1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Vote Count 3.1
    Vaimes (4): Mendel, TerRaine, Fluffiness, CerberAsta
    Fluffiness (1): Vaimes

Not Voting (3): Empoof, Tammy, Keldeo

With 8 alive, it's 5 to soft lynch, 7 to hard lynch.

Day Ends in 18 hours.

2. Empoof

Empoof Muggle

3. Mendel

Mendel Muggle

In the newer version of this forum, quotes are stored with the device, so if you collect them on the phone, you only have them on the phone. The thing to do is to insert them into the editor, copy them out of the editor, and send them to yourself via email or similar if you need them on the computer.
    --- Post automerged ---
    My overall problem with Vaimes is that his fight looks so opportunistic to me: it doesn't feel like his fight is coming from a towny place, y'know?
    We have seen good evidence for that yesterday and today.

Eh, I kinda expected you to think this through. But whatever.

In my G4 champs game that Tammy has looked at, the mafia nightkill was carried out by the voyeur, who targetted the same player. This had the advantage that he had a reason to be there, and that the investigation result would tell him whether he had been seen by the watcher. And that's really the crux: as watcher, you are seen watching if you watch another watcher. I'm sure we discussed this already, here or on the previous page. So as a scum watcher, it doesn't really pay to hunt other watchers. The best thing you can do is to watch your own nightkill to see if you've been seen.

This has implications for last night: if that was indeed a double shot, then Sloth's partner would likely have seen Jarizok's partner. But Jarizok's partner is blind, and knows nothing. So the question is here, does Sloth's partner betray themselves to Jarizok's partner by pushing them today? Or do they keep quiet and try to slip by undetected? Or did the double shot even happen at all (the N1 holster theory)?

I think Vaimes started the day attacking me, and is now voting fluffiness. Lynching Vaimes today will make for a tough day for me tomorrow! :p

Up to #970, the Vaimes wagon was ahead at 5:4, and Jarizok voted off-wagon. The question is, was Jarizok's partner on the Vaimes wagon, helping Jarizok, or were they on the Jarizok wagon, busing, and expecting Jarizok to place a vote and make it a comfortable 6:4? I can see why some players decide to move their votes around a bit in this situation, forcing scum to re-evaluate. It's hard to see anything from these static wagons.
    I know I was hoping for Empoof to reconsider, and for Jarizok to save themself, so we could get Vaimes lynched, but the clock just ran out eventually and Cerber and Tom switched when it was apparent there would be no fifth vote on the Vaimes wagon.
    --- Post automerged ---
    The first quote was directed at Tom, btw.

4. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I didn’t know I had the power to wish people dead.
    --- Post automerged ---
    “Mendel, I hope you die before endgame.”

“fluff, I hope you die before endgame.”

Now we wait.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Re: the watcher taking both actions, I was talking about N1 because of how fluff never wavered from Jarizok D2. And I didn’t think too much about the implications because I figured it was just gonna end up being wine.

5. Mendel

Mendel Muggle

It's not about that. It's that you've been telling us all day you wouldn't have shot Tom. There are two players left in the game with the power to wish people dead, after all.

If fluff had seen Jarizok, I expect Jarizok would have seen fluff, and then fluff would have died last night.

6. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

Or at the very least he'd have pushed for a fluff lynch to try and gain town cred.

7. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Yeah.

Which is why I didn’t think too hard about it.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I wouldn’t have shot tom because I was townreading him, and didn’t really have a watcher read on him. If Jarizok had flipped town, then sure, I would have shot tom because at that point he could still be team #2.

But I’m not scum, so who cares.

8. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

You sure that's what you want to go with?

Given that you spent last Day calling tom scummy and saying "my legacy will be that tom and Ter are forbidden from endgaming".

9. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

That was before Jarizok flipped scum, my child.

10. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

To Tom:
    To Tom:
    [​IMG]

11. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Okay, nobody seems to be aware that I townread tom immediately upon Jarizok’s flip.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yes, I strongly believed tom was scum for how he treated me. But switching to Jarizok and lunching actual scum immediately cleared him in my mind, since he was already an unlikely Sloth partner. tom’s scum meta currently does not support needlessly bussing partners, and scum!tom didn’t need the towncred.
    --- Post automerged ---
    mfw people are 3 desperate 2 find a slip/contradiction/inconsistency to paint as scummy 4 me

12. Empoof

Empoof Muggle

I'll give my final thoughts about how some of my feelings of Vaimes of changed and how some parts have stayed the same in about 3-4 hours. I'm working on finalizing backend stuff for a mash I'm running in a week (if we get numbers) and need to commute into the city. But once I'm in the city I should be able to sit down with this and flesh it out.

I'm just like... extremely disappointed in Keldeo's absence since he's like the glue for the puzzle for me. And I don't like reading over Tammy's stuff and being minorly tinfoily about my read on him which gets emphasized by his absence. I get you have real life stuff but it's eating at me.
    --- Post automerged ---
    This is Vaimes saying he thought tom was townie when Day started, regardless of alignment.

13. CerberAsta

CerberAsta Muggle

Promise I'm still around, it's just hectic right now. Wanna hear from Keldeo because yeah, with Tammy's posts and such, I could see myself flipping to a Keldeo wagon today if I felt it could gain traction.

14. Empoof

Empoof Muggle

I still don't really believe the stuff about the night kill, it kind of sounds like you're just fitting it to whatever would make you town.

You wouldn't shoot tom because you town read him, you'd shoot Mendel because he's on your ass too hard Fluff because you had a Town Watcher read on him.

The night kill analysis in this thread hurts my head and I still whole heartedly believe it's bears little fruit. Would appreciate if that meme just died. If you thought he was likely town after Jarizok flipped scum, congrats that + potentially thinking he's a PR is enough to kill him.

15. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I really don’t care, and would be happy to drop it.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I don’t think I’m gonna hold my breath for Keldeo to pop in. Even if he did, I can’t imagine he’s had the time to actually read this Day’s posts.

16. Empoof

Empoof Muggle

He said he'd be on for End of Day if anything.

I'm getting his opinion one way or the other.

17. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Don’t beat him up too badly. I need him to defend me again.

18. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    Maybe I’m being dumb but how does that make him sloths partner?

19. Mendel

Mendel Muggle

AFTER he shot him in the night. AFTER Tom flipped.

20. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

It makes him a candidate because he lightly townread him, never talked about him again, and voted him at deadline.

He explained his read on Sloth only recently, you can read it and see if it holds up.
    --- Post automerged ---
    You are so desperate for me to flip scum, it’s almost cute.