1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Quality Naruto fics

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Inert, Feb 17, 2012.

1. dinsteho2

dinsteho2 First Year

your move, instigator has to be one of my favorite Naruto fics of all time. absolutely loved every word of it.

2. raobuntu

raobuntu Seventh Year

High Score:
    Have any of y’all been following Myrmidon? It’s definitely reaching its climax and things have gotten seriously interesting

Sasuke showed up, spoke with the King. The King wanted to meet the real shining “King” so he gave Sasuke chakra to go bring Naruto back.

3. Hymnsicality

Hymnsicality Seventh Year

I popped in to that thread, read that Hinata got raped by an ant and then noped the hell out of there.

4. Nazgoose

Nazgoose The Honky-tonk ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter DLP Gold Supporter

High Score:
    Thanks for sharing, was about to check it out.

5. Baradine

Baradine Seventh Year

From what little I read, it sounds more like she got mind raped than actual raped. Could be wrong though, I only read like 3 chapters back from the latest.

6. Pantricelog

Pantricelog First Year

Anyone have any good Naruto x Hinata fics? I feel like I haven't read a good one in forever.

7. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

After god knows how many years of reading Naruto fanfics, I can literally only remember the following NaruHina fics:
    1. Not Sick by Ser Serendipity (worthy of this thread, check the reviews)
    2. People Lie by Nugar (I remember enjoying it but haven't read in a long time so not sure how it holds up)
    3. Naruto: Hyūga Prilgrimage/Naruto: Edge of Tomorrow by Geor-sama (if you're bored and desperate for NaruHina)
    4. Legacy of the Rasengan by Tellemicus Sundance (don't)
    There's also The Middle Ground by SkItZoFrEaK but they're background characters and it only comes up for, like, half a chapter.

8. Hymnsicality

Hymnsicality Seventh Year

Holds up fairly well but it should be mentioned that Naruto and Hinata are only Naruto and Hinata in name only. They are very different from their canon counterparts.

9. foreveryone

foreveryone Third Year

People Lie often gets too preoccupied with the grimness and edge, often to its detriment. The lack of reprieve prevents it from really hitting hard like it should. Which isn't to say People Lie is bad, Ask Me No Questions, its spin off, is just a touch better. Featuring the Marked Characters of People Lie transported to canon naruto, it's just the right combination between lighthearted and grim.

10. Tutorial Boss

Tutorial Boss Seventh Year

It wasn’t literal rape. It was actually a really interesting interpretation of Ninshu where she ended up having her memories and chakra read by another character. It’s a seriously good fic and it’d be a shame to pass it up because of this misunderstanding.

11. inherendo

inherendo First Year

Hey guys, what's the one where all 3 of team 7 grow up separately with naruto becoming the intelligence guy. I think this is after jiraiya dies. I think sasuke was part of anbu or something. They do some river rafting to sneak into a country. I think it's a dlp author but couldn't find after searching for it.

12. crimson sun06

crimson sun06 Order Member

I might be wrong. But your description sounds like the fic that I had written. Anyway here you go.
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10833833/1/Road-to-Heaven

13. raobuntu

raobuntu Seventh Year

High Score:
  14. crimson sun06

crimson sun06 Order Member

I have been out of the game for a while, but am considering jumping back in, just might look into this one.

15. Lemacon

Lemacon Squib

High Score:
  16. fire

fire Order Member

Wrt Naru/Hina fics - for some reason, most of them are just... boring? Unless you have some other thing driving the plot (e.g. the new team dynamics in S'Tar'Kan's Team 8), you only really have the Naruto-Hinata relationship to carry the story, the problem with which should be obvious - one party is a social dunderhead, the other has the personality of wet tissue paper, and together they no chemistry, no spark.

Ah well. Any new fics in the fandom?

17. Silveron

Silveron First Year

High Score:
    So.. hopefully this doesn't count as a Necro, found a fic and figured I'd share it with the class.

Gallyrat has decided to kickstart a reboot of Shinobi: Team 7, called Born Weapons. S:T7 is worth a read if you haven't already but obviously it's dead in the water, BW has only a single chapter but at 11k words it brings you up to speed on the historical changes and eases you into their version of the shinobi world.

And since I'm the cunt reviving this thread, does anyone have any rec's?

18. dudeler

dudeler High Inquisitor

High Score:
    the reboot is easely as good as the original.

rise is the best complete naruto fic i have read in some time.
    after the assasination of the 3th hokage, a bunch of orpans join the rebellion of tsunade, kakashi and some other well known charakters against the unpopuar new hokage. as you might have guessed, most of the konoha 9 join along the way.
    https://archiveofourown.org/works/14246328/chapters/32852958