1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Staff Announcement Regarding the DLP C2 and Enembee

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Rahkesh Asmodaeus, Jul 19, 2019.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

The procedure for this kind of thing is very straight forward. If you have an issue with a singular staff member who you believe is treating you unfairly, then you contact literally anyone else on staff and then it gets brought up internally and dealt with based on the evidence available. For some stupid reason nmb decided that the best way to get attention to his issue was to nuke the C2 instead of at any point contacting anyone who could have remedied the situation.

I'm going to be blunt.

He was a member of the 'Prestige' group. Everyone in Prestige has a single get out of jail free card with regards to any disciplinary action taken on the site. They have been used in the past- and I'm not going to name names, but you guys know who you are, and that I'm being truthful. If he had spoken to literally anyone this would have been fixed right then and there.

It boggles my fucking mind that this is the road he chose to take.

2. Niez

Niez Competition Winner CHAMPION ⭐⭐

But he didn't right? I'm not saying anything either way but I've popped to the C2 and most of the fics seem to be back up. The only thing that's changed is the name of the community.

3. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Just gonna put out a reminder that DLP has never been a democracy. Over the last few years punishments have become much lighter ever before, and are pretty much always temporary. Maybe you just happen to annoy a member immediately after they sit on their balls and catch a ban for a day or two when usually they'd just roll their eyes. If that happens you can try talk to them, another member of staff, or just move on and wait it out. Don't try hold the site hostage or blackmail us. That C2 was about the best single bargaining chip any one member had and it didn't work. And it won't work.

4. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yesterday the C2 was named "Shrine to nmb, greatest author in the fandom" and only had 6 of nmb's own fics in it. Now it seems to have been renamed again to "The PortkeyOrg C2" which I don't even l know what the fuck, and has 186 stories. If this is an attempt by nmb to buy some goodwill, it's loo late for that.

5. Utsane

Utsane Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

IIRC Portkey.org was an alternative pairing community, right?

6. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

For the Love of fuck. Keep ScottPress opinion the fuck out of this thread. Also can it be locked.

The brass of it is that no one outside of staff has dealt with this and will continue to deal with this. This isn't a democracy so my opinion doesn't matter and I definitely don't want to see some unfiltered fucking garbage in which no one knows exactly what the fucks going on in here talking bad about someone that I enjoyed.

They paid the price but that's on them and everyone else involved and is not for us to talk about, speculate or judge the decisions that went into both parties.

Move on.

7. Jon

Nmb made it very clear to that the C2 is his alone and has nothing to do with DLP despite whatever group effort the community had put into getting it to where it is. That he felt it appropriate to use it as leverage to try and get his way on DLP speaks volumes.

He can do whatever he wants with it, clearly. Our library is public and if he wants to continue to harvest the fruits of DLP's labour in finding quality story then that's his choice to make.

8. ScottPress

High Score:
    Hence my what the fuck.

9. Niez

Niez Competition Winner CHAMPION ⭐⭐

It still makes the task of 'rebuilding' the DPL C2 considerably easier I would assume. Also means nothing of consequence has really happened, only the ruffling of a few egos. Which again doesnt mean anything either way, dont get me wrong.

10. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

So basically, nmb and xiph got into some kind of stupid pissing match of undefined, but presumably zero, point or worth. Xiph played his admin powers to get the last word, and everyone got the vapors and dove for their fainting couches when nmb held up his control of the C2 in response.

11. ScottPress

High Score:
    What happened is that bridges have been burned, and they didn't have to be.

12. Methos

Methos High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Q:
    Does Enembee still has an option to return to DLP in the future (I assume after working out issues with the Staff) or the ban is permanent.

From my own past experience, losing members in this way is always frustrating (I speak from Staff point of view). How events got out of control so fast, ending with being forced to use the ban hammer.

Small request, leave Enembee some doorway open to communicate with the staff to work out the issues.
    Don't lock him out completely.

I appreciate the transparency of the staff on this, may the future drama in DLP be limited to the proper locations (Awesome fics).

13. Sey

Sey Not Worth the Notice DLP Supporter

High Score:
    What's the end goal of banning like this?

No one else is going to say this, but I have nothing else to lose and will happily make myself a martyr. It's simple:

DLP is cannibalizing itself.

I'm not going to sit here and say enembee was right. Blackmail is rarely the correct choice. However, the amount of immaturity it takes on the other party's side to mess with someone's account is equally reprehensible. While (like many others) I haven't read the DLP terms and conditions fully, there is a certain sanctity that people associate with their accounts justified or not. The fact is, the staff was the primary aggressor and started the conflict. Unlike with other people, this time enembee had a "nuclear button" to press.

That gets my big issue. What's the point?

When I said DLP is cannibalizing itself I mean it. Another Enembee isn't walking through that door. Years ago, it was unlikely but possible. Now, it's a certainty. In the same vein, Vlad for all his faults was amusing. Likewise, another Vlad isn't walking through that metaphysical door.

Sure, you banned a user who blackmailed the staff, but you also proved once again the immaturity and lack of accountability at display by DLP admins.

Also, fuck you @ScottPress. You're a fucking idiot. Shove your "enlightened dictatorship" up your ass.

You know what? Ban me. You won't (or will, not that it matters; site's killing itself anyway. Might as well be ahead of the curve).

14. Methos

Methos High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Echoing @Sey
    Can someone clarify about messing up Enembee forum access?

I know it would have pissed me off even more, if I was pissed off already, maybe to do some stupid shit.

Vlad is no longer among us ? damn, I still think from time to time on scenes to his Harry and Ron Bros fic.

15. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Lol no.

You have no idea the irreplaceable members we’ve lost or banned over the years and we are staronger than ever.

Hell we could lose 80% of the people in this thread and still go strong. DLP has out lasted and grown while almost any other site died a slow death.

This aint a democracy, everyone is replacable.

Shut up

DLP 4eva

16. Jon

I don't think anyone on the site being banned is something that should be waved off ever, barring exceptional circumstances.

This is a shitty situation, but nmb was offered a clean slate by Raven with the provision that he promised he wouldn't use the C2 this way again. You may notice that he is currently banned.

We tried.

17. ScottPress

High Score:
    Sigh

Did you miss the bolded part?

But ya know, brave of you to martyr yourself over your controversial opinion. Fight the power.

18. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    There's a function built into the forum that effectively mimics a shitty internet connection. Pages will load 1 time in 10 and you'll get continual error messages.

Very frustrating to deal with if you don't know about it beforehand as there's no clear indication that it's specifically targeting you like a ban does.

19. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Regardless of the provocation, shitting the bed is still shitting the bed. If we can all just avoid shitting the bed in general, DLP should stagger onwards for another ten, fifteen years or whatever.

Although you could be on to something. First they came for Vlad, and I said nothing. Then they came for nmb, and I said nothing. Then maybe they came for Sey or some shit, I dunno, he hasn't done anything yet.

20. DR

DR Secret Squirrel –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think it's fair to say that a dispute between individuals is one thing, and mercy in those situations may well be warranted, but when that dispute deepens to damage the entire site, that's a red line. And no matter our affection for nmb, he crossed that line, and crossed it hard.

Not open for further replies.