1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel Cinematic Universe General Thread

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Andrela, Jul 18, 2017.

1. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Instant abortion

2. Agent

Agent High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

High Score:
    [​IMG]

3. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

TIL Hawkeye's wife played Velma in the Scooby Doo movies.

[​IMG]

4. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Wtf.

That’s insane. She’s always been “too hot” for Velma though.

5. Nevermind

Nevermind Headmaster

High Score:
    Something I’ve only really come to admire in retrospect is the depiction of the technological advancement of Tony’s Iron Man suits. I was looking at a “suit up” compilation on YouTube the other day and was struck by their organic development evident in the advancement of technology, from Iron Man’s clunky, multi-part armour in the truest sense of the word (looking positively mediaval compared to newer iterations) to the nanotech suit seen in Infinity War and, ultimately, Endgame. In a way, it is a metaphor for how far the franchise has come since its inception.

For all its real and perceived faults, I really love this universe, and this is one of the many small things that make revisiting the older films worthwhile, no matter where you stand on the quality of certain entries.

6. Arthellion

High Score:
    I was thinking about that too

One other thing is how much Robert Downey has aged since iron man 1

7. Nevermind

Nevermind Headmaster

High Score:
  8. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    https://www.marvel.com/amp/articles...con?linkId=70839221&__twitter_impression=true

Black Widow next May, The Eternals in November, then for 2021, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings in February, Dr Strange and the Multiverse of Madness in May, and Thor: Love and Thunder in November.

Plus various Disney+ shows, and a new version of Blade, played by Mahershala Ali - not clear whether this is for a film or a show.

9. Arthellion

High Score:
    Psyched for all of these

10. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Insane number of shows announced for Disney+, kinda more excited for them than the movies. Loki series, Scarlet Witch series and Hawkeye in particular. Given how the proper actors are reprising their roles, it kind of makes sense the Netflix shows go byebye, or the characters are just integrated into the MCU.

Really excited for Wanda in the new Strange movie too... I may have a bit of a crush on Elizabeth Olsen lol

Dunno what the Eternals is, but that cast...

What's Shang-Chi btw? Never heard of it.

EDIT: LOL ALMOST FORGOT! JANE FOSTER BACK FOR THOR 4! No idea how that's gonna play out. No GotG announcement, weirdly, so are they gonna be in Thor 4? (maybe Jane helps them find Gamora?) or something else?

EDIT2: I... I thought this was a troll... but Natalie Portman aka Jane...is playing Fem!Thor...

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  11. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Oh jesus. Oh fuck. Please do not do Cancer!Thor. That storyline is hot garbage.

12. Majube

Majube Order Member DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Wait for real, rofl that sounds terrible.

13. Silirt

Silirt Chief Warlock DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

[​IMG]
    Don't worry, the comics are already doing something more abjectly ridiculous that Hollywood would love to see on the screen, and then everyone will act surprised again when they make a movie about it.

14. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

The Master of Kung Fu in Marvel Comics. From all the changes they probably plan for him, you just need to be aware that he was created in 70-ties as superhero based on all these Kung Fu films that were getting popular at that time.

They gave a surprising amount of information at SDCC. D23 will probably have all Eternals cast present. I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to announce at least 3 films of 2022 there. It's almost definitely going to be GotG3, Black Panther 2 and Captain Marvel 2.

With that busy schedule there is no way for both X-Men and FF to be included before 2023 unless they decided to go in a different direction with them. In my opinion X-Men should be Disney+ show or even few shows instead of series of films. This would finally give it a necessary screen time to handle all fan favourite mutants and a budged to handle it. FF on the other hand is better as a film series.

By the time this weekend ends, Endgame will be the highest-grossing film of all time finally getting the record from Avatar. Disney really wanted for that to happen.

If female Thor happens, Taika Waititi will make it work in my opinion. And giving her powers was probably the only way for them to get Natalie Portman back. ;)

15. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm not familiar with Jane!Thor plotlines, but so long as they don't make the movie about Thor losing his powers and Jane getting them I don't see an issue with it.

16. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Can't decide how I feel about the stronger links between the films and the shows going forward. On the one hand, yes, yes please, but on the other, I'm not that enthusiastic about forking out for a new streaming service to keep up with shows which - at the moment - I'm not that interested in.

17. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

I'm surprised about the lack of Sersi in Eternals line-up when she's the most popular of them in the comics. She was an Avenger for quite a while too. Maybe they don't have an actress or it's someone as famous as Jolie who everyone assumed would play this role. If they managed to avoid even rumours about her then leaving her for D23 would be a good choice for Marvel.

Including Wanda in Doctor Strange is pretty cool in my opinion. Most of their more personal interactions happened in the comics I haven't read, making it a rather fresh concept for me. The most amusing connection I'm aware of is the fact that Doctor Strange dreams about threesome with Wanda and Clea. Or at least that's what the Beyonder offered him when showing off his powers.

There is a spot in the 2021 Summer that probably will go to Spider-Man 3, giving us four MCU films after just two in 2020.

Of the TV Show, What If is the one I'm waiting for because it has the biggest potential if they really go crazy with the twists. Loki is close second, but it really depends on what they really plan to do with him.

18. Heather_Sinclair

Heather_Sinclair Chief Warlock

In the comics, Fury whispers something to Thor and "suddenly" Thor becomes unworthy to wield the hammer. Then a little later some blonde chick picks it up and becomes THOR!!!!!1! Yes, she becomes Thor. Thor is no longer Thor. Thor becomes The Odinson!!!!!1! While it's even later revealed Jane is THOR!!!!!! And Jane has cancer. The thing that is keeping her going is being THOR!!!!

Pointing out that Thor is Thor's first name and not a title is sexist, so don't do that. Pointing out that "Whomever can wiled the hammer shall have the power of Thor" (and not the name) is sexist, so don't do that.

But since the hammer no longer exists and Odin is dead and can no longer enforce these stupid things, we shouldn't have any of these problems.

19. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    And people wonder why the comics were going down the shitter.

20. Heather_Sinclair

Heather_Sinclair Chief Warlock

For the last six months, on the MCU wiki, Angelina Jolie has been listed as playing Sersi, and when I checked a few minutes ago, she's suddenly not listed anymore. Guess that fell through. Not that I'd be up for her in the role, but:

1. She's too old for the role.
    2. The way she looks today, she'd play a better Mr. Bones in the DCEU.