1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Overwatch

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Nemrut, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

I'm salty that the vastly more interesting universe of StarCraft is getting sidelined yet again, but a PVE Overwatch would be pretty awesome, not gonna lie. I have zero faith in Blizzard to deliver a quality product anymore at this point, seeing how downhill they've gone over the last year or so, but I'm certainly intrigued by the premise. If it ends up being decent, I'll definitely be checking it out.

2. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'll always have faith in a Kaplan directed game. I still think Overwatch is amazing, but I'm not a pvp shooter fan, so I grew tired of ranked being the only meaningful content.

Re Starcraft. I think I'd have loved a first person Ghost/Spectre stealth shooter rpg... something like Dishonored. I'm kind of over the main cast though.

Except Nova. Obviously.

3. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I mean, if it is a good all around, all for it, rather interested in the Overwatch story but they have spent the last three years deathly afraid of telling a story and refused to commit to anything so don't have much faith in a story focused game there if they go in there with the same mentality.

4. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'll tell you one thing - I prefer them shutting up about it and telling the story in an actual game than releasing garbage novels and comics to do the work for them.

5. Nemrut

High Score:
    I would be happy if they stopped retconning or releasing bizarro characters like Hammond that do nothing to further anything meaningful.

6. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Meh, I take it this is the original overwatch blizzard wanted to release since the current overwatch was only a half-baked plan in development when they decided 'oh wait, we might be able to make this and release it now.' So on one hand I'm very interested because I love overwatch and would love to hear more about the story, on the otherhand if the playstyle is anything like the current PvE modes it will be a shit singleplayer game and I'll probably just youtube the story or some shit. Love the world, but all the overwatch pve modes are bland and boring as shit to play atm, here is to hoping a tailored experience from the ground up instead of on existing maps will be different.

As far as playing Hammond goes better Hammond than bridge any day of the week, his actually a really fun hero to play and didn't break the game meta wise.

7. Majube

Majube Order Member DLP Supporter

High Score:
    What do you guys think of the role queue beta? Imo the getting less Sr thing is annoying besides that I don't really care though I'm fairly sure I've lost at least one game because my team couldnt switch to 3 dps meta when we were getting rolled. I usually solo queue though so I at least havent lost 3-4 games because of a 4 or 5 dps stack team like a normal season wouldve got me.

8. Nemrut

High Score:
    Has its good and bad parts. Good that it prevents bizarre compositions but also bad when you know someone is playing the wrong hero but you can't do anything about it since you yourself can't switch since it's not the role you signed yourself up for. Have been in a few games where a tank just plain did not switch to Winston to kill a Widowmaker or where we had no real shield tank and I as a healer could not really do anything about our inevitable loss there.

But I also like the more structured plays that resulted from this. Like that there are three different SR counts for you now. So yeah, gonna see how it will develop over time.

Still want the mercy mass rez back, btw >_>

9. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You mean the laziest ult in the game?

10. Majube

Majube Order Member DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I started playing after mass rez was a thing so I can't miss what I never had :D

I like the different SR counts but I feel like they're a bit off, like a dps main I play with had their highest as healer even right off the bat. And I'm just a healer-tank main and shit with dps so I think its a bit wonky that my score there ended up being between the other two.

I think this'll taper down later on, I know for myself that I really wanted to be able to switch when I was doing my placements. So, some of it is probably people who are one tricks doing the mandatory placement for SR.

11. Nemrut

High Score:
    Was about to type a small essay on how wrong you are and how shit that whinyness about her ult being bad was but then decided to not do that, lol.

Same with being a healer/tank main but with me, got higher SR with tank, then healer and then dps so mostly checked out for me. So yeah, gonna wait and see with this.

12. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Sounds like something a Mercy main bitter about her lack of relevance would do ;).

13. Nemrut

High Score:
    Oh I am so very bitter >_>

14. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Great googly moogly!