1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

World of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Riley, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

mechagon is the only vaguely interesting thing I've seen out of this patch. Watched a bit of it on twitch. This expansion killed so much of my interest in this game that there's pretty much a 0% chance I pick it pack up in the next year. Probably next 2 years if the next expansions is just scourge stuff.

2. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

I didn't play Legion, like Lungs, so I enjoyed Nazjatar a lot. Mechagon I was more skeptical of at first, but it won me over with all of it quirky quests and things you can build. I really love the alternate time line as well; that was pretty cool. Essences are meh: the only one useful for ST for most class comes from the raid so there's not much point in farming stuff like Blood of the Enemy (which I started doing before sims came out). I'm really happy they're applying AK right off the bat as well: lessens the grind a bit and makes it much easier to reach that 55 for the first week of Mythic.

3. FlyingOctopus

FlyingOctopus Third Year

Honestly Nazjatar was a dissapointment to me. The quest 'chain' was very short en then back to dailies again.
    My time was running out and after they announced that new store mount bullshit I just said fuck it and didn't bother resubbing. Haven't played Mechagon because of it but my hype for retail is so dead I can't bring myself to care.

They'll get my money for Classic, but I'll pay it begrudgingly.
    Seems like Blizzard as we knew it is dead. I hope that Classic is a succes just so some other devs will create a new proper MMO in the spirit of old WoW so I can stop paying Blizzard money.

4. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I... kind of don't get the Mechagon love? I don't hate it, but there seems to be a hard-on for Timeless Isle 2.0 that I just don't get tbh.

I'm doing both until I get flying, then I'll level my lock (not enjoying spriest. Might improve with a difference essence). Being able to hide chest armour is amazing and now my dwarf lock looks like a strapping, rugged Lumberjack.

The custom trinket thing is awesome though. I got a blue card from one of the bosses that let me craft a red card that's complex af. I think it converts all my secondary stats to mirror what the stats on my yellow punch card are? I think? Will be a while until i get a haste/crit one though.

5. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I don’t like Mechagon much at all, to the point where I think I’ve been so lax with the dailies I’m not seeing flying for another week. It’s just so hard to do solo imo, first few days I did it with buddies and it was fun and hilarious but now I’m just too proud to turn war mode off and getting ganked by piles of people.

@Hawkin i think the problem with essences is that the conceptually cooler ones like vop and lucid are hard to balance, nerfed reactively and leaves really boring thoroughput essences like crucible on top. That being said with the way lucid works, the starvation that classes feel for secondary stats is somewhat alleviated I guess

6. Gengar

High Score:
    I've been doing a lot of thinking these past few days on WoW, and I'm starting to think it really isn't BfA. Sure, gutting the classes hurt, but even before they did I think I'd be lying to myself if I said I wasn't over it. The game is just old, ditto the genre in general.

The biggest issue is no one has the stones to put down a fuckload of money and make a true, next-gen MMORPG. To me, that looks a lot more like a living world that constantly evolves with little input from the developers. Blizz has said in interviews (it might have been Morhaime actually) that they let Titan's scope get the better of them - no, it's just that the next step should be larger in scope than any of us has seen before.

Maybe I'm just talking out of my ass, but every MMO basically plays the same right now. There's no more innovation and as a result, the genre is, if not dying, then at a complete standstill.

7. Lungs

High Score:
    Where’s our VRMMO is the real question. I’m waiting for our consciousnesses to get uploaded and to play the greatest game of all time.

Our sword art onlines our log horizons etc

8. Ankan

Ankan Professor

The genre has never been that popular, except for when wow became really big.

The MMO genre does not really appeal to the average player, it lacks the action and instant gratification, instead it focuses on the long-term goals. So if anything, the genre is just returning to what it was, niche. Look at what the most popular games are today, they're all BR/FPS/MOBA.

9. Gengar

High Score:
    I'm not sure that's true, but we can only talk in hypotheticals atm because I don't see such a huge game ever being made to prove or disprove that.

10. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Imo Star Citizen is the closest we’ll get to that for a long time. Very different from traditional mmos though.

11. Gengar

High Score:
    lol. Star Citizen isn't a game.

12. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Oh, you’re one of those people are you?

13. Lungs

High Score:
    I thought it was super unfinished or whatever.

14. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    I swear to god these brain fucking dead melee dps players that can't press tab and damage explosives make me want to gouge my own eyes out so I don't have to look at this game sometimes.

Also if anyone knows Subbeam of Zul-Jin he owes Yagjyubei of Ner'Zul 10000 gold and Luckylee of Ner'Zul 9$(usd).

15. Gengar

High Score:
    I'm assuming lfr? Or some kind of pug?

You get what you pay for, basically.

16. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Nah, the affix on m+ is Explosive which spawns these small orbs that need to be killed or they explode for a large amount of damage. Naturally, nobody kills them and everyone dies horribly.

17. Myduraz

Myduraz Headmaster DLP Supporter

It always was, and always will be, a matter of being good enough to play with other people whom are good enough.

18. Mestre

Mestre Professor

19. Trooper

Trooper Death Eater

I'm in the Classic trial run right now.....

So many fucking people...
    Goddamn... It looks like almost a dozen 40 man raids going on in here...
    wow. I mean WoW.
    Hard to even see the quest giver, with so many people...
    Is this what classic was like?
    O.O

Edit... Buying Light shots for Dwarf hunter is just topkek. XD

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  20. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

No. The servers were barely functional for most of the big classic events, and more than 100 people in the same zone would typically break something.