1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Other TV Shows

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Celestin, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Love Death and Robots was incredible. Some episodes obv better than others. Good Hunting was my fav.

2. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I've watched all of Russian Doll over the last couple of days, really recommend it. Clever, very funny, good performances all round, definitely one of the better shows I've watched so far this year.

3. Tapi

Tapi Third Year

4. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Cobra Kai Season 2 Hits tomorrow.

Main thing I like about this series is that neither side is shown to be the "good guy"​

5. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I'm surprised this hasn't gotten more play around DLP. It's a fantastic show. The couple episodes before the last one were teetering on the edge of kind of a self-indulgent / esoteric meandering-ness, but they really pulled it back and I was left pretty satisfied.

Really well-acted, too, especially the leads.

6. Arthellion

High Score:
    Just binged Cobra Kai.

Worst cliffhanger ever in a TV show to end the season. Ugh. Definitely the Empire Strikes Back season. So bad.

Great show.

Also, one of the best choreographed fight scenes I've seen on telvision in the last episode.

5/5.

7. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Oh man, Cobra Kai season 2. I wasn't expecting them to just do Eli's transformation into Hawk again with another character, but Stingray is a legend. Also lol @ that intro of ep. 8 with Meximilf.

Also the fights are still great, the drama still strangely gripping (Tommy ;_; ) and the show still so goddamn bingeable.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  8. Arthellion

High Score:
    I still can't get over how good the fight in the last episode was. It was just so perfectly choreographed and well done.

I had to suspend my disbelief slightly that some of the fights lasted as long as they did though. You would think there would be more broken bones and limbs...also the two middle schoole glasses were hilarious.

9. Stenstyren

Stenstyren Professor

So, HBO and Sky premiered a new five-episode mini series called Chernobyl yesterday.

Story is good, acting is good, production is good. Would highly recommend!

10. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Been watching Warrior. Best thing Cinemax has made in a long ass time. Fun kung fu / gang / crime drama set during the Tong Wars in late 1800s California.

Doesn't quite make Cinemax worth paying for, but definitely worth a watch if you can find a way to binge it for free (coughflixtorcough).

11. KGB

KGB Headmaster

Season 5 of iZombie is currently airing. It's still the most underrated show on TV

12. Agent

Agent High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think @KHAAAAAAAN!! mentioned it a while back but I just finished The Orville and it is REALLY good. Ignore the trailers for it as they make it seem parodic or like Family Guy in Space but it's not. It's literally Star Trek if the character's had bigger sense of humour. In fact, I'd even say The Orville is a better Star Trek than Star Trek Discovery.

13. Nevermind

Nevermind Headmaster

High Score:
    Watched The IT Crowd for the first time over the last couple of evenings. It was hilarious.

14. Stenstyren

Stenstyren Professor

Well, second episode is out and it continues to be outstanding. Would also recommend the companion-podcast which does an excellent job at going through what is fact and what is fiction.

15. Villanelle

Villanelle Groundskeeper

High Score:
    So far, it's a lot tighter than Banshee was. I wasn't too keen on the episode in the tavern, cos it felt like filler, but the rest has been top notch.

Was very happy to see Hoon Lee here.

16. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I thought the tavern episode was absolutely great. Filler, yes, but very clearly a deliberate shout out to the genre shows that inspired this one. Particularly David Carradine's 'Kung Fu'.

At the end they even donned cowboy hats and rode off into the sunset, complete with a spagetti western title card and blaring mariachi trumpets. It was magnificent.

17. Myduraz

Myduraz Headmaster DLP Supporter

Was stuck on a train trip home from an event last night and caught a few episodes of "The Bodyguard" on Netflix. It's well done but can't really say more without spoiling.

18. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

Finally got around to watching The Grand Tour, binging all 40 or so episodes in the span of 6 days. Not sure why I waited so long - perhaps it was a fear of it being a shadow of its former self. But my fears were unfounded, and the show is amazing. I've seen every top gear episode multiple times, perhaps even 10+ for some of them, and it's easy to say that it's my favorite show of all time. And honestly, The Grand Tour is pretty much just Top Gear. Perhaps slightly less filler, but the same show with slightly tweaked segments. I don't think any of the episodes are better than the best Top Gear episodes, but they're not that far off, but the worst TGT episode is way better than the worst TG episode, and none of them felt like a chore to get through. 10/10

19. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Stephen Amell said it best on twitter a while back: "Don't watch The Bodyguard on Netflix if you have to be in a public place / interact with another human within 36 - 72 hours."

20. Villanelle

Villanelle Groundskeeper

High Score:
    It was a fun episode, no doubt, but I'm just impatient to get to the meat of the story. A lot of shows suffer when they get stretched out too much, and that happened to Banshee a few times, with the worst time being in the last season, when they had to rush to wrap things up.

But mostly, I like the show and I'm impatient.

---

Superstore has been pretty good as of late, though it's gotten a tiny bit darker with each season. Looking forward to the finale.

A.P Bio was very enjoyable, if a bit abrupt. I really liked Linette. Jack really needed someone at the school who could play his little games.

Last edited: May 16, 2019