1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Mendel

Mendel Muggle

Feel free to give a screenshot of scumchat showing that you townread him right away? ;p
    --- Post automerged ---
    Just don't say "after Jarizok flipped" when all we can see is "after Tom flipped". Everyone can townread Town after he flips, most players did it before, though.

2. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I mean anyone who has played at least a couple of games with tom knows his style. I can’t say I care enough to debate it, because you will push anything I say as being scummy.

3. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    Right now I’m looking back at the intervening pages, and in 310 sloth postured to get on fluffs wagon and in 330 Mendel made a case against sloth. So contextually it didn’t look weird. I’ll look back at his read.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I saved it on my iPad and hoped they would save in the box once I started typing into it, but they disappeared from my iPad too.

4. Mendel

Mendel Muggle

Oh, that is very annoying!

5. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    Looking at the last part, that’s a weak point. I remember eod yesterday also being strongly on jarizok, who I had been talking to fluff about at eod 1, and saying that I thought you would make yr alignment clearer today than jarizok would. I thought fluff agreed with me, I’ll go check.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yeah he never said vaimes is town, let’s lynch jarizok it was about scumreading jarizok and that you were more likely to post something readable.
    --- Post automerged ---
    IDK. Vaimes, sure anything’s possible I think fluffy will bus when necessary and maybe you’re right, but it doesn’t feel right.

6. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I don’t remember it that way. It was pretty close to being me, but then Empoof/tom/CA all moved to Jarizok.

This is why it would be nice if fluff had reads that could be tracked. I don’t know what his read on me was, but why bother pushing for Jarizok so hard if I was at all scummy to him?
    --- Post automerged ---
    And this is why it doesn’t really matter if I “find” Sloth’s partner. At the end of the day, it’s all going to be something along the lines of “possible, but not likely.” You need my alignment to shift those possible worlds over into likely, and my posting hasn’t convinced anyone, sooo.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yeah I’m not gonna get around to rereading. Too many errands, and I want to see a movie in between those errands.

Will be around though.

7. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    I don’t remember everything you wrote today, but did you have any others besides fluff you think it could be?

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Not really. I never explored Keldeo, you made some interesting points. And afaik, tom was one of the few people scumreading him. But he probably won’t be a Thing until endgame.

If it’s not fluff, we’re back to like. Ter? Hang on lemme pull up Sloth’s reads.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Keldeo does fit with my theory that Sloth’s partner is in the bulls somewhere. It’s not me, don’t really think it’s Tammy or Empoof.
    --- Post automerged ---
    the NULLS
    --- Post automerged ---
    Sure. I got nothin’ to lose.

Mendel is Jarizok’s partner. Sloth’s partner is either fluff or Keldeo. I’d kill fluff first because his lack of content will be a liability.

9. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    I guess being stuck on keldeo could be clouding my vision

10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I’m sure you and Empoof can hash it out one way or another.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Movie time, back in three hours!

11. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    Im mostly in and out today. Sorry I’m not doing more. My other half and I have the day off together for the first time in forever, so it makes extended mafia time not so appealing.

12. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

All did not go well but I'm mostly here until EOD.

Gonna just dump my thoughts now
    --- Post automerged ---
    Okay uh. Just not considering Tammy, Mendel, or Empoof, probably ~in that order, until if and when I'm forced to. I mean I know this is kind of a cop-out because I haven't had the time to tinfoil lol, but. They've all been transparent, really villagery in that they're attempting to solve instead of just phoning it in today (except for arguably Mendel I guess, but there's just so much stuff balancing it out I strongly TR from him that I'm not willing to reconsider that. Like I do feel his towncase on Jarizok yesterday for that weird Sloth's partner's shot reason was kind of eehhh but just how offbeat it was and the way he was pushing it, I believe he believed it. And that's just so true of so much he's done - considering all the possibilities wrt nightkills last night, him tunneling Vaimes but also developing his peripheral reads today - this one is really important to me, I don't think he's like, pushing forward just one worldview - and I might disagree with his Vaimes emotion read but Keldeo tonereading broke and it's very internally consistent to how he treated Sloth.

Based on everything everyone has said about Tammy and her meta she's just town here right. Her case on me and Mendel is just reaffirming her towniness to me like... I know theoretically a mafia would need to expand the POE but she flat out doesn't need to if she's somehow mafia? She could coast to endgame unless people tinfoiled on her just based on the current consensus, it's something she doesn't need to do, if that makes any sense.

I'm really, really mindmelding with Empoof on how Jari interactions are harder to read to than Sloth's, which makes me feel like he's actually trying to look for both partners. Sloth was so much more polarizing and I feel like Jari gained enough traction yesterday as a counter that I'm a bit more lost on how his partner would have positioned wrt him. Like even though I think his partner is likely off wagon, that's only Mendel and TerRaine, and I think it's more possible that his partner could have gone for the bus on him given how people were treating people on the Sloth wagon on d2.

13. Empoof

Empoof Muggle

Alright, so are you agreeing that Vaimes is likely Sloth's partner then?

14. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

Everyone else is tougher and I have to look into more stuff but hopefully I have enough time
    --- Post automerged ---
    Uh. Yeah I think so

I feel like it's either him or Cerber or there's some weird world tom was right and I'm just totally snowed by you, or something else*. Which sucks because Vaimes reads as [retty towny today to me but idek how much my opinion matters given the point in the day and the wagon formation

15. Empoof

Empoof Muggle

What changed for you from Jarizok's flip? YesterDay you seemed fairly convinced that Vaimes wasn't Sloth's partner, and seem to be leaning slightly away from wanting to lynch him other than that other people want to.

What makes you think it's Vaimes over Cerber?
    --- Post automerged ---
    For what it's worth I'm the type of player that thinks that if it's not 30 minutes before deadline (or a hammer), any lynch can be changed at any time.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm working on a job application so I'm a little split focus but I should be around until End of Day otherwise as well.

16. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

No, iirc I thought Vaimes was a good amount less likely to be with Sloth than Jari was so I preferred Jari, and then Vaimes' wagon made me squint

which, lol Keldeo so I've been trying to go level +1 with my Sloth partner thinking, and I feel like my read on him today is still for bad nebulous reasons

It's like... from what I have read today, he ~feels like~ someone who's getting frustrated but also still trying in some sense to solve? I know, like, being frustrated would also make sense if he were mafia, but I feel like the trying to solve doesn't make as much sense when with what he's said about his meta / what I would expect of a mafia in this scenario, he wouldn't need to pour that effort in unless he thought there was a chance and from the VC, from my absence, it wouldn't seem like he has a chance. idk.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Does this make any sense? Not sure how coherent I'm being

17. Empoof

Empoof Muggle

Kinda. It sounds like you think he's town. lol.

18. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

I kind of do yeah. But I also have Sloth's partner narrowed down to like Cerber or * so I'm scared I'm wrong
    --- Post automerged ---
    Ugh I lost my post about what * is
    --- Post automerged ---
    * = so to be rigorous

Mendel or Tammy is just not, feel like I've gone into this before

Empoof is like very probably town but slightly less "just not", if I'm being honest mostly because Fear - but I don't think I have the brain bandwidth to really break out the tinfoil until if and when I have to

TerRaine I'm on probably not w/w because
    - I believe Vaimes is being honest about thinking they would not bus as w/w
    - I believe Ter believes her posts about how Sloth would have been trying to rile her up + the general back-and-forth between them
    - I feel like Sloth piggybacking her pushes on people, which was the main reason I had of thinking he had some reason to trust her despite the scumread he was repping... might be NAI in the end? if he had reason to believe her reads would be genuine regardless of alignment, and she seems like a generally genuine person

Fluff actually is in much more of a blindspot for me than I thought, when I searched his ISO for Sloth I found less than I remembered. I think the main argument against him being Sloth's partner is him voting up Sloth instead of Jari when the wagons were himself 3/Sloth 2/Jari 2 and while I still don't really think people would bus d1, I feel like he has also ~kind of coasted on the Vaimes lunch today, his early TR of Sloth was for kinda ? reasons, and I'm wary to entirely clear him just based on that vote. I think the "scum watcher who saw Jarizok" idea doesn't make sense. I think his reasoning he said today behind why he voted Sloth despite his "tentative townread" is like, fine.

Gonna go into Cerber/Sloth and Jari partner reads soon, my thoughts are kind of buzzing around and I need to organize them
    --- Post automerged ---
    I need to grab something to eat, will be back soon

19. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    I’ll be back in ~45 minutes
    --- Post automerged ---
    Never mind. I'm here. We're rearranging our plans :)
    --- Post automerged ---
    • What makes this harder is that all the people who voted Jarizok yesterday, I think, also voiced concern/wanted to vote/did vote Jarizok day one. So if Jarizok's partner is on the wagon, they were setting up that bus since day one. I suppose that one of them could have jumped on the Jarizok suspicion wagon day one as it started building up, buy yeah.

20. Empoof

Empoof Muggle

Hi Tammy!