1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fire Emblem: Black Eagles [Three Houses Non Spoiler Talk]

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gengar, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Nazgoose

Nazgoose The Honky-tonk ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter DLP Gold Supporter

High Score:
    That sounds intense. Looking forward to my second playthrough.

2. Nazgoose

High Score:
    Right so I finished my Golden Deer playthrough and I kind of wish
    the last two chapters had been cut from the story. Feels like a disservice to have a 'shadowy cabal' of ancient assholes with a grudge be the ones ruining everything for everyone. I was way more invested in the war against the Empire and having to fight and kill my former students than I was in chasing down "those who slither in the darkness" and then putting down Nemesis like the sad mad dog he turned out to be.
    That said, I thoroughly enjoyed the game, and look forward to starting New Game +.

I think I'll be doing the Silver Snow route next, then do Azure Moon to have a bit of a gap, and finally Crimson Flower for the final playthrough.

Took me 70 hours to get through Golden Deer though, so idk how long this is gonna take lol. I did do a lot of auxiliary battles in an attempt to get more of the rarer ores, but I ended up slightly regretting it because the story missions in part 2 quickly became a curbstomp where I'd send Hilda and Claude one way to wreck half the map on their dragons, and then move my other units forward as quickly as possible with liberal use of Lysithea's Warp to just get through it ASAP.

I'm honestly glad to hear Maddening is a significant jump in difficulty because I was barely strategizing by the end. Level 50 Hilda with a Brave Axe+ could wreck anything that dared look in her general vicinity, and the rest of my army wasn't far behind.

3. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

I expect you'll enjoy Azure Moon a lot more than Verdant Wind in that case.

4. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Anyone else get Cindered Shadows? The new classes made available through this DLC finally got me to plonk down the cash for the expansion pass, as much as I loathe the concept.

5. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I kinda fizzled out on the game before finishing it.

6. Nazgoose

High Score:
    Is that expansion out already? I thought it was months out.

I got the expansion pass a while back myself. I'm on the final chapter of my second playthrough, and honestly lost a lot of steam. The game is just too damn long and requires four full playthroughs if you want to get all the story. I'll probably take a break and play something else before diving back in to my third one, possibly wait until the new DLC is out just for something a bit more novel to play through.