't play on the server because he's on console and somethingsomething mods somethingsomething. Personally I also found the modpack a bit brutal, but I've also been hella busy with moving apartment and work and job interviews so the timing was pretty poor for me as well. If I had more time maybe I could get into it.

3. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Sorry, didn't realize it was down.

I think it's gonna be worth installing an easier/simpler pack because interest dropped like a stone within two days.

4. Stenstyren

Stenstyren Professor

Yeah, I kinda forgot about this in the middle of studying and rediscovering WC3 custom maps (lol).

Tried it out on the server for a little bit, found the modpack quite challenging so did a bit of singleplayer but it was quite tedious. Not so fun when you have to have to check the wiki for everything.

5. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm on Bedrock Edition, it's the cross platform version of the game Microsoft released after the 2014 acquisition. Ya'll play on Java Edition, and Bedrock doesn't spport mods.

6. Jon

@Palindrome Did you want to jump on the server and use the ftp to download the files for yourself?

7. Anarchy

finally found some fluxstone (in the form of chalk) :< Crazy thing is that according to this page, there are still more stone types I haven't seen that aren't flux stone, namely chert, conglomerate, quartzite and schist. Essentially, I'd given up going to new biomes and digging down to layer 2 and hoping for the best, and was driving a boat across all the lakes and oceans, looking at the surface layer. Just in time for a new modpack, probably.

8. Jon

@Anarchy I dont have to wipe it man. If you want to keep playing I'm happy to keep it up. :)

9. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I think we should start something new - grand re-opening, next weekend? I got discouraged when everyone else fled, haha. We can give you the save, Anarchy, but I'm still interested in playing with everyone on something else.

I was hoping you guys would suggest packs you wanted to play - or vanilla. The new update is out, complete with the evil village faction that sets out to destroy your friendly guys.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    *images shamelessly ripped from youtube thumbnails

Alternatively, If you guys remember my post about Phain's Gameboard of the Ancients I'd be willing to set up a server using that map as the base. Could be pretty awesome.

10. Anarchy

I'm up for for restarting, but I would like the save. Honestly, I went probably 2 years without playing minecraft, so once I picked it up for the server, I just got super into it again, and that's on me. Still really can't do pure vanilla anymore though, but the one thing I did miss with this modpack was the fact that there was no dungeons or anything. So you do all this exploration trying to find resources... and that's really it. No desert temples or abandoned mineshafts or floating castles up in the sky or meteors to mine out or villagers to trade with. All survival, not so much adventure.

11. Jon

I definitely want some tech/magic in the next pack.

@Anarchy I'll save a copy for you.

12. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Wait until 1.14.1 goes live. There are a lot of SMP bugs right now that has to do with chunk loading. Also nether travel is kinda borked as well. And the pillager outpost aren't generating correctly either.

13. Jon

1.14 is Up on the same address. Look forward to seeing you all in it!

@Anarchy @Palindrome I have saved the server files locally so let me know when you want them.

14. Anarchy

Er, I'm confused. Is it vanilla?

15. Jon

Yeah. trying the vanilla one but.. it doesnt seem to be working. o_o;. of course.

Any pack suggestions?

16. Anarchy

I've been playing skyfactory 4 all week, which is fun, but is more of a single player thing. For multiplayer survival, I'm not really sure what the current hotness is. I tried out mech and magic earlier, and it seemed fine, but I didn't put any time into it.

17. Jon

We good to go! It's working now.

18. Jon

Having fuck all luck installing the new pack. :\

19. Jon

Installed 'Augmented Triad' fingers crossed.

20. Jon

anndd apparently the server doesnt match the mods in the user pack...

dis is dumb.