1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DC Cinematic Universe(s) General Thread

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Arthellion, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The article implies they are going for the noir!Detective take on this movie. Which. I'd honestly really like to see. I think Pattinson can pull it off based on his more recent stuff.

I think, much like the star wars prequels and Hayden, Pattinson was stuck with a crappy role and script.

2. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Looks like I dropped my /s.

Sarcasm aside, I'll give him a chance.

3. Hush

Hush Seventh Year

High Score:
    I can see him in the role, but it'll depend on him bulking up a bit, he's still a little slim. The body and face shape change so much when you pack on muscle, until you see him it's hard to be fully convinced. But I remember having that reaction to everyone who I hadn't seen jacked for the role.

Batman's physicality is so important.

What I'm more curious is if this is going to be the start of a new mini cinematic universe. Or if they're just going to keep making movies individually and connecting them to previous movies on a case by case basis. I imagine if Pattinson does well that he'll get another movie. He is in his early 30's so he could continue to play the role for a while. Looks like the DC cinematic universe will feature more spin off movies than main instalments.

I'm okay with this. I guess that's the only thing I'm thankful to Snyder for.

4. Heather_Sinclair

Heather_Sinclair Chief Warlock

The suit does most of that, though he really can't be a skinny fucker either. Michael Keaton wasn't built in the slightest and he pulled it off very well. While Batfleck looked like he couldn't even turn his head due to his massive neck (in suit). There's give and take with each iteration.

5. Hush

Hush Seventh Year

High Score:
    The rubber suits of the older Batmen looked like they couldn't turn their necks either.

The suit will sell it for sure, but Keaton was before there was any expectation on actors to get into shape. Look at the evolution of wolverine, times have changed. Batfleck got into ridiculous shape. I was sold because I'd seen him in the Town, but he took it to another level. It makes a huge difference to see the commitment to the role on screen for emersion. It makes you believe that they could actually be doing the things they are portrayed to.

Pattinson would be arrogant if he didn't think he needed to pack on some muscle, at least a little something extra. And I'd be surprised if there wasn't a stipulation in his contract about his size.

6. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

[​IMG]

7. Arthellion

High Score:
    As much as I hate skipping the robins, I’m completely fine with that

8. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Pattinson is a good actor who gets a lot of shit for good, but honestly super outdated reasons. Given the right tools and opportunity he could pull this off.

9. Arthellion

High Score:
    The more I think about it, the more I like it.

Pattinson can pull off the driven, character focused Batman. He needs to bulk up and work on his screen presence, but I think, given the right script, he could do an amazing job.

I don’t think he could pull off the Batman of Nolan or Snyder, but a character focused detective Batman? I think he’s brilliant

10. Oruma

Oruma Order Member

The Batman is a vampire jokes practically write themselves.

But yeah, if only there's someone at DC with the guts to make him Beyond Bats...

Sometimes I really wonder, given how much success and critical acclaim DCAU has got, why can't they use some of those folks I.e. Dini, Timm to help?

11. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

Because that means admitting the lowly TV (worse, cartoon) peasants did it better than they can.

12. Arthellion

High Score:
    Hell young Justice creates a better connected verse...

13. Hymnsicality

Hymnsicality Seventh Year

There haven't been many worse connected 'verses to be fair. Off the top of my head there was that mummy verse they tried and thats it.

14. Rhaegar I

Rhaegar I Death Eater

Don't forget the CW shows. Their Suicide Squad episodes alone were miles ahead of whatever the hell the movie Suicide Squad was.

DCEU, you have failed this franchise.

15. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    The CW shows are some of the worst TV this decade has yet shown us.

16. Agayek

And yet, they're still miles better than the DC movies.

17. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    That's so ridiculous I'm not sure you actually believe it or are just *that* committed to bashing the movies.

18. Arthellion

High Score:
    The CW shows had some good seasons. Got super convoluted after a bit though and eventually just reduced itself to CW drama.

Started poor (arrow season 1 is so bad) had some great middle, then poor last few seasons.

Where the shows leave the movies in the dust? Having the shared universe feel natural.

19. Agayek

Honestly, I'm mostly memeing. I've seen one season of the Flash TV show and the Wonder Woman movie, and that's it. I don't really have an informed opinion of either.

20. Rhaegar I

Rhaegar I Death Eater

*Laughs in Iron Fist, Riverdale, and GOT Season 8*

In all seriousness, I won't pretend the CW shows are perfect. Arrow and Flash have both declined over the years (and I hate Oliver/Felicity and Barry/Iris respectively). But all in all I'd say they're still doing a pretty good job, especially Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow. Hell, Supergirl gave us arguably the best live-action Superman of the 21st century, and Legends has the second best in their cast!

Again, I'm not arguing they're flawless shows, and I have plenty of complaints with all four shows. And I don't think the DCEU is completely hopeless: Wonder Woman and Shazam proved they can make pretty good movies. But it seems a bit much to act like they're that bad, especially when they're all still considered hits with fans and critics.