1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fate/Grand Order

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Jon, Jul 17, 2017.

1. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

I mean it makes sense. He absolutely should be a beast.

Given he used to be Grand Archer until fairly recently.

2. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    King Hassan used to be Grand Assassin and he's not dealing as many fucktons of damage. I should know, I've grailed him to 100.

3. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

Yeah but look how amazing Merlin is. King Hassan is obviously just feeling his old age. Give him a break! Also Assassin, the class container, kind of sucks so doing anything close to real damage is amazing. Plus shooting down Artemis required big boy numbers that only an Archer can do.

4. Crimson13

Crimson13 Professor

Google Play started that thing with points so I thought about it and figured 'Fuck it, considering how much I whale I might as well take advantage of this.' and splurged.

You play that one too BTT? How's the Lostbelt? I saw that FGO got the first animated scene in it.

5. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Man the episode 11 Quetz fight was perfect, right up until the justice bomb, which I felt they kinda botched.

6. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I play JP, yeah.

I've got mixed feelings about the LB, tbh.

On the positive side, I really do like the content. The moment where Orion does his big thing (the animated cutscene) is really cool, and I like basically every new other Servant in the LB as well. Mandricard's social anxiety issues made me go from "who the hell is this guy? He better not be Odysseus" to "yeah, big mood." He's basically 8man. Odysseus himself is a really effective commander, and if he's got an ascension without the weird chest hole in his armour exposing his titties then he'd be even cooler. I've got a stash of 2012 quartz still saved up as a f2p, and if he comes out I'll roll them for him no questions asked.

But, on the negative side, there's not all that much content yet. We just cleared the hurdles in the way that would allow us to go the real core of the LB, and it ends there - part 1 of 2. We never got to fight Odysseus personally, nor Castor and Pollux. Most of the fights are souped up mooks, and occasionally you fight bigger bosses or LB Chiron (who looks exactly like regular Chiron). There's a lot of fights where the game forces you to take a certain team, one of them where you have to take Chiyome and Mashu against a bunch of Casters. Those suck.

So now we're looking at waiting possibly 6 more months to get the second part of a good LB. It could be that Olympus itself is a bunch of Christmas raids like Solomon and in that case I'll forgive DW, but otherwise it's blatant stretching out of content, and I really don't like that.

7. Solfege

Solfege Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Really pleased to've gotten First Hassan for GSSR. Gambled on cavalry for the larger spread of choices that would've delighted, including Melty, Caster Nero, and Nightingale, despite really wanting Dantes. Did not expect to get my second-desired pick of the whole lot, and after he escaped me on two banners too. Top pull on a total crapshoot, plus fourth Black Grail.

What's the appeal of Hokusai?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  8. Crimson13

Crimson13 Professor

She's laid back and got a more rough & tumble was of speaking in addition to her artwork. I wasn't expect how her voice sounded either and got surprised by that, which I enjoy.

As for the GSSR the only SSR's I don't have are Iskander and Illya, I tried the cavalry banner just on the hope but wasn't expecting anything out of it. Low and behold Illya showed up.

9. Simplicity

Simplicity Third Year

She's pretty damn good in Arts teams and can easily loop, which I suppose if you want to go on the NP spam on anything berserker related is nice. That and a good design / voice like crimson said.

Much like everyone else, I stuck all my cards into Cavalry for the GSSR in hopes of getting another copy of Tamamo or Waver. Instead, I got Ozzy. And a spooking by Mordred. Whoops?

10. MrSam

MrSam Third Year

I just started playing the game and got Heracles and Martha on the initial roll, I want to play completly free to play so I need some friends to
    use theri wavers and other servants, if anyone wants to add me, my id is: 107,365,784

11. Solfege

Name's Colrais. You'll want to take the opportunity of the current 1/2 AP campaign to level your servants up and make an effort to fill in the rest of your support slots.

Got Meltryllis in 28 tix, with an NP2 Ozy and a fourth Fragment of 2030. I do like Hokusai's Great Wave NP but ain't sure about spending.

Which 2020 servants are people planning ahead for, besides Skadi?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
  12. Crimson13

Crimson13 Professor

I'm a collector overall so saying everyone feels like a cop-out, haha. But if I had to say somebody I would say Okita Alter, Murasaki Shikibu, and Ruler Lartoria.

13. Simplicity

Simplicity Third Year

Aside from Skadi? Okita Alter, Summer BB and Arjuna Alter are major ones I'm eyeing up and hopeful for.

In unrelated news, the Da Vinci rerun event has started back up. Brilliant if you're in material hell as it's an infinite lottery. And with it, comes the glorious costume change for Jeanne Alter. Oh yes, I know what the portraits are going on.

14. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Haven't been really playing for a year or so. Tried my hand during the summer event to get Rider Mordred but since I didn't get her, kinda stopped playing again. Now with the mention of the new years free stuff, logged in for that and today got the app notice that Jalter was back. Threw a few summoning tickets at her and for some crazy reason, actually got her in like ten summons, didn't even need to use any quartz.

Not sure if I will stick playing this but kinda want to build my Jalter now, so might dip my toes into FGO again.

15. Mestre

Mestre Professor

Well, I was planning for Tamano, but I already failed again 2 days ago. Now I saving everything for Skadi since I have np2 dantes and a kaleio. I dint want to skip Aquiles but sacrifices must be done for salvation.
    BB and waver are also my targets after Skadi.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I sent you an inv feel free to abuse my bond 10 herc. He can probably solo every boss until Babylonia.

16. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ughhhhhhh. I don't have time for another roulette.

17. Mestre

Mestre Professor

I just discovered that Tamano has two banners before Skadi, RIP me.

18. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Skadi is still 6 months away, right?

19. Solfege

Something like that. Ugh, no time to farm.

20. Simplicity

Simplicity Third Year

Free 4* servant ticket is being distributed later today, for anyone who needs to shore up their roster or wants to improve their already existing 4 stars. Also next social media campaign is giving us 30 quartz if it's met.

New event is upcoming soon and looks pretty interesting; the fatigue mechanic will at least mean I'm not running the same party for easy wipes, although not being able use support servants and by proxy, certain whales (Not looking at anyone in particular here, no siree) for Merlin / MLB Raikou is gonna suck a bit.