1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fire Emblem: Black Eagles [Three Houses Non Spoiler Talk]

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gengar, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Jarsha

Jarsha Seventh Year

Honestly? He gets more tanky. Especially if you give him a few of the HP+ items. Lindhart or Mercedes to heal them from halfway across the map and a dancer to double his turns and you have a character that can pretty easily solo anything. Focusing on magic myself, got the magic attack range + accessory from a paralogue and its become somehwat difficult to actually have any other character be the mvp in a story map unless I plan it out.

2. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Damn it.

I got paid today.

Serious debating splurging on a switch for this...would you guys say it's worth it?

3. Silly

Silly Third Year

High Score:
    This is the best Fire Emblem game I have ever played.

4. Arthellion

High Score:

Fuck it all...

I know what i'm doing this weekend...

Paying my bills and putting money aside like a responsible adult :colbert:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  5. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I enjoy it, but I wouldn't buy a Switch for it... Unless there's other games you're dying to play...

6. Otters

Otters Groundskeeper ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The Switch Lite is about 2/3rds of the price and comes out in 6 weeks if you're not fussed about being locked to handheld mode, which tbh is how I play 100% of the time.

7. Arthellion

High Score:
    Yeah just gonna save for the lite version.

8. Oment

Oment The Betrayer DLP Supporter

I'm in the same boat, so... High five?

9. Arthellion

High Score:
    We shall watch with envy from afar and avoid spoilers like Neo dodging bullets in the matrix.

10. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Yeah, this is my plan. I preordered a Switch Lite, gonna buy BOTW and Three Houses for it. Should be great.

11. mrkain

mrkain Second Year

I'm 30 hours in on chapter 14 definitely funnest game I've played all year. I do regret playing on normal, definitely bumping up the difficulty NG+.
    A good tip is too abuse gifts, you can easily get supports up and also increase motivation. I just plant flower seeds in the garden. Everyone likes flowers.

For anyone planning on buying a regular switch make sure you get the revised one that doubles the battery life. Should be in stores soon.

12. Silly

Silly Third Year

High Score:
    Just a word of warning, some people have complained about the text in this game being a little small in handheld mode. It hasn't really bothered me (but then again I mostly play docked), but if you think that might bother you then maybe that will be a downside of getting the lite version of the switch.

13. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

And that's Best Route cleared.

14. Otters

Otters Groundskeeper ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Normal was just absurdly easy, and I couldn't help myself from repeatedly grinding auxiliary battles. These facts are very likely related.

Hard, with its restriction of one aux battle a week, flows much better.

15. mrkain

mrkain Second Year

This. I did the free battle 3 or 4 times in the beginning and it's been a cakewalk ever since.

16. Silly

Silly Third Year

High Score:
    In terms of difficulty, hard mode is probably of average difficulty compared to the other games in the series. Pre-timeskip is still pretty damn simple. Post-timeskip you need to pay a bit more attention, because enemies actually hit really hard, but it's completely doable. If you've found normal to be too easy, or if you've played previous games in this series and feel comfortable with them, then I would definitely just play Hard.

Overall, due to the increase in difficulty after the timeskip, I would definitely rate this game as being harder than the easier games in the series, such as FE8 and FE9, but it's not really on the level of like FE6 or FE10.

17. Lamora

Lamora Definitely Not Batman ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Since my last post, I actually decided to wipe and restart as Golden Deer.

Campaign was loads of fun, and Claude is definitely the unexpected noble-bright protagonist of the 3 lords. All of my supports except for 2-3 with my Byleth were A/S by the end. Without context, I strongly rec all of Lysithea's stuff(and recruitng her - her growths, double crests and personal ability make her a fucking magical monster).

Now into ng+ with Blue Lions, and it already feels so much better. The game gives you exactly enough renown to buy yourself back Professor Lvl A+ within the first 2 chapters, which is perfect for someone like me who is absolutely sick to death of fishing to grind XP. Will post more as so as I'm more in.

18. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    How do you get back up to A with renown? The Statues?

You should be planting flowers asap. Not only for gift giving, but it gives teacher xp and you use flowers to up student motivation, saving AP for.... ern........

Yeah, there needed to be more things to do with your AP in this game. I shouldn't be raising skills IDGAF about because I may as well with the AP. Would be nice if you could battle with AP at some point... oh, and a fishing competition that gives you better fishing rods? lol... I'm in the same boat re fish farming. Wanted to kill myself last night.

Felix seems to be a monster too btw. Working on him as a Mortal Savant, though dunno how much the Reason stuff does for him. I just wanna see him in his Madara getup. My Byleth is a Dark Mage, which normally has higher def growths than other casters but it otherwise pretty boring. Also working towards War Master Caspar... he's a monster too. Quads everything.

I don't so much care about grinding xp in this game. I care more about maxing classes, which will be next to impossible on hard unless there's some cheese level you can grind everyone on. The true power in this game seems to come from mixing class max bonuses together.

Getting Quick Riposte from War Master on, say, a Great Knight for instance. Or any tanky slow unit. Those skills being tied to batallion health is supre weird to me still though. Lys has Desperation, but I dunno. I guess I'm supposed to get her Batallion low on health and never replenish it for perma Desperation I guess?

19. Lamora

Lamora Definitely Not Batman ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    In NG+ you can spend renown at your journal in your quarters to buy any level, skill, ability, crest (as an item which any character can carry which basically gives them the crest abilities) or support you had in your previous game. You have to have had it before - you can’t buy stuff you’ve never touched before. In addition, your statues progress is carried over, and your shops remain at endgame inventory (though they are not all unlocked immediately, which is an important note).

It’s like 4500 to go from Professor E to A+, and I started at 3500 (don’t know if this is standard or just a multiplier - for reference, I ended my Deers campaign with 500 in the bank). Your renown gains are all enhanced in NG+ as well.

I’ve only spent renown on the Professor level thus far - it’s a huge quality of life improvement for the game as a whole and I want to finish my statues first before I start going nuts with the other stuff (most likely in NG+2). I figure I’m going to run through it all and build up a renown bank so that I’m all rich and beefed up when they drop Lunatic mode - I’ve been playing Normal so far just so I can enjoy the whole story first.

20. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I ended up using his Reason skills quite a bit down the stretch in my Black Eagles playthrough. He's never going to be a magical nuke like Lysithea or anything, but he does generally get the job done and 1-3 range with Thoron helps a lot in avoiding monster counters.