1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Hey, let's create our own Pokemon Region

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Andrela, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Red

Red High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

US based pokemon region that's Nuzlocke focused because you can't afford the Pokemon Centers.

2. Cjonbloodletter

Cjonbloodletter Professor

So in Northern Australia Region someone had the bright idea of introducing Seismotoad to combat a particular type of pest pokemon, this has largely been considered a mistake. Same with the various rabbit pokemon and cat pokemon. It could be a side quest in several towns for the trainer to catch several of these Pokemon for a bounty or something in the name of population control.

Also the dex entry for Dodrio should definitely mention that at one point the humans of Aussie region declared war on them and then lost.

3. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If our professor is based on Steve Irwin then may I humbly present our Champion.

soaps-home-and-away-alf-stewart-ray-meagher-1-jpg-1550757966.jpg

4. DrSarcasm

DrSarcasm Headmaster

So would Uluru/Ayers Rock be the equivalent of the Indigo Plateau (with their Elite Four being on top of it), or would it be this region's Unown Ruins?

5. Oment

Oment The Betrayer DLP Supporter

Oh, right, Steve Irwin... How to pay homage... Got it.

The Champion should have a Mantine.

6. Seratin

High Score:
    I'd argue that should be where the elite four is. Victory road could be carved through it and populated with ticked off aboriginal trainers.

7. Paradise

Paradise Paraplegic Dice DLP Supporter

What are the opposing teams? Like yaknow Team Rocket, Team Magma, Team etc etc

Also can I propose Harold Holt for the water type gym leader.

8. Blorcyn

Blorcyn Chief Warlock DLP Supporter DLP Silver Supporter

Team Abo might be too controversial for Nintendo

9. Seratin

High Score:
    It's like nobody read my original post.

Who better to make an evil team out of than BegPackers?

10. Primarch

Primarch First Year

Team Convict. Bush rangers with Pokemon.

If Uluru is where Victory Road is, then the player will be shit out of luck, because you won't be allowed to climb it.

11. DrSarcasm

DrSarcasm Headmaster

[​IMG]
    --- Post automerged ---
    So in this region, instead of the Pokemon Professor only rarely showing up, in the beginning of the game and at the end, not!Irwin can be seen regularly on television sets throughout the region, doing his show.

[​IMG]

Also, here's a potential map for the region. Others exist, but I like this one because of the Routes through the Great Barrier Reef.

[​IMG]

12. Seratin

High Score:
    Yeah I really like that map and feel like we should be starting in the Perth area and travelling north.

13. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Frankly, the idea of trying to make real world places Pokemon regions seems a bit dull, especially Australia.

But here's your villain:

McLeech!

[​IMG]

I'd like something truly strange. Maybe an entire region that's underground because the Pokemon overran civilization above ground generations ago.

14. DrSarcasm

DrSarcasm Headmaster

I can kind of get the not wanting real world places to be made into Pokemon regions. But Australia and the Amazon both work as 'unknown regions' with fantastical species that are great places to set a new region. Even if Australia as a Pokemon region is an old idea.

I like the idea of McLeech as the antagonist. Sort of the old school Slowpoke Tail scam that Team Rocket was doing in Silver/Gold, but made into an entire Team's motivation. It would also allow for a personal conflict between Professor Irwin and McLeech, with them being directly opposed on ideological grounds.

Since we've got full creative control over the region, something I'd like to see done is making each city less self-contained. Like, the Gym Leaders all know each other from Championship meetings, and not all of them get along. Even after you beat one of them, they might show up later for a rematch or as part of a teamup or just a conversation. The Pokemon Professor is a regularly-seen staple, in part because of his show on TV, in part because he's just a very active conservationist.

Also, Game of Champions stuff.

Disclaimer: I haven't been really all that great at playing the games. I played the first and second generation of games, as well as Diamond, but I never got into the beauty contests or any of the other gimmicky things. So I might have a different understanding of how some of the later games did things.

15. Oment

Oment The Betrayer DLP Supporter

You do realise that every single region they've made so far has its roots in real life locales, right? Wanting something like you describe - while quite an interesting premise - is basically going to come the same moment as that massive Pokémon MMO people want.

Re: Map: starting in (or near) Perth sounds good, though I'd start with the small circuit near Perth first before striking north.

Bunnelby for com-Mon btw.

16. Gengar

High Score:
    Of course I realize that. What part of anything I've had to say about Pokemon (ever) insinuates I'm satisfied with how they do things in any way? lol

17. DrSarcasm

DrSarcasm Headmaster

Suggestion for one of the Gym Leaders: Saxton Hale

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Gengar

High Score:
    I wanna know what was happening around that camp fire before the grizzlies showed up.

19. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

You are not prepared for the answer.

20. DrSarcasm

DrSarcasm Headmaster

Saxton Hale is basically 'Murica, but for Australia. I find the idea of a Gym Leader who decides whether or not a Machamp can be part of his team is dependent on how well it can stand up to him in a wrestling contest amusing.