1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Minecraft

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Feoffic, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

@ScottPress New interior looks good! Like the bed.

You sure like your colours don't you? I double dare you to make a giant pizza on the ground outside your walls.

2. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    World of Color was a divine update. I do not understand people who hate diorite and granite and make texture packs that just make them look like bleached and pink versions of stone brick. Wtf is exciting about yet another castle built primarily of stone variants and spruce wood? It's like all th biggest Minecraft YTubers have a fear of straying from brown and gray. I pity them.

A giant pizza isn't a dare for me, just a plain interesting idea.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  3. Alindrome

Yeah, I figured it would look good in your style. It's all interest and contrast: that's why people hate diorite, incidentally, when it was first introduced the contrast was so high it looked pretty terrible. I like a nice low contrast environment with bits of colour pop usually, but it's really cool to see what you can do if you throw all the colours at the wall too.

4. ScottPress

High Score:
    @Palindrome

Just because you said it, I'll build a giant pizza. All the space on the island is pretty much assigned to what's gonna be there in the future, but I can move some things around. Probably gonna have to use creative mode to figure out the block palette, which I rarely do--I usually have a rough idea and adjust it as needed on the fly.

5. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

I like the terracotta and concrete colors for modern builds. Diorite is bird shit block but isn't bad when making paths. Mixing stone textures is a must and so is varying your base colors. Castle builds and like medieval builds are so minecraft alpha.

6. ScottPress

High Score:
    @Zombie castles and medieval builds are the bread and butter of SMP Minecraft YT, people like fWhip, Pixel Brew, Pixlriffs. Hermitcraft is tons better for finding cool ideas because these guys build so many different things.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  7. Zombie

Hermitcraft is indeed my favorite. fWhip and a couple others are doing Source Block SMP and they're pretty much killing me with how bland they are. Meanwhile Hermitcraft is killing it this season.

8. ScottPress

High Score:
    @Zombie

How do you watch Hermitcraft? Follow all the players, a chosen few, just one? I like xisumavoid. I used to watch Scar quite a bit, but his narration has some x factor that I can't stand, xisumavoid is more subdued in the way he speaks.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  9. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

i started watching Mumbo who is more technical then amazing builds. I then went to Iskall who I think is seriously underrated, his early work is not then best but this season his has gotten really good.

I also just started on Cubfan who i never really cared for in others videos, but warching his... he may be my new favourite. Also he seems like a really grounded and good guy.

I tried Scar but he streams to much to follow his builds well, and also does a lot of advertising which is his right, but makes it hard to watch.

False is a great builder, maybe the best, but not a fan of her videos.

10. Zombie

Mumbo, iskal, False, Grian, Impulse, xisumavoid, cubfan, scar, bdubs, keralis and tango tek and stress monster. I like the technical builders for their technical builds and grian and the rest for just their builds.

It kinda varies but I watch Mumbo, Grain, Xisumavoid, cubfan and impulse on a regular basis the others if there are no other updates I'll watch. Season 6 has been great. They've built so much shit.

11. Alindrome

Bdubs and TangoTek are my eternal favourites. Just really entertaining and great quality builds.

12. Erotic Adventures of S

I kinda wish they started a new season, maybe with 1.15. I feel this season has lost some steam, it’s done everything it can, anything new would probably go better in a fresh season.

I feel some of them have been struggling the last few months.

13. Zombie

Yeah thats why their videos have slowed down. They largely extended it because they wanted to finish projects. They started a lot of big ones around the time they'd normally start a new season.

14. ScottPress

High Score:
    @Palindrome

New world spawn under construction. The centerpiece is complete.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edit: basic terraforming complete, this might be the silliest build in my world and it's gonna be great

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  15. Alindrome

Haha, wasn't expecting the rainbow pizza paradise! Looks great. What are you planning next?

16. ScottPress

High Score:
    The list of things is pretty long at this point, so here are the main projects:

1) Spawn island--since I already started, I'll finish it. Currently coming up with ideas for what to put on the island. Probably a few custom trees, maybe a small campsite with starter loot for newcomers (not that there will be any, server is just two people, I'm playing with one other guy whom I poached from the SMP server I posted about previously itt). I welcome your input since the pizza is your fault @Palindrome :)

2) The main base is still unfinished. Ideally I want a third beacon, I need to install 4 more conduits (for full coverage around the entire island). Above ground, I want to do some terraforming, build a few more cool buildings maybe and then finish the terrain between them. Cleverly hide lighting to make the surface as mob proof as I can without just spamming torches.

3) I have this huge underground complex to finish, I want to put a bunch of smaller farms there (microfarms for 2-tall flowers, a bonemeal flower farm, cocoa bean farm, sea pickles) and a few bigger semi-auto crop farms.

4) Fix the guardian farm. That's gonna be a pain in my ass, but it'll be worth it.

5) If I don't go insane, since this is a long-term world, I want to try fighting the dragon 19 more times to generate all the portals to the Outer Rim.

6) Nether Hub. Kinda wanna wait for the Nether Update to drop before I do this one. Break bedrock and build a gold farm on top of the Nether.

That's the bulk of what might take me through the next year of playing.

17. Donimo

Donimo Auror

I'm looking to get into minecraft for the first time in 6 or so years and I'm having a little trouble navigating the mods and stuff. I need optifine, which seems to still be the go to for improved graphics, and world edit, which seems to be the best for terraforming. I think I used to use voxelsniper but that seems to be online only. I managed to get optifine installed but not with worldedit, then I screwed something else up and couldn't get minecraft to launch at all. There seems to be a large variety of launcher/mod installation programs but I can't tell one from another.

If someone could just point me toward the downloads I need to get these working, and maybe some other suggestions for enhanced vanilla play, I would really appreciate it. Also what texture packs should I be looking at? Thanks for the help.

18. Paradise

Paradise Paraplegic Dice DLP Supporter

tbh for any modded plays the Twitch App is pretty good for it, it basically has a mod pack browser, and lets you make custom packs and pick and choose which mods for it.

19. Zombie

OptiFine Here: https://optifine.net/downloads
    Vanilla Tweaks here: https://vanillatweaks.net/

Vanilla tweaks aren't mods per se, they're data packs that enhance aspects of the game without breaking vanilla. I use them a lot. There is a comprehensive guide on how to use and install them, and the site is pretty good about telling you what data pack works with what.

I don't know if world edit is updated to the latest version, but just try searching the minecraft mod forums? There are also in world tools that you can use with a "wand" that will allow you to mass edit blocks, chunks, summon block types from nothing (like creative, but in survival) and whenever I used to use tools like that it was what I preferred.

In terms of launcher there is like the default and forge, that I'm aware of. Some of the bigger world editing mods require forge, but I've never fucked with it much so I may not be much help there.

The most common streamer texture pack I've seen is Faithful.

Most of them are vanilla texture mods. So it just depends.

20. Erotic Adventures of S

Just finished watching all of Cubfan season 6. I can definitely say he is the best hermit, great red stone, better than mumbo, complex pretty builds, better than grian, interesting commentary, and great interwoven builds, the valley of con Corp, the golf coarse and ravergers run are amazing. Took maybe 6 episodes to get a feel for him, but he is proper top notch.