1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Upcoming Movies in 2020

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Celestin, Jul 7, 2019.

1. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Pattinson has always been a solid actor. Di Caprio could have been in Twilight and he would've sucked in it. If you want to see more of him, try The Rover. It has Pattinson and Guy Pearce in the main roles, and it's a great movie. Set in Australia after society has been circling the drain for a decade or two.

2. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I mean, I've even seen Kristen 'Pouty frowny face' Stewart be good in other movies.

It goes to show how important a good script and direction is for actors.

I'm genuinely excited to see RPatt's take on Batman. He's already won the award for Best Chin of the lot, lol. By all accounts, Affleck was pretty great, but I've subconsciously steered clear from his movies ever since finding out what a cunt he was /shrug

3. BeastBoy

BeastBoy Seventh Year

I'll be honest I don't think The Lighthouse is a MUST SEE movie as far as art house stuff goes, at least in theaters.

Parasite/Pain & Glory/La Flor/Portrait of a Lady on Fire/Les Mis are what I'd prioritize in theaters above The Lighthouse.

However, I enjoyed Lighthouse. Up to you!

Also I think Twilight is better than people remember. It is wonderful shining melodramatic camp.

4. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    [​IMG]

5. TheWiseTomato

High Score:
    If you watch it as a parody of itself it's fine. Otherwise, no.

6. BeastBoy

BeastBoy Seventh Year

Isn't that what camp is?

watch this fight scene, guys. It's incredible. If we're talking action movies, give me this over Thor: Ragnarok any day of the week

7. pbluekan

pbluekan Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Thor: Ragnarok is camp. It’s deliberately cheesy and ostentatious with an eye towards a parody of itself and the superhero genre in general. Waititi is known for this sort of style of directing and filmmaking.

Twilight isn’t trying to be camp. It isn’t trying for ostentatiousness for the sake of a joke or the overall style of the film. It’s just bad. Bad CGI, bad directing, bad acting, and bad writing. The fact that you think it is a deliberately camp film when it’s billed as an action drama says all you need to about it.

And that action scene was godawful. Like I said, over the top but without the underlying parody to make it funny.

8. TheWiseTomato

High Score:
    Holy shit the fucking snapshots of everyone of note in the last seconds of that clip. Hot damn.

9. BeastBoy

BeastBoy Seventh Year

Man they smuggled decapitations, mind control, and a fissure that fell to the center of the earth into a franchise that started off with a high school romance.

Don't know what else to tell you, it's great cinema. Greater than Hitchcock, even.

10. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Its... awful. Like what? I’ve never seen twilight, but the 3 mins of that clip I watched is more awful than I thought it would be.

11. Trooper

Trooper Death Eater

Okay. So I'm gonna derail this conversation about the Twilight series from wherever it was headed, you can thank me later.

So, I saw both Dr. DoLittle and Bad Boys for life.

Dr. Dolittle is pretty much a classic "kids and family, feel-good" film. You can safely take your family to the film and enjoy a couple of hours. Everything was pretty much what I expected it to be.

Except Robert Downey Jr.'s goddamn English Accent parody. I'll be honest I love his acting. But what was he even going for in there? It felt more like he was deliberately making fun of the English accent more than he was actually talking in it.
    I don't know if its just me, but that felt weird as hell to listen to. I had this confused as fuck face throughout the whole damn movie...

Bad Boys for life is a blast. As long as you read the label and understand what you're getting...
    It is thoroughly entertaining. Pretty much a solid 7/10. If you want to watch a movie this week, any movie, and just spend some time being entertained, I would recommend Bad Boys.

Waiting for the Kingsman movie next week. :)

Also, Fast and Furious 9....

Yo, American people. Control your movie industry. I got bollywood to fuck with physics and laws of nature. Reeeeeeaaallly don't need Hollywood getting in on this turf. Seriously. XD

12. Blorcyn

Blorcyn Chief Warlock DLP Supporter DLP Silver Supporter

@Trooper from the trailer it’s a Welsh accent, I think.

13. BeastBoy

BeastBoy Seventh Year

hate to break it to you but I think The King's Man has been pushed back

14. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Just got back from Parasite, and holy shit it lives up to the hype. If you're at all interested in seeing it, go in as cold as possible though.

15. BeastBoy

BeastBoy Seventh Year

Really serendipitous because someone recommended I read the Simon Armitage translation of Sir Gawain the other day and then this trailer drops. Looks very cool.

16. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Billie Eilish's Bond theme is now live - I really like it

17. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    It is pretty much what you'd expect from a Bond theme now -- last phrase in the chorus is "No Time to Die" (obviously this is the biggest, most important thing), softly spoken (female) artist's voice over a slowly building guitar riff and strings, lyrics about love and how difficult it is, the overall production wouldn't be out of place on an Evanescence album -- but all that said, it wasn't half-bad. I'm a fan of Billie, and she can't do much wrong these days. Plus its freaking James Bond so they could put Weezy on the track and I'm still paying.

18. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

I saw Gretel and Hansel recently and I really liked it. Good focus on magic and horror, very well done.

Billie Eilish is my spirit animal.

19. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Parasite is definitely deserving of Best Picture. Anything that can be said about it would ruin the movie so I can only say you will leave the theater ready to tell everyone about it but also 100% certain you'd be ruining it for them. 10/10 would read subtitles again.

20. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The acting feels ab it stilted, but all in all, still very interested in this.