1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

World of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Riley, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

There's no need for Chromie to get involved to roll back time, tbh. Blizzard's said explicitly before that previous expansion content doesn't "carry forward" in the timeline, and going back to, say, Northrend or whatever means you're technically going back in time to when that expansion was relevant. It's how expansions have always worked, and there's zero reason to expect anything to change for this. Literally all they're changing is that you can fully level in a single expansion, instead of having to work your way through most of them.

2. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I've heard positive things about what this does for story and solo-play, however.

Level an alt from 1 to 120 in the current content and you're probably not going to be able to finish a single major storyline without massively outleveling it.

Seems like they're trying to make it so the people who like leveling (my friend) can actually enjoy the experience as a quasi-single-player game again. This is partly what they are also enjoying about Classic right now.

3. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    leveling kinda blows right now.
    i'd love to play through mop or something i think for a 1-50

4. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Officially done with Classic.

There are certainly aspects - namely with questing and gearing - that I like but yall can take your #nochanges bullshit and shove it up your ass. It's exacerbated by the ridiculous 80/20 (if that) split between Horde/Alliance. Can't even go to any zone without a brain dead hunter viper stinging me and auto attacking and winning.

If anyone thinks class design is better in Classic than in Retail, you're objectively wrong (maybe prot warriors are better, they're quite challenging. But that's it). Or maybe one button rotations are your thing.

On Yojamba, you can go to any zone in the game and it'll look like a Horde starting zone. They're skittering all over the fucking map, being tailed by their 60 mates. I went to four different zones to try and farm herbs on a Sunday morning (EPL, Felwood, Silithus, Winterspring) and it was the exact same. No Alliance players in sight.

I'd have never even played on a PvP server in the first place, but an Oceanic server will be struggling for player retention to begin with let alone one on a PvE server, so while I had the 'choice', it was never a real one. There's one PvE server, and its pop is 'medium.'

I'm struggling to find groups to do anything on a high pop server as is. There's no one to play with. Even people in my guild would rather AFK in IF than help anyone, and it'll take about an hour if you want to PUG a tank for anything. This is another problem with class design in Classic., I went in thinking I'd never want for a group as a healer, but I just forgot how fucking easy healing is in Classic. Healers are a dime-a-dozen, it's easier to find a group as a DPS, no joke.

War Mode is brilliant. I'm not a huge fan of layering, but on a server with a faction disparity as huge as mine? It seems mandatory. Oh, and I logged into retail to get my Deathwing mount - I would take any one Priest spec in retail over the 3 I have in Classic. I had to log in to do MC after getting the mount and all I could think about was how much more fun I'd be having if I was a Retail disc priest in MC than a Classic one...

5. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

Honor released today, and it was amazing. the most fun I've had in the game to date. I participated in 200v200 hillsbrad battles (and 300v100 and 100v300), I did 5 man gank squads, and 40 man globetrotting deathballs loaded with sapper charges. Wiped alliance at kazzak for over an hour as well. Couple issues of course. The first, and it's the one that has been a problem since launch, is server stability. Any more than a couple hundred people and the whole area lags. Unacceptable in 2019. Might even be worse now than it was back in the day. Like, you can barely even get your ony buffs in orgrimmar without lagging out. Second is sustainability. Presumably this phase is going to last about 3 months. I can't really imagine actually wanting to grind honor like this. Interest will die a bit so it won't even be that long until the only honor you'll get is camping flightpaths, ganking world bosses, farming level 48s and assaulting blackrock mountain. With the lag I can only imagine the tedium. I wouldn't be surprised if blizzard decided to release a battleground early like they did with dire maul.

6. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

Yeah you should move to Felstriker, the Horde/Alliance ratio is something like 60/40 so I've been able to have a fuckton of fun doing WPVP even as a prot warrior.

7. Trooper

Trooper Death Eater

Just a small reminder for people like me who couldn't/didn't play Wow for the last few months or so, but want to play now...
    WoW's 15th anniversary is going on and that means you get 15% extra boost on rep and exp. You can even combine that with the hat and wheel from Darkmoon Faire (I think) to grind super fast.
    I had not finished pathfinder 2, which I did in the last week.
    Also a good time to level-up a character to 120 if you have em at 110 or 100-ish. I had a Boosted (From buying BFA) Dwarf Hunter just sitting there, who I'm leveling now.

The Deathwing mount isn't half bad either. ;]
    Event going on till first week of January I think.

8. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

Whelp, Battlegrounds have been out for less than a week and they've had huge effects on the game so far. All the people that gave a shit about PvP are no longer camping flightpoints or Blackrock Mountain, and are instead spamming the fuck out of AV. What's also amusing is the fact that it took the Horde players about 2 days to adapt to the usual Alliance brainless Zerg, so after 2 days of easy wins and free honor, now they're just getting totally fucked most of the time if a premade isn't controlling things.

9. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

*blinks*

Well damn if this isn’t a wake up call to how busy I’ve been the last month.

I was bitching and whining and anxious for BGs to get into the game ASAP back in November. Something I was really looking forward to having for a few reasons.

I haven’t logged in this month. I didn’t realize they were out.

Mind = Blown

10. Lungs

High Score:
    i finally killed azshara

626 pulls me want die
    --- Post automerged ---
    i finally killed azshara

626 pulls me want die

11. Nazgoose

Nazgoose The Honky-tonk ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter DLP Gold Supporter

High Score:
    Holy fuck.

Was it satisfying when you killed her at least?

12. Lungs

High Score:
    it was relieving but i was really angry about the kill itself

there's a mechanic on the last phase where you have a rogue or mage or pally hit the console's extra action button with their immunity (cloak, block, bubble) up because it applies an incredibly nasty damage taken debuff. i was assigned to the third set of presses.

the boss was not tanked close enough for me to press it and hit it when they called for it

[​IMG]

i lost on p4 damage by ~1m damage and the damage that i lost in that window between 613 seconds where i used my last ability and i used my next one was roughly 1.4m so i would have actually owned the boss

[​IMG]

contextually the damage i did was still higher than what a bot could have done on a training dummy, it was like i was fucking possessed that p4 up until i had to hit the console i made no rotational errors whatsoever

13. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Grats Lungs!

And holy shit - is that a Survival hunter in your raid? You...have an awesome guild.

14. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

Managed to get invited to the OCE premades discord, and holy shit it's like a totally new game now. There's normally about 30 or so of us in every AV, and we normally have at least one person who is able to lead pretty well that's been playing this map for about the past 15 years or so, meaning that we're actually able to adapt to what the Horde do, capture towers, stealth cap graveyards and win with a solid push. It's also incredibly fun playing as a geared out deep spec prot warrior when you've got a solid healer with you, since most people are roughly as smart as 15 year old AI and I'm able to just absorb a fuckton of pressure whilst I lock them down and my team takes them out.

15. Brannen

Brannen Muggle

I quite enjoy solo queue on my rogue. I usually disrupt horde at Dun Baldar. Not to mention snowball knockbacks off the bridge. It's pretty fun. haha

16. Trooper

Trooper Death Eater

So 8.3 has been... nice, actually.

I'm actually surprised I enjoyed it tbh.
    While 2 new reps to grind are a chore, both the uldum/Vale assaults themselves and Horrific visions are pretty fun.
    With Nyalotha releasing tomorrow, I'm hoping the raid will be fun as well.

But I'm not so sure the amount of content is going to hold for people till Shadowlands release. Blizz might actually lose a lot of subs in the meantime...

17. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Lol, it needs to hold for...what? Nine months? They scrapped 8.3.5.

I'd respect them a hell of a lot if they were like, 'No, Shadowlands is 2021 and we'll do a bunch of fun things in the world to keep you entertained until then.' At least that way they hopefully will be playing less catchup throughout an entire expansion and maybe they can have the time to get the content/gameplay right off the bat.

18. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

So how about that cinematic for defeating N'zoth?

19. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    What about it? Seems... pretty bad for a blizzard cinematic tbh.

20. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

That... is pretty much par for the course with 8.3. It's short, feels unfinished, and probably buggy, but it does the job, I suppose.