1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

E3 2019

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by KHAAAAAAAN!!, Jun 7, 2019.

1. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Annnd here we go.

[​IMG]

I'm still a little shocked Playstation is just outright skipping the conference this year.

Anyway, what are you looking forward to, and what surprises are you hoping to see?

2. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

I'm looking forward to Devolver Digital shitposting in real life once more and the Nintendo E3 Direct. A welcome surprise would be Final Fantasy 16 being shown which would mean showing that Squeenix has more than just Nomura and the FF14 guy. Outside of that this year is looking to be a bit dull.

3. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Fable 4

CD Projekt Reds stuff

Fallen Order

More info on BG3

A good mmo revealed.

4. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    BD2 (Luminous) was apparently working on a new IP before Tabata fucked off to start his own game company. Maybe we'll see something from them.

5. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The game I'm most interested in seeing is From's Norse open world RPG with GRRM. Great Rune or something?

Curious about Cyberpunk.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Fallen Order if it's a Force Unleashed soft reboot.

SE's Avengers could be interesting.

Microsoft will have a couple first party games to tease finally. Couldn't care less about Halo or Gears, but I'm wondering if they have anything new to tease. I think I'm ready for another Space Opera - one not done by Bethesda - and Sony seems allergic to Space Sci-fi, so I don't think i'll ever get it from them...

6. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Give me a Cyberpunk 77 release window or give me death.

7. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    All I really want this time is a reason to stop dithering over buying a Switch. The 3ds isn't getting new games anymore so it'll be time sooner or later, just wish there was something that really got me hype enough to just go for it.

I'm also dreaming of more SMT V news but I know that's nothing more than a dream.

8. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Probably far too early, but I wouldn't say no to some more info on the next Elder Scrolls. Other than that, I'm only specifically interested in the Avengers game, Fallen Order, and Cyberpunk - maybe some more detail about Greedfall, which I hadn't heard of till the other day but looks very interesting. Otherwise just generally looking forward to what gets announced.

9. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Gonna be honest I have zero interest in the next elder scrolls. Bethesda’s recent track record is meh.

Plus, people are still making huge mods for Skyrim. My game looks better/plays better than a lot of current gen games. Within the next year or two all of Tamriel wIll be
    Available in the game.

10. Nevermind

Nevermind Headmaster

High Score:
    FTFY.

The E3 hype totally passed me by this year.

Similar to others, the only games that hold some remote interest for me are (in order) Fallen Order, Avengers and Cyperpunk, plus Greedfall, which looks interesting.

I’m also going to keep and eye on Bethesda (FO76 & TES VI) in general and Anthem specifically, but more out of morbid curiosity than anything else.

11. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Ahh, I see you are a man of culture as well.

If I can't rip a fucking TIE Fighter out of the air and smash people with it, I'm going to be sorely disappointed.

12. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    There's news that there's a new Switch model inc, one without detachable joycons.

On another note. Serious question. What does Bethesda have to do to stop you guys being loyal? (Particularly BGS). I'd argue they've had their pants pulled down constantly in the RPG genre - ever since Fallout 3. Especially after 76, and looking at what their competition is doing. What faith do you have that anything they make isn't just going to be a bug-riddled, janky, uninspired mess?

13. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Slug Club Member DLP Supporter

I'm just happy that Borderlands 2 is getting new DLC on Sunday... Still a tad salty over the Epic Games Store decision but whatever, it's really not important.

I'd love more info on 2077 and I hope Fallen Order is going to be good but my expectations are nil.

14. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I'm not particularly loyal to Bethesda. I bounced off Fallout 3, got Fallout 4 as part of the bundle when I bought my ps4 about three years ago and still haven't played it, and the only other games I've played that they've actually made have been Oblivion and Skyrim, which I loved. As for bugs, I've been lucky not to experience any, although I'm not suggesting for a moment that they don't exist.

15. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

I'm mainly curious about Bloodlines 2, which is showing gameplay footage on the 10th of June, and Cyberpunk 2077. The latter, I have no idea what to expect. They're having another private showing, but they're also having a public showing - but the problem with the second one is that they said they won't even stream it online anywhere. CDPR is only hinting at having something of a surprise for those that can't attend E3, but I'm honestly not holding out much hope on that surprise, whatever it may be. It seems weird that they won't even put the public showing gameplay footage online. And having another private showing doesn't bode well. I hated the last time they did that, and I'll hate it again.

16. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

CDPR said it's going to be the most important E3 in their history. Whatever they're planning, I doubt it doesn't include something big for people not attending. I expect at least a release data to be announced. A very unlikely revelation would be their secret second AAA game because if they really are aiming at 2021 with it, and these are official plans they presented, it's probably a good moment to at least tease it.

It's becoming some sort of tradition, but no Rocksteady or WB Games Montreal. Especially Montreal is weird because it's really big studio with 500 employees, if wiki is correct, yet they're really underused.

Marvel's Avengers game by Square Enix is going to be presented, but I'm unsure if it's going to be what I would like it to be.

As every year, I'm waiting for some surprising trailers. Probably the best chances for that are at Microsoft's presentation tomorrow.

17. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

There were rumours that CDPR got someone famous for Cyberpunk 2077, but they really couldn't get someone more perfect for it than Keanu Reeves.

The release date, assuming it doesn't get delayed like with Witcher 3, 16 April 2020.

18. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Yeah, after this showing at Xbox's conference, everything else can't possibly measure up. I pity the game that came immediately after Cyberpunk 2077.

19. DR

DR Secret Squirrel –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Snore. Better luck next year.

20. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

Microsoft showed a lot of games, and I give them props for that, but none of them caught my interest.