1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Cover Art for Deathly Hallows unveiled...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by k_writer, Mar 28, 2007.

1. k_writer

k_writer Groundskeeper

Just saw it on MSNBC this morning. Did a search and clicked on the first link I saw.

Here is one for the full cover.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2007
  2. slasheh

slasheh Seventh Year

huh, strange pic neither even has a wand...

3. Jamven

Jamven Headmaster DLP Supporter

I will agree with that. Did anyone notice that it seemed to be set in a colosseum? Perhaps they are going to Rome?

Paul
    dark007
    Supreme Commander of the Legion of Psycho Killer Sloths.

*edit*
    How come the UK version will be 608 pages and the US will be 700+ pages long?

4. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Americans can't read the big words so they use lots of smaller ones. Makes the book longer.

5. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Hmm, I think this is the theater where the Veil of Death is being kept. That's probably where the final showdown will be at. Harry has no wand probably because he's using power from that secret locked room, which should be nearby as well.

Lame. Well, at least there's no Ginny tied to the archway, screaming for her hero...

6. k_writer

k_writer Groundskeeper

Ha ha, oh there may yet be something like that IP. Let's not underestimate the power of the Ginslut.

7. Tinn Tam

Tinn Tam Review Goddess Retired Staff

There's also the UK cover (children edition), which is quite hideous. The cover for the Adult version brings no information whatsoever about the book, but at least it doesn't make my eyes bleed.

8. Jamven

You are right... Hey wait a tick, I am American. I, well I can agree to that for most Americans.

Anyway to get back on topic, the UK children cover looks like the trio is swimming in gold and Jewels. Perhaps the trio robs Gringotts or maybe that is what is in the looked room in the Department of Mysteries? Just think, the Power the Dark Lord Knows Not is not love but a couple of tons of gold dropping on your head at once.

Paul
    dark007

9. k_writer

k_writer Groundskeeper

Ow my god that children's cover is vomit on paper....why does Harry look like a drag queen on it?

10. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

There's an archway on the children's cover as well (look behind the gold). It's settled; the finale is definitely inside the room of death (or at least amphitheater of some kind).

EDIT: Hey, who's that on Harry's back, holding a sword? Is that Dobby? Is that dagger the final Horcrux?

11. InfernoCannon

InfernoCannon Seventh Year

Just a problem with that idea ip. The DoM is underground, and the place opens into the sky. And about the childrens cover... no way in hell shall I be reading that one. I'm going to read the adult versio. Hermione looks like a doll!

Anyway, somebody got an idea on the medallion around Harry's neck in the first one?

12. Jamven

Maybe he is.

I thought it might have been the Sword of Gryffindor, being held by Ron. After looking at Ron's hand, they don't look the same to me.

I would say that it is the fake locket.

Paul
    dark007

13. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Well, as odd as the UK Children's cover is, I think I like what that indicates as much as the American cover. In the American it's clear, Harry versus Voldie. There's figures watching, but the fact that they're not moving makes me think Death Eaters more than good guys. And in the UK Children's I believe that's Ron's arm holding the sword despite the odd discoloration and hand size. But it's especially the fact that it's Ron, Hermione, and Harry on the cover doing the treasure/horcrux hunt thing. No Ginny tagging along like in some many average eye-gouging fanfics. No Ginny at all on any of the covers this time. That alone brings me hope.

14. Jamven

In a time when I was considering not reading the book, this brings me hope as well.

Paul
    dark007

15. World

World Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Nah, it's Dobby holding the sword. If you have a decent browser and can zoom in, you'll see him riding on Harry's back.

As for the picture with Harry and Voldemort, they do not seem to be fighting against each other. Though Voldemort looks at Harry, his hand could be aiming at the same thing as Harry.

The background of whatever they are falling into on the children's cover and the sky in the 'theatre' looks about the same. If it weren't for the fact that I don't think it probable, we might be seeing something from behind the veil...

16. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    World is right; that is Dobby. You can barely see his ears, and once you see those, it becomes obvious that it is his hand.

17. Jamven

Damn it is a house elf, you can see part of it's head. Viva La Revolution

So we have a tag team match with Big V and Harry v.s the power the dark lord knows not. Think about it, Harry finds the power but it is not what he though it was. It takes both wizards to contain the power

Don't discount anything just yet, in the immortal word of a Mr. Sherlock Holmes "When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Paul
    dark007

18. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Yay, Dobby as 'the power he knows not'? Not a bad one, now that I think about it... :)

19. Jamven

lol, that is all I can say about that.:)

Paul
    dark007

20. the-caitiff

the-caitiff Death Eater

I'm going to call this one.

Official Prediction;
    Harry and friends (plus Dobby for some asinine reason) are on the trail to take out the Horcruxes. Due to a trap in one of the hiding places (UK kids cover) Ron and Hermione get sucked through a version of the Veil o' Spookiness. Angst for a while over how it's all his fault. Once he's found a few Horcruxes (UK adult cover), Harry gets the brilliant idea to chuck them through the veil because it kills things dead. Voldemort learns of this plan (thanks traitorous Dobby, you really are just a worthless plot device) and confronts him in the Veil Chamber. Epic fight ensues. Wandless, Harry wrestles Voldemort to the ground and they both roll through the Veil. Hey look it's not a Portal O'Doom after all. It's just misunderstood! Epic fight ensues. Power the DL knows not manifests. Epic fight (US cover). Volde dies. Sirius walks onto the stage and hugs the little bastard spawn responsible for all this. They live happily ever after in the land of peace and bunnies where no one stares at his scar.