1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Azur Lane - Mobile Shipgirl Gacha

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Thaumologist, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I'm still stuck downloading the update. It's 1GB, so no way I was doing this over mobile coverage, but the first time didn't work. It's been four hours, and I'm on 75% of the second download...

2. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

So, for anyone who doesn't know, go into the shop and click the shit out of Akashi's head. (Clinking her 30 times is also how you start the quest to get her.) She will periodically send you free shit.

Also, it looks like the devs gave out a free promise ring and 200 gems, which is around $12 premium currency.

I figure most people know about it, but on the off chance they don't, now you do.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  3. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

Shintoism can explain a lot of the goings on in a great many anime.

Hehe. I'm perhaps a bit late, but I thought I'd mention that there is actually a Harry Potter/KanColle crossover fic out there. It's only 10 chapters long, so the author didn't have the time to climb too far up Hermione and Ron's collective ass. :D

4. Arkhan

Arkhan Squib

High Score:
    Thanks, I'll read it and let you know.

On the other hand, does any of you got Taihoe? I got multiple Albacore and Essex but no Taihoe. That annoying!

5. Thaumologist

High Score:
    I got incredibly lucky with pulls, and pulled all but Albacore in my first ten. As Albacore's a guaranteed from the colouring book, I've just been sticking with the daily light builds, which has given me the two Sandy for the retrofit coming soon.

Everyone remembering to go high for Triple Core? I'd forgotten the last two days (been foxmining instead), but it's back to grinding the edge for the next week on that.

6. Antivash

Mine was Essex. Pulled an Enterprise, Ark Royal, Albacore, Le Temeraire, two Sandy's and not one but three Taihou before Essex finally appeared. Around 80-ish cubes all told. Time to start stockpiling again, I guess.

Nice. I got Le Temeraire and Taihou in six, thought I was gonna get lucky. 80-ish cubes before I finally got Essex.

Sandy's retro is nice, but I am waiting on the thing that truly matters: Honolulewd's yukata skin.

Wish I could, but I haven't been playing long and am still working on leveling ships and gear. W5 is probably the highest I could complete, not too confident in that though.

As far as Fox-Mining, I managed to get a Kaga a week or two back. Oathed and nearly MLB now. Taking a break jump back up to finish W6 and do a bit of fishing for Yamashiro, which I am finding more difficult that I would expect for a blue, while leveling commander level and ships.

7. Teyrn

Teyrn Order Member

So far I've got none of the new ships, other than Albacore from the guaranteed. I'm not too fussed, though I'd like to get Essex.

8. Antivash

Oh look... a new rate up with a new destroye...

[​IMG]

err ...

[​IMG]

9. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    All this Zara and Formidable art flooding the fan art circles finally made me start playing. Holy tracts of land, Batman.

10. Arkhan

Arkhan Squib

High Score:
    welcome aboard KHAAAAAAAN!!! On which server are you?

I'm only missing Formidable. I think I used around 110 cube so far….

I can't wait for the flagship of Italy and France. I wish they released them they other way around, flagship first, than cool ship like Litterio and Jean Bart after. Having the nation buff, like Queen Elizabeth, Nagato or now Bismark provide, helps a lot to increase the strengh of the new ships.

11. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Avrora

I got Formidable and Zara in my first 30 or so cubes. Then the the 4 star a couple cubes later. Also Eugen. Now I'm gunning for Littorio so I don't have to spend my meager event points on her.

12. Arkhan

Arkhan Squib

High Score:
    I'm at more than 200 cubes now and no formidable…. so sad haha

13. Arkhan

Arkhan Squib

High Score:
    Well I got I got 5 Zara and 1 Litterio and many other random SSR, but not a single Formidable. Well that how life goes….

Damm you! Haha

14. Thaumologist

High Score:
    I have spent every day in the fox mines. All three hard clears, and often up to five on normal. I have earned enough Kaga to hit MLB, and then another five or so besides.

Finally, today, I found Akagi.

Fluffy tails fleet activate!

How's everyone finding war archives/crosswaves?

I've yet to re-run Visitors Dyed in Red, but my memento folder shows that I cleared all the videos, at least. Crosswave is irksome, in that I'm gaining less (at about 118 vs 120) on the EX rank if I let it run on auto. Given that I have 17 tickets so far, I have no desire to manually run the stage so many times, but I might have to if I want to get all the rewards.

15. Thaumologist

High Score:
    First episode of the anime is out on Funimation (no account, so can't link) with subs. It's already leaked to numerous sites, and is legally available on many others.

It gives a little background info on the setting (not much, tbh), and tries to explain why the Crimson Axis split from the Azur Lane, but the public reason doesn't make any sense.

Laffey drinks a lot. San Diego sings. Fox Sisters have a touching moment. Z23 is skipped from the starter intro screen.

Also, there's a kaiju.

It's not a bad first episode. Some action, some SoL, and they seem to have used a lot of the ingame lines, and the fandom's memes.

16. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    I did like how they incorporated all the common units, and most of the action-y scenes were very entertaining with great animation. A significant negative is that they did nothing to explain the magic system of AL or the nature of the shipgirls themselves. If anything, the sequences they showed here (transformation of physical ships into cubes into magic backpacks for the girls to use) totally muddled the point for me. Are they girls infused with ship spirits, or the manifestation of the ships themselves that both simultaneously have ship forms and human forms? They spent like 10 seconds discussing it and given the sheer amount of Javelin / assorted-loli pantsu in the first episode, this is clearly not the sort of show where we'll get any kind of lengthy lore explanation.

As game animes go, not quite as impressive as Granblue (despite Granblue being pretty shit overall), and I suspect it won't be as visually sumptuous as FGO Babylonia if the first episode of that is anything to go by.

I hope Shiranui shows up at some point to deny people discounts.

17. Thaumologist

High Score:
    Episode two is out, and is alright. We get to see ships from the four major factions, and see more about how the rigging interacts with the ship bodies, at least for carriers; and how the rigging manifests differrently for different classes - Pen's battleship rigging was a small boat, as opposed to a handheld gun, a backpack, or a signature weapon. We also got some minimal information on rigging - that it's magical bullshit, and derived from the cubes, which come from the sirens. Not as good as I'd hoped it to be, but at least it's not completely a SoL episode.

Still no Bismarck though.

Also, in game news, we're seeing the return of the Graf Spee event - three stages, with a unique mechanic against the bossfight in S3 of a timer, once the boss is at 1/4 health. Spee is available through constructions on a 2.5% chance, or by running the final stage 60 times, across the six days available. There's no hard mode, so no boss rush. You have to clear six nodes, then kill the boss.

I missed the original, so having to grind this one. Currently, I'm sitting at 21, so slightly ahead of schedule, but planning on trying to grind mostly today and the weekend, to save a final grind in the last few days.

At the very least, I'm seeing gains for my second PR ship - I'm currently at 9% on Monarch's 2KK exp grind, but most of my HMS BBs are already over/near 100 anyway, or at the same level as the untrained pile (currently 59).

18. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Supreme Mugwump

Forgive the layman opinion but I watched the first episode and all I could think of was that I've seen shipgirls before in another anime, Kantai Collection, which also had weird girl monsters from the sea, and featured the iconic line (at least in my circles) of a little girl saying "I want to be a battleship destroyer too."

Is Azur Lane in any way divergent, or is it the same with different paint?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  19. Thaumologist

High Score:
    Pretty much the same, but the game it's based on is for mobiles, and is available even if you don't change your PC's location information to pretend you're in Japan.

20. Thaumologist

High Score:
    I'm still playing (and I've got Crosswave on Steam, just haven't got much around to it yet); although I'm quite behind on the anime.

April Fools' was quite good - there's a 'find the Bulin' quest, which ends with you getting a skin for a Bulin; and there's an animated intro screen.

There's also the recurrence of different Oaths. Hood and Enterprise (?) get a breast ribbon; and Unicorn, Baltimore (?) and Ajax (?) get a toe-ring instead (highlighted ones I'm not sure of).

Current event is also going quite nicely. Relatively easy to do low-oil fleets on the Standard maps, and I'm working my way through the Hard right now, to get enough currency for extra ships from the shop for LBing. I've already got the S2 blueprints (and took FdG to Dev18), Planes, and the first copy of each; so everything else now is just a bonus.

Also, whilst the launch of this event was a shitshow (servers down for about 20 hours, and not working properly for up to 72); the apologems have been exceedingly generous - event currency, cubes, gems, and PvP currency. The staff (Intern) have been quick to communicate and provide updates too, which is always nice.