1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fanfiction's Worst Summaries v10.0

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Dark Syaoran, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Sataniel

Sataniel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    Taure's Alexandra just couldn't compete. That's why he had to switch to Victoria.

2. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I decided to skim through this gem:

Wonderful one dimensional characters. It's nice not to have to bother with nuance or thinking for more than five seconds.

3. Pathological Liar

Pathological Liar Second Year

Two sentences into the essay, I died. Everyone's invited.

4. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

At least I can claim I used Victoria first :<

5. Paradise

Paradise Paraplegic Dice DLP Supporter

If that was four feet each of those letters would be two inches tall. Some iffy math for you.

6. Download

High Score:
    Dragon Chronicles 1: Muggle-Raised Champion by Stargon1 reviews
    The day before Harry Potter was due to go to Hogwarts for the very first time, his aunt and uncle informed him that he wouldn't be going. Instead, he was sent to Stonewall High. Now, three years later, the Goblet of Fire has named him as a TriWizard Champion. What that means is anyone's guess, but to Harry, one thing is clear: he can finally get away from Privet Drive.
    Rated: T - English - Adventure - Chapters: 33 - Words: 122,333 - Reviews: 2232 - Favs: 5,573 - Follows: 4,999 - Updated: Jun 6 - Published: Nov 12, 2015 - Harry P., Daphne G. - Complete

So stupid, as if the Dursleys would have a say in the matter.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Fostering a Nightmare by NinjaFairy86 reviews
    A ten-year-old foster child named Tom Riddle showed up on the Granger's front doorstep with his social worker in the summer of 1990. Hermione spent the following years adjusting to life with her new foster brother; so, she never realized how often he kept an eye on her. "I've always watched you, Hermione; and you've always been mine." [Magical AU]
    Rated: M - English - Romance/Drama - Chapters: 22 - Words: 117,618 - Reviews: 1891 - Favs: 1,488 - Follows: 2,118 - Updated: Jun 16 - Published: Sep 24, 2017 - [Hermione G., Tom R. Jr.] Blaise Z., Theodore N.

"[MagicalAU]".

You mean canon?

7. Rhaegar I

Rhaegar I Death Eater

Hang on, he said that to her? When they're both 10?!? And the story is categorized as romantic?!?!?!?

I think I just threw up a little.

8. Archinist

Archinist Hαn Sαlsæd First

After Zoe was betrayed by Heracles, she meet a cursed warrior Perseus that only whishes to die and end his life but a curse from his father Kronos does not allow him to escape punishment. The story starts with how Perseus was born to Kronos and how he received his curse. Percoe but will be a Percy/multi until he manages to win Zoe's heart. Rated M for violence and lemons.

Title is The cursed warrior

It's a really shit fic, plus from the PJO cesspit

Don't read it, but I think it's a summary shitty enough to be on here.

9. Gene

Gene Third Year

Yes, I would expect that this is just a bit different from the Harry Potter movies.

10. darklordmike

darklordmike Headmaster

'SlashLover1996'

There is no way in hell the person who wrote that was born in 1996. It must mean something else. Only a 10-year-old constructs sentences like that, never mind the premise.

11. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

James has that potent seed. Getting all the bitches and he-bitches pregnant.

12. Download

High Score:
    Easy Prey by TIMTAMS2828
    Fandoms: Miraculous Ladybug
    Summary

Holy shit it's miraculous but with wolves, Hogmoths Still an ass and Lilas still a bitch but we have alphas and mates now!

He froze too, almost if waiting for her response. She would give him a response alright. Him being Distracted by what seemed her eyes? She pushed all her body weight and flipped him over, so she was top.
    She stared down at her prey snarling at him teeth bared. The confusion and cation in her eyes ears back once again. He didn’t even fight it?

“WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?” she growled at him fangs out and rearing for his exposed neck!

Cringe.

13. Zombie

Isn't this from a Young Children's series?

14. Download

High Score:
    I think it's aimed at late preteens and young teens, but it does have a pretty large adult following. The Miraculous Ladybug thread over on Spacebattles has 110 pages for example.

15. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

>Spacebattles
    >adults

Does not compute.

16. Archinist

Not sure that this is as bad as some of the others on this thread, but I think it's at least an honorable mention.

17. Rhaegar I

Rhaegar I Death Eater

1. Funny coincidence how only one letter seperates the writer's name and the main character's name.

2. I don't want to read the story to find out, but any particular reason why the Dursleys would send Elena to the orphanage but not Harry? Or is this one of those stories where James and Lily survive but are complete and utter monsters to their own children?

3. The summary sounds suspiciously like a WBWL story, with Elana replacing Harry. And I should know, I had a WBWL phase.

4. Honestly, I'm weirdly surprised more stories don't involve the Dursleys sending someone to an orphanage.

5. Should someone tell the author that it's Canon that the Wool's Orphanage was already torn down and replaced with offices by 1997, and quite likely earlier than that? Or is she that set on making the "similarities" between Elena and Voldemort as ridiculously obvious as possible?

18. Zombie

This sounds about right. People will murder any character to make their own plot work. It takes less skill to do so.

19. Archinist

I think I'm loving this thread a little too much.

The Fifth Marauder by Innocent Huffleclaw

Quinn Marley is a muggleborn, but also a Metamorphmagus. She goes to Hogwarts and meets Lily Evans, Remus Lupin, and Dashia Greene(OC), and they become good friends. She soon becomes friends with James Potter, Sirius Black, and Peter Pettigrew. She comes across many challenges through her years at Hogwarts, bullying, betrayal, and at some point relationships. I hope you like it!

Rated: Fiction T - English - Adventure/Fantasy - OC, Marauders, Lily Evans P. - Chapters: 3 - Words: 6,745 - Favs: 4 - Follows: 3 - Updated: 1h ago - Published: Aug 3 - id: 13354375

20. buzzer

buzzer Slug Club Member DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Just sorting by new on fanfic.net and there's always at least a couple. There's like 800,000 Harry Potter fics at this point and most of them are utter trash, this thread would never end.