1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

E3 2019

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by KHAAAAAAAN!!, Jun 7, 2019.

1. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

Plus pretty much all of those are going to be on the PC anyways.

2. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    But can your pc run these games?

3. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

Most of those look like they'd be fairly low end friendly well as long as you don't want to run it with everything on max.

4. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Keanu was the highlight for me.

Miyazaki/R.R. Martin game has me pretty excited, has that Soulsborne look to it.

Expected Phantasy Star to get a bigger reaction, same for the new Tales game.

Forza and LEGO was actually fantastic. I don't actually give a damn about the game itself, but that kind of thinking is what we need more of in gaming. Everyone is so often focused on HYPER REALISM and MAH IMMERSION that they forget that literally anything is possible in these worlds, even a hyper realistic Lambo right next to a LEGO car that looks like it was designed by a 7 year-old.

A new Battletoads game... sort of feels like an older relative posting dead memes on Facebook. Just let that shit die, man.

5. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

Well PSO2 is a 7 year old game at this point so that's part of the reason. Lego Forza was amusing but why didn't Keanu get to drive that car? Also memes make games, I mean Shaqfu 2 happened after all.

6. Primarch

Primarch First Year

Cyberpunk 2077 looks crazy good. The implication that major characters can die on any mission, that how you complete missions can radically alter the storyline... this game will have insane amounts of replayability.

I'm the sort of gamer to stick to a handful of deep, immersive, high quality games for years. I mean, I still play Morrowind regularly. I've sunk thousands of hours into Skyrim and Stellaris since they were released. I can definitely see Cyberpunk 2077 joining that collection.

Outer Worlds seems promising, even if the graphics and animations do look like remastered Fallout New Vegas. I love the American Gilded Age aesthetic they've got going on.

7. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

Interview with the star wars guys on twitch. They're explicitly calling it out as a metroidvania and referenced Metroid Prime as an inspiration (for the hologram maps, but still.)

8. Mister Ferro

Mister Ferro High Inquisitor

They put a battle royale mode in Fallout 76 lol.

9. Heleor

10. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

I realize everyone and their brother in Cyberpunk has a metal hand or two, but... is Keanu playing Johnny Silverhand?

11. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'd love it if this were true, but given the way you're immediately introduced to Reeves' NPC afterwards, I'm thinking that the betrayal is a scripted event.

Probably.

12. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

So Doom Eternal in November. Looking forward to that quite a bit.

13. Primarch

Primarch First Year

Other than Doom Eternal, I'm not interested in Bethesda's games this year. I just want to see Starfield and Elder Scrolls VI. And merciful Jesus, no more mobile games or MMOs.

14. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I'm thinking yes, mostly because he's a hologram. You can choose your character's childhood idol in the beginning of the game and Johnny SIlverhand is one of the choices, Keanu was clearly a hologram, so I'm thinking that whoever you choose for your idol is the person who shows up in that situation. It might be an event that's scripted to happen regardless of your choices or how you perform the mission. In the video you're betrayed because you caused too much mayhem and were bringing the heat down on your employer's head, but you'll probably get betrayed no matter how quietly you accomplish the mission.

Bethesda's conference was a massive waste of time. They should have just skipped this year.

There were so many cinematics, but they couldn't even bother with a Starfield cinematic teaser? The fucking cardgame got a cinematic!

Ghostwire Tokyo has me interested only because it looks like it's going to incorporate elements of Japanese folklore, and the Japanese have some of the most unique folklore monsters out there.

Doom Eternal looks solid, level and sound design looked on point too.

15. Heleor

Devolver continues to be a thing. Do they just have a 'troll the fuck out of the audience' budget?

16. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah looking around online it seems that Keanu is confirmed as Silverhand. Makes me wonder who they've got for the other idol options, because it's not going to be easy standing against Reeves.

17. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

Yes. It's labeled "Nina Struthers" in their books

18. Heather_Sinclair

Heather_Sinclair Chief Warlock

19. mrkain

mrkain Second Year

FF 7 Remake 3/3/2020

20. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

Doom Eternal trailer was pretty fucking sweet. Last doom was quite a lot better than expected, so I'll be picking that up. CP2077 still the most hyped thing for me out of all of it. Elder Ring will be a must buy, just because it's a Fromsoft game. GRMM's involvement doesn't actually interest me, but the alleged megaman-esque aspect of it could be cool. And it looks like I'll be getting the Outer Worlds after all since it'll be on xbox. Don't think I saw anything related to AOE4, which is disappointing.