1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

World of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Riley, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Trooper

Trooper Death Eater

Instant login. Because of the time I guess.
    Created a Gnome mage called Filius on Herod.
    Filius. I know. I don't have an excuse. I was just trying out names and I was absolutely sure that one was taken... but turns out its not, lol
    I'm pretty certain AlbusD, dumbledore, Harry Potter... all are available for some reason....

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  2. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

I got a lot of the HP ones on herod, though only the females. Guess that makes me weird
    --- Post automerged ---
    Well, server maintenance in a few minutes means I'm probably going to call it a night (even though it should only take 15 minutes). I got about as far as I was hoping to, which is to clear wailing caverns. level 19 in 16 hours isn't the most impressive, but it's a good start, top 10 in mages, but that will be gone after I sleep. Though, i guess everyone has to sleep at some point. I'm just worried about waking up to a 10k queue
    --- Post automerged ---
    day 2 is done for me. only at 25, so 6 levels in 14 hours, not great but im still going forward. Finished almost all of the barrens except the very southern stuff, and all of stonetalon peaks. Will finish up barrens tomorrow, and then hopefully thousand needles. Got deep fathom ring and crescent staff, which should last for awhile. saw two boe blues drop. first was the ironpatch sword, but it was in wailing caverns so I didn't get that. later, I got prospectors axe while question in stonetalon. Will be hard to sell that for anything this early on to the server, but i might just take whatever I can get. I also started farming for my robe of power, a bit. Got the elemental fire, but what I really need is the elemental earth, which if pservers are anything to go by, will be worth too much, and every earth elemental will be overfarmed.

I just hope I can get more than 2 hours of sleep this time

3. Trooper

Trooper Death Eater

Dude, lol. Doesn't being hyper competitive like this burn you out?

I'm still messing around at lvl 5. Admittedly I just play 2 hrs max...
    But even so don't you think you'll grow bored faster and faster like this?

Just asking, since I really can't comprehend ever playing like this...

Edit: And it also feels like deja vu... Have I asked you this before? Or maybe its just a repeated feeling I have watching people play like this....

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  4. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    just hit 16. I hope people start buying my wands...money's a bit tight...

I really need to start running some dungeons to break the monotany.

5. Anarchy

It's not really being hypercompetetive. Like, when I went to bed, there was people at level 40. I'm not doing anything particularly efficient I'm doing every quest I can find, even if I have to walk 15 minutes. I'm having a ton of fun, so I'm playing a long time. I guess I'm just really excited.

6. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Got a level 5 Orclock on Rattlegore. Not sure if itll be my main, never played classic so I'm trying different things out.

Going to try and roll something alliance on Herod but I've haven't had any luck with my login times.

7. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

Managed to get my main to 14 so far, but more importantly I've got all three of my alts to at least level 5, so I've now got them parked in inns, with professions learned and stacking up rest xp for when I decide to level em.

8. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Im a lvl 11 gnome mage in Westfall rn. Went there at 10. I’ve died about a bazillion times, but I’m questing with a friend and it’s been fun so I don’t care too much.

9. Anarchy

Had a fun day today. First day like I really felt like I was getting to know people on the server. The crowds of hundreds turned into crowds of tens, and I started recognizing the same people over and over and grouping with them. I ended the day at level 32, which feels pretty good. I did the entirety of shimmering flats without seeing anyone, and it's strange walking into an empty tanaris afterwards. Outside of this one group who is closing on level 50, I felt like I was actually getting ahead (despite being relatively inefficient). I did spend about a level in SM graveyard, just aoe farming with a group which was fun. Oh, and I was crazy lucky today. I found 4 boe blues, including 2 within a minute of each other (and two duplicates of heavy marauder scimitar). Luckiest I've ever been, but then again, no one is going to buy these things this early.

10. blob

blob Seventh Year

I gotta say, even if I find wow somewhat underwhelming compared to ESO (though perhaps it's because I only played for a few hours - never played wow before and probably won't go beyond lv30 or so), world pvp looks pretty damn fun. Even managed to finish off one of those miserable, misshapen creatures called gnomes despite not having any idea what I'm doing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Distaly

Distaly Fifth Year

So just started to play a bit. Hoped the queue times would be lower by now but anyway. Play on EU-Everlook and best thing so far, they used the old german translation not the new one. Overall while I am having fun I am also confirmed in my suspicous that I wont play classic for long. The game simply is too old, so many things I would not accept in today game. Playing a undead warlock and I think I have done quests which require to kill more enemys than spawn simultaneously. Most annyoning however are the downtimes, drinking every 2-3 mobs just isnt fun (double shoot out to my imp going oom).

Intresting are the little things I forgot. Stuff like 3(?) seconds to use an item, not having the 'assist' mode for pets only 'defensiv', enemies *constanly* resisting my spells and similar things. All incredible annoying. On the other hand I am impressed that so far I still knew all quests by hearth and didnt had to read a single questext or check wowhead.

Will continue playing a bit. Maybe I will get used to these things and enjoy it as much as I did back then. Maybe get a friend or two playing with me again. If not, well it was worth a try.

12. Anarchy

Good day today. Level 37. Got a zealot blade and ring of the underwood. Did most of the quests in Desolace, Arathi, and STV. Only alliance issues came when I was getting to Arathi, so not bad overall. Mount progress isn't going to well, only about halfway, but I might make it.

Crazy thing is that in a few hours we will have the world first level 60.

13. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Dinged level 38 last night on my Human Warrior, got my Whirlwind Axe at level 35, shit was hard.

Overall I'm having a great time, there are certainly some quality of life things that I miss. I do enjoy the difficulty and reward, tanked Scarlet Monastery since level 31, really fun to upgrade into level appropriate BoE greens.

I'm playing on Shazzrah if any (Alliance) need help. Saving for my mount but I'm happy to help with quests/dungeons.

14. Gengar

High Score:
    I am not seeing where all the players are. I feel like I can already feel the drop-off... you can tell because of what ppl are lfg for. It seems like if you fall behind the general 'pack', or are too far ahead, you're shit outta luck in finding a group.

15. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Really? I had zero trouble finding a DM group last night. I'm far behind the pack at 19 now. There were about 5 more groups that were looking in the one hour that run took as well.

Certainly can't speak for those ahead of the pack, but them having trouble is hardly surprising.

And you aren't seeing where the players are due to layering.

16. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

Yeah I've been seeing constant advertising for shit like Deadmines in Trade Chat all week, and even when I'm questing I'm very rarely alone. Hell just last night I grouped up three separate times in totally different areas to do quests.

17. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

There is certainly a drop off, but it dost mean there is a healthy population in the 10-20 area also. Everything was way over saturated for the first few days. Now that many players have pulled to 30-40 and 40+ the lower areas should be more bearable to quest in.

18. Ankan

Ankan Professor

Yea, it was terrible when you had to compete for tags on quest mobs while camping.

19. Anarchy

It's kind of crazy. Everyone is so focused on being a tryhard and doing nothing but Scarlet Monastary for 15 levels that every zone past 30 is pretty much free. The only zone that felt sort of crowded was searing gorge, and that's because of how small it is and how few mobs there are for some of the quests. Then again, in Azshara, I'm legit wondering if I'm the first person to kill some of those mobs way out east

20. Gengar

High Score:
    I'm 29 atm, I'm expecting STV to be a shitshow. Hopefully everyone is in SM.