1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Other Fandoms Story Searches that don't require their own thread

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Dark Minion, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Neyra

Neyra Muggle

I am looking for Detective Conan fanfiction
    Three Thieves
    by Ysabet and Nightengale

2. Shezestriakis

Shezestriakis Muggle

I would love to have a copy of this as well. It was fantastic, but it appears the author has purged it from all sources I could find. If someone saved a copy, I'd really appreciate it!

3. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

Anyone know any good Dark!Superman fics that aren't edgy hackjobs?

4. Majube

Majube Order Member DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I know there's been a couple of good but short oneshots, dont know about any longer fics.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  5. Otters

Otters Groundskeeper ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm in the mood for a crossover - not necessarily HP. Does anyone have any suggestions? A good ol' fashioned curbstomp with the endgame protagonist from setting A displaced into the beginning of setting B is exactly what I'm looking for, but any suggestions would be welcome.

6. Damy

Damy First Year

It's not exactly that, but pretty close

Rabbit of the moon, Danmachi/Bloodbourne
    https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/rabbit-of-the-moon-danmachi-bloodborne.436519/

It's basically DanMachi but Aiz doesn't get there in time and Bell dies. Then he gets caught in a thing where every time he dies he gets transported to Bloodborne (the game) (more specifically the city the game takes place in - it's not a game and an actual place in the story) and has to grind for a while until he gets sent back. Its not the best written thing, but I wasn't brought out of my immersion enough for me to remember it happening.

No knowledge of either is required beyond: DanMachi - Fantasy city with dungeon underneath that's pretty dangerous; Bloodbourne - Dark, atmospheric, everything-wants-to-kill-you-and-probably-will-a-few-times game.

Only problem is that it's hasn't been updated in 6 months and isn't very long (50k i think)

7. thejabber27

thejabber27 Groundskeeper

Yeah you want this then:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13190156/1/Wandering-of-a-Sword-Hero

Fate/Stay night x Rise of the shield hero

Endgame Shirou summoned as the sword hero, builds on the canon really well, fleshes out the characters well. Has a yandere bestgirl, I debate putting this one for review. It has a The Hill of Swords vibe going for it. Updates pretty regularly and is almost 200k words long as of this post.

8. Tempest

Tempest Third Year

High Score:
    @thejabber27 Is it necessary to know about the "Rise of the Shield Hero" setting?

It's on my list to watch (because I see it everywhere and am very curious about the hype) but I don't have a stable internet connection at the moment.

9. Otters

Otters Groundskeeper ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It's worth watching just to laugh at all the Indy!Harry bad fanfic tropes it pulls out the bag.

10. thejabber27

thejabber27 Groundskeeper

I'd argue knowing the setting enhances the read, but ideally I'd say you should read the first few chapters or the first 2-3 episodes of the anime for the max return on investment. A big part of the setting (chapter 1) is that the legendary heroes inhibit each other from growing so they all split up. So you won't know much about Naofumi or his perspective at the beginning I'd still say it's an enjoyable ride without it though.

11. Donimo

Donimo Auror

Can anyone recommend some SW timetravel that isn't all angst? I recently read Certain Point by esama in which Obi Wan goes back in time and joins the separatists. A bit of a stretch but it's mostly a fun story about a badass Obi Wan. Anything similar would be great. Any time travel is fine.

12. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This isn't bad. Luke and Vader head back to the Clone Wars.

13. Zilly Sawdust

Zilly Sawdust High Inquisitor

Does anyone have a good Ygritte/Daenarys epic?

14. Zilly Sawdust

Zilly Sawdust High Inquisitor

There are literally zero Dany/Ygritte fics for whatever reason. Well, there is one on AO3 that is 1000 words and set in college. What a drag, I think this pairing has great potential to fulfill the Ice and Fire themes, too.

15. Othalan

Othalan Headmaster DLP Supporter

Lol, "You know nothing Daenerys Targaryen!" Haven't seen any, but I'll keep my eye out.

Does anyone remember the title of a Mass Effect/Avatar: the Last Airbender fic from a while back where A:tLA and Legend of Korra are Humanity's backstory in the ME universe?

IIRC, the Asari had waterbending, the Krogan had earthbenders ("Thunder Walkers", iirc), and the Batarians had both earth and firebending, the techniques for which were the Hegemony's most closely guarded secret before Humans showed up and spilled the beans on fire and airbending (which I guess no other race had figured out). Shepard is the newest Avatar, and she was getting visions/memories of the Prothean Avatars that preceded the human ones.

The origin of the Avatar had something to do with fighting the Reapers, who took Shepard very seriously as a threat. Also, I think biotics were being treated as a fifth element (gravitybending, or maybe massbending?)

In particular, I remember a pretty epic fight scene between Avatar Shepard and an absurdly fast and deadly Asari pirate with a talent for airbending. Is this ringing a bell for any of you guys?

16. chrnno

chrnno High Inquisitor

Sounds like Avatar of Victory.

17. Othalan

Othalan Headmaster DLP Supporter

Yep, that's the one.

And holy shit, I thought it was long when I read it back in the day! It's pushing 1.9 million words, and I remember it being pretty high quality, too. Thanks for the assist, chrnno!

18. koylic

koylic Muggle

I am looking for a naruto fanfiction where naruto is already a toad summoner but manda thinks he is a worthy summoner so he sends one of his scouts and then personally tests naruto in order to make him the snake clans summoner.

Merged thread -Drome

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2020
  19. haphnepls

haphnepls Seventh Year

Have you tried googling it? :)

20. koylic

koylic Muggle

yeah i googled it but i couldnt find it.