1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Worst Video Game of All Time?

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Arthellion, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

It also destroyed the video game industry for a generation. So y'know, that was fun.

2. s0ng2Sing

s0ng2Sing Third Year

Superman 64, you couldn't fly down a street without something going wrong.

3. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I don't make a habit of playing bad games... almost ever.

One of the worst ones I've played in recent memory has to be Kingdom Hearts 3 though. I got so annoyed and frustrated with it I eventually just gave up. I remember ranting to Jon about it while playing it, so I had countless thoughts about it, the only positive one being 'The Toy Story world is kinda pretty,' and that's about it.

4. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Every Final Fantasy after 10.

5. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Given this I'm gonna say: LT2000's mom.

6. MrINBN

MrINBN Unspeakable

There was a PC game back in 2002 named Revolution, and it was fucking unplayable. Granted, it was a Fun Labs game, so in retrospect it's unsurprising, but 15 year old me didn't know that and just saw a cool-looking cyberpunk game (not to be confused with a Cyberpunk game).

I say unplayable because somewhere around the 4th or 5th level, someone at Fun Labs forgot to put a trigger to open a door and the game was unbeatable.

7. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I think when it comes to the Great Video Game Crash of 1983, ET was far more a symptom than a cause. After all, there've been plenty of other shitty movie tie-in games since then, and none of them crashed the industry.

8. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

Eh. It was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Essentially, what had happened is that the game industry had entered a period of excessive shovelware, where incredibly shitty games that barely worked (or sometimes just flat-out didn't work at all) were shat out incredibly quickly to capitalize on the emerging market. Even before ET was released, there were signs that the gaming industry was in for a rough time, but nobody cared. They were in a bubble, it couldn't possibly pop!

Then along comes ET, which Atari bet big on, investing millions intro advertising and manufacturing it (and basically nothing on actually developing it). It came out, was total garbage, and the audience at large recoiled in horror, and it lost so much money investors were scared off of video games for over a decade.