1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Minecraft

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Feoffic, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Need to optional add the following mods:
    DraconicEvolution{1.0.2h}
    Aroma1997sDimension{1.0}
    HardcoreQuesting{4.4.4}
    TardisMod{0.995}
    rftools{4.23}]

2. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

It's a pretty good modpack. I mean, it's every generic modpack ever, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It's got most of the things I like, and the server has a good spawn point, so it's been pretty fun so far. Only minor quibble is instant death at 0 hunger, but that just means you have to carry some food on you, which has been plentiful for me. Also, recommend selecting the optional minimap mod.

3. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

It's not survival unless you starve to death.

4. Paradise

Paradise Paraplegic Dice DLP Supporter

You drop dead the second your hunger hits 0

5. Anarchy

my current base

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    --- Post automerged ---
    Had a lot of fun playing last night. Got a lot done on day 1. Made my base (as shown in the picture, though it's even taller now). There's a 50 slot tinker's smeltery inside, that I plan to make even bigger. I managed to level up my iron pick enough that it got a diamond mod, which was the first chokepoint I had hit with trying to get obsidian. Usually that's not in issue in this type of mod since you'd stumble across a lot of ruby and sapphires which can be used, but I hadn't come across any at all. Though, I will say that it's weird that a default iron pick and a Tinker's iron pick have two different mining levels

Anyways, the obsidian allowed me to set up a nether portal in the desert behind my base, though I plan on enclosing it before igniting it. The obsidian also allowed me to craft alumite, which is a pretty strong alloy, which I used for another longsword (which is the main reason I love Tinker's Construct I think. It has a lunge attack that launched you through the air and is really fun).

Tons of crops set up around the base of my tower, if anyone needs any food. more than enough berries to go around, and the bushes self multiply. Started working on magical crops as well, though I'm only up to tier 2. It's a bit tedious until you can automate it.

I'm probably going to work on some power stuff next. Crusher, macerater, pulverizer, those sort of basic things. I'd like to get a grinder setup so I can harvest some diamonds, since I'm not sure how well wholesale excavating layer 10-15 is with a hammer and excavator is for server health. Will have to make a trip into the nether at some point for all the stuff needed to make a blast furnace as well, which should be fun.

Haven't really found any negatives yet. Only slightly odd thing is the instant death at 0 hunger, which is a stark contrast to the previous mod where hunger didn't actually matter at all. Sure, starving would make your max health go down, but I literally went weeks without eating any food and it didn't matter at all as long as you weren't thirsty. Anyways, not a huge issue once you get settled down. Only other thing I would say is that I would definitely install an optional minimap mod for this, as it's kinda necessary for this type of mod to keep track of everything when exploring. There's a bandit fort right near spawn, as well as one of those dungeon towers with a bunch of dungeons underneath, and some witches huts.

6. Paradise

Opposed to anarchy I spent the first day delving into magic, fighting random mobs and hallucinating by rubbing mandrakes. Uh, also spent some time making a magical bone meal, found a dungeon, ate some borgers. And I also made a smallish farm and had a large berry farm growing.

Tonight I want to get started on Thaumcraft, Ars Magica, more Witchery, and Blood Magic.

7. Anarchy

I also forgot to mention that I got sniped by a Legendary Optimus Prime about 2 hours after I finished reading "More than Meets the Eye"

:<

8. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Just joined the server. I seem to be pooping fireworks every few seconds.

My god, how am I meant to live with all this abundant food and ability to punch trees? I was thrown for a loop when I tried to walk through leaves and couldn't. I've already started hoarding food and getting surprised that it's not going off.

Whoever built the house with the acacia floor and greatwood walls - you're a direwolf fan, aren't you? I see those nine by nines. I slept in your bed, just to violate your personal space. You're welcome.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    Jon
  9. Anarchy

I think that's Jon's :p I stole all the lava from his lava pool there

10. Paradise

Thats a lie, the abundance of food, it soothes you into a false sense of security until you realize. Pam's Harvestcraft! You actually need to make and prepare real meals to eat, realistically, to actually get any food! ahahha

Anyway, I'm doing magic stuff shitlords, seeing loads of Ents and been doing dumb magic stuff.

11. Jon

I DID NOTICE THAT. THE ENTIRE REASON I BUILT THERE YOU FUCK. :p

12. Anarchy

It's okay, the lava got revenge

[​IMG]

Was mining, sparked some sulfur, which blew up underneath me, but the floor was only a few blocks thick so I plummeted straight into a lava pool. I don't see a gravestone, so it could be under the lava for all I know. Lost all my sweet gear :< Had just gotten my axe leveled with a fiery enchantment which, with veinminer, cleared huge swaths of forests at a time and converted it all to charcoal instantly. Oh well.

13. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

So is there a "for dummies" explanation of how to load up the custom stuff you guys use? I used to play this with my daughter and it actually sounds kind of fun with you lot, but I've never really done anything outside of the vanilla version.

14. Jon

@Johnnyseattle it's a lot easier these days. We use 'launchers' that compile and download the modpacks for us. Thing Steam, where it gives a list and you pick which one you use.

The pack we're running right now is called Augmented Triad and is on the 'ATLauncher'

15. Jon

Protip: TARDIS are dangerous.. I accidentally found myself at the bottom of the world. instant death no way to recover shit. far, far below the 'you die at this point' bit well below the bedrock layer, lol.

16. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This has been my last night:

go to End. find End city. get loot

find End city 2. have elytra now

shulker boops me with flight on the end ship, I glide into the ship mast too fast, fucking dead

haul ass back there to get my shit before it despawns (journey of 5 minutes to even spawn in the End outer islands, and I didn't note the coord for the end city so spend 30 minutes being angry and lost)

find End city finally. have to log off for an errand. log back on to a death screen by enderman

find the city AGAIN, Enderman spawns into my line of sight, I didnt bring armor this time, fucking dead again

back to the end city, this time the shulkers at the ship get me before I could grab my elytra back, but I placed a water source on the deck--aim for the water when flight runs out, miss--fucking dead

back to End city for the nth fucking time (at this point I know the route by heart), try very hard not to throw the fucking laptop against the wall

finally get there and get my shit back--WHOOPS, the end ship was spawned over void instead of land, so some of my stuff was lost the moment I died, a good 3 shulkers full of goodies, including a few enchanted diamond swords, a few armor pieces, diamonds, gold, iron, and my pimped out infinity bow with all the best enchants

all of that for a lousy mending pickaxe

Fail was strong with me yesterday. Pretty sure my blood pressure exceeded eleventy million.

17. Zombie

Remember that as long as the chunks where you die aren't loaded (as they usually aren't in the End) your shit will stay there, but yeah, not getting it back from the void for sure.

18. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    @Zombie

Another player was roaming the End at the same time and since I didn't have coords, all I could say was to avoid End cities till I could get my stuff or if he found a city, to hurry to the ship to collect my things.

Also, at some point rational thinking was replaced by rage.

On the plus side, I have 2 elytras and a Mending pick. On the downside, I must have shortened my lifespan by a few years.

19. Zombie

You should play void chicken. Super exhilarating.

20. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Yeah, I fired up vanilla last night for an hour or so, and I'm definitely going to have to get used that that again before I remotely think about doing whatever it is you guys are all up to. Barely remembered how to make tools. :D