1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

D&DLP Campaign

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Antivash, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

Yeah, my bad, I didn't see the date on the post. I'll contact Rayndeon on Discord.

2. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I would definitely be interested in playing! I think I'm in the discord but I've probably muted everything discord because of other channels.

3. Rayndeon

Rayndeon Professor

As promised earlier, the following is a description of the kind of campaign I would be looking to run. Depending on if I get enough interest, I can start working on putting something more concrete together within the next few weeks to look to begin running and will look to start with a Session 0 to get everyone's characters sorted and some groundwork for expectations and rules set down. But, in any case, without any further ado:

The Crimson Sashes - A DLP Dungeons & Dragons Game

[​IMG]
    Story Information:

Premise:
    You are a Copper ranked adventurer of the Crimson Sashes, an adventuring company headquartered in the City of Midnight, Gloomwrought, within the Shadowfell. The Sashes are known throughout the city and the Shadowfell for their exploits and expertise, and with how uniquely positioned Gloomwrought is in the Shadowfell, it's not unusual for Sashes assignments to extend beyond into other planes or even other worlds.

You joined up with them for whatever you reason you may have had: perhaps you needed the coin, maybe you were looking for a shot at glory, or perhaps you thought it would give you a chance to do some good in this world, even if you have to stomach the company's willingness to take on less than moral jobs. Regardless of your reason, you've had a few adventures and made it past probationary status to become a full fledged member alongside your brothers and sisters in the company.

You're at the bottom of the totem pole, but you know you can rise up the ranks just like anyone else. You've just got to be willing to put in the time and the effort, and perhaps in time you'll join the ranks of those legendary Platinum ranked members like Balaren and his crew.

For now, opportunity awaits around every corner, and it's up to you and those in the company you'll be working with to choose to seize it or not. Set your steel or ready your spells, because adventure calls, and it's not waiting around for long.

Concept: The game will feature a sandbox-y Westmarches-lite style game, in which all characters created are Copper ranked members of the Crimson Sashes and will participate in various missions (oneshots) throughout or outside the city, as well as on more involved adventures (multisessions) as well. Advancement through the guild takes place by participating in missions, accruing experience and respect over time. Not all missions will be related to each other, though the city of Gloomwrought will remain a constant, and you're likely to see some NPCs time and time again across missions.

This style of play is designed to accommodate people who are looking for a more potential casual style of play or limited schedules so no one feels pressured or obligated to make every single game. Sessions will run the gamut in style depending on what I feel like running or what people are interested in, from dungeon crawls to political sessions to RP focused sessions to exploration and more. I'll be looking to post a "session menu" each week with potential session ideas for people to vote on / indicate interest in. I'm also more than willing to create sessions for players who proactively wish to engage in certain missions or activities.

There will exist downtime activities for people to perform between adventures, largely drawing from the downtime activities listed in Xanathar's Guide to Everything, as well as some others I'll come up with, and characters will earn a predefined amount of downtime days to spend with each mission participated in.

The closest analogue as to what I can envision I would do with the game would be in the style of Adventurer's League, but without the PHB +1 restriction, to give an idea.

Setting: The general D&D multiverse, but more specifically, the city of Gloomwrought and the Shadowfell at large. Adventures can and will happen within the city itself, as well in regions of the Shadowfell. These will make up a sizeable portion of adventures, but adventures can also take place in different planes of existence or even other worlds (e.g. Realmspace, Oerth, Krynn, Ravnica, Ravenloft, etcetra) should the opportunity arise or call for it.

The Shadowfell is an area of the multiverse that acts a dark echo of the Material Plane, where the sun struggles to shine, where there is a general atmosphere of gloom, where graveyards are more than graveyards, and horrors and creatures of shadow can be found aplenty. Gloomwrought is the most prominent city of the Shadowfell, a sort of hub or nexus for travelers across the planes and worlds, and it is a place of constant intrigue and opportunity.

This is a high magic setting and given its placement in the Shadowfell, it also has strong components of gothic horror as well.

Themes/Tone: The Shadowfell and Gloomwrought in general is not a nice or kind place. The setting and the stories will generally have dark themes, with elements of dark fantasy and horror mixed in with heroic and epic fantasy and urban intrigue and mystery. Lighter elements will exist in the stories however, and every D&D tale has time for the characters to relax and laugh.

Game Information

Rule Set: Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition.

Platform: Sessions will be done generally through voice and on Roll20. I would also be open to doing PBP sessions or scenes in text depending on availability and interest.

Schedule: I live in the US, Central time zone (GMT -6). I'm available Saturday mornings, anytime Sunday, and select Tuesday and Thursday evenings. I'm open to running multiple times a week depending on interest and availability.

Session Duration: I'll be looking to run primarily around 3 - 4 hour long sessions. I'd be willing to do longer for individual sessions depending on interest and availability.

Player Count: Generally, most sessions should involve anywhere between 3 - 6 players at a time depending on availability and interest. I am also willing to do personal missions for smaller groups of 1-2 players as well.

Session Style: Games ran will generally take the form of either a self-contained adventure (oneshots) or adventures that may take multiple sessions to accomplish (multisessions). I am also more than willing to run individual or smaller sessions for players looking to engage in personal missions for their characters and the like.

Character Creation: We'll be using point buy so as to have everyone start off on an even playing field and for a smoother gameplay experience. There'll be plenty of opportunities to make each of your characters your own apart from others.

Character Creation Options: The Player's Handbook along with other official Wizards of the Coast material that has been printed that contains character options will generally be eligible for play, such as Xanathar's Guide to Everything Else, but also options presented in other books like Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes, Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica, Eberron: Rising from the Last War, etcetra. I'll be maintaining a complete "Allowed Content" document to help people know exactly what material is available for use. I'll also be using select Unearthed Arcana, including the Unearthed Arcana: Class Feature Variants for greater customizabizability in character options. With respect to homebrew, I'll potentially be looking to include some material from older editions converted over to 5e, especially shadow magic and dhampirs, but I'll largely be looking to keep to core or official material, though I'll be more than happy to look at something if players are really interested in a homebrew race/class/etcetra.

House Rules: I'll be looking to stick to the vast majority of 5e's rules and design through and through. I do have a few custom rules I'll be utilizing, including some of the options from the DMG such as the Expanded Action options (minus the Mark action) as well as the Fear, Horror, and Madness rules from the DMG. I also have some house rules of mine I'll be using, mostly designed to enhance immersion and roleplay, such as a custom Inspiration system itself inspired by The Burning Wheel RPG that encourages players to roleplay and act with respect to their Ideals, Bonds, Traits, and Flaws. I may also look to adapt a social combat system at some point to try to create a more engaging system for players beyond "Roll a Persuasion check" depending on interest.

Between Games: As mentioned earlier, there will be an extensive downtime system for players to spend earned downtime days on for various activities as listed in Xanathar's Guide to Everything, as well as some other activities I'll lay out in the campaign manual. Just bear in mind that some activities will require an adventure and cannot be accomplished simply by the expenditure of downtime days.

Advancement: Levelling follows the level system as per D&D Fifth Edition. I will be using a form of the checkpoint leveling as per Xanathar's Guide to Everything, in which participation in sessions earns a "tick" towards the next level. Earn enough ticks and you will advance in level. A level up can only be applied once you return to the city of Gloomwrought to internalize the experiences you've gained or at my discretion in longer multisession games. Advancement in levels also corresponds to advancement within the Crimson Sashes: as Copper ranked Sashes, you'll be starting at level 3. Silver rank is available at level 5, Electrum rank at level 11, Gold rank at level 17, and Platinum rank is reserved for level 20.

Player Information & Expectations:

Etiquette: D&D is a group activity that people have together to have a good time. I would ask in the course of that that players respect both myself and other players. This means engaging with each other respectfully, as well as sharing the spotlight in game. I have nothing against profanity at the table and having a good time is of course a part of the game, but please act respectfully with the other participants at the table. This respect should also extend to the session itself—please avoid interrupting myself or the other players where possible and try to leave aside any distractions during the games themselves, such as cellphones or the like.

Besides etiquette in behavior, this also includes respecting the schedule: if you sign up for a session at a given time, the expectation is that you will be present at that time so as to respect everyone's time. If you have any issues making a session you signed up for, please let me know as soon as possible. I will endeavor to my utmost do have the same respect for your time for you.

Communication:
    If you ever have an issue with something, I'd ask that you to please let me know about it so I can work with you to create an enjoyable experience for you and others at the table. I just ask that you please try to save your concerns for either when we go on break or after the session itself so as not to interrupt the flow of the game. If there should come a serious issue at the table, I will step in and pause the game if needed to address the game.

Rulings:
    D&D is a complex game, with lots of subtle rulings arising from disparate interactions. I will be relying on my familiarity with the game rules and official rulings made by Wizards of the Coast (in the form of Sage Advice and the like) to determine rulings at the moment. If I should make a ruling at the moment during a game that you may disagree with, I'd ask you wait until we get on break or after the session to bring it up, and I'll be more than willing to have a think and conversation about it. Unique or specific rulings that arise out of these kinds of situations are something I'll be maintaining in an available document for players to reference for the future.

Metagaming: D&D is a collaborative roleplaying game in which you play characters in a fantastical environment and world. Your characters in this story are just starting to get their feet wet, and will not have encountered every challenge or monster or trap thus far. Please bear that in mind when considering your character's actions or decisions. If you're ever uncertain if your character would know something or not, please ask me.

Party Dynamics:
    D&D is also a cooperative game experience. Some interparty conflict is inevitable and even healthy, fun, and engaging if done well and can enhance the story. What I would ask is for players to be sure that the interparty conflict does not spill over out of character, and when creating characters or considering your character's action, please bear in mind that the characters playable in this story and all other party members are members of the Crimson Sashes.

I will not be restricting alignment, though I would ask players making evil characters or characters with strong ethical codes to keep the cooperative dynamic in mind. The City of Midnight and the Shadowfell is a dark place in general, shot through with moral ambiguity, and the Crimson Sashes are defined by their bond of fellowship and willingness to work together. If you believe your character concept is irreconcilable with this, please consider making a different character.

Game Knowledge: I don't expect or require players to be experts at the ins and outs of the game, and people new to the game are more than welcome at my (virtual) table. I'd be happy to work with anyone who needs help figuring out how to build a character or make a character concept tick. In game, if you ever struggle to articulate what you want your character to do game-wise due to unfamiliarity with the system or the like, just tell me what your character's intent is, and we'll work together to figure it out in game. D&D is ultimately an exercise in structured collaborative roleplaying, and the only limit is our collective imaginations.

Content Warnings: If there is any form of content that you may be uncomfortable with as a player, please let me know. D&D is a game where violence and death are aspects of the game and bad things can happen both to NPCs and characters. I will however never incorporate sexual assault as an element in my stories, nor will it ever happen "on screen." It will exist in universe, but only ever something I will indirectly allude to at best. As for romantic roleplay or the like, that is certainly a possibility in the games, but anything that borders on explicit will be handled via a standard "fade to black."

Logging: Over the course of your adventures, your character will accrue experience, gold, items, story rewards, Inspiration, and more. To this end, I'll be providing people with tools to help keep track of this information, and I'd ask players to keep this up to date.

Trust: As they say, trust is a two-way street, and the game is built on the development of that relationship of trust between the GM and the players. As players and characters, you will be facing dangerous situations and things aren't always as they seem. I am more than open to receiving feedback and working with you to create a mutually enjoyable experience for everyone, and am always looking to improve as a GM.

GM Information:

Tabletop Roleplaying Experience:
    I first got into tabletop roleplaying about 12 years ago, with D&D 3rd edition. I had played through the older Bioware D&D games in the early 2000s, including Baldur's Gate I & II, as well as Neverwinter Nights. I had been fascinated by the games, and even ending up buying the Player's Handbook, Dungeon Master's Guide, and Monster Manual for 3e on sale at a local bookstore, but I didn't get around to a proper tabletop game of D&D until a few years later. I played it, D&D 3.5e, and some of AD&D 2e extensively for a period of 4 years before going on a long hiatus. Then around 4 years ago just after the release of the Curse of Strahd for D&D 5e, I got involved in a game of Curse of Strahd with friends, and I've been extensively playing and GMing D&D 5e since over the last 4 years. In the same period, I have also played and/or GMed for a number of other tabletop games, including FATE, Powered by the Apocalypse and related games, Numenera/Cypher, Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars, the Burning Wheel, Vampire the Masquerade, and others.

GMing Experience:
    I am a relatively recent GM, having only really GMed over the last 4 years, with the vast majority of my experience being in GMing D&D 5e. I have constantly strived to understand the game inside and out and improve my GMing over time, and I have ran several campaigns to completion during that time, including Curse of Strahd on three separate occasions. My time between playing and GMing D&D 5e has been roughly even since I began playing, though I have transitioned more to a GM these days. I wouldn't ask you to expect Matt Mercer, but I am a somewhat experienced GM that is constantly willing to improve and is willing to work with you to help create an enjoyable experience for everyone.

GMing Style:
    I primarily run games in D&D along relatively classic lines in which the players play larger than life characters, the kind of viewpoints which may well change the course of the campaign setting. I run games in the style of Heroic and Epic fantasy, often with elements of Dark Fantasy, Horror, and Intrigue/Mystery. As a GM, I am looking to create worlds for players to immerse themselves in, and I strive to maintain a sense of verisimilitude in the games I run. Player agency and proactivity is a strong component in my games, and players that strive to drive the action and act as opposed to simply reacting are likely to get greater mileage out of the style of games I run.

Also attendant to my commitment to create believable, realistic stories is that I am a strong believer in the game philosophy that "actions have consequences." The general "theme" of my GMing style may well be "choice and consequence"—as players, your characters will often be faced with significant, difficult decisions that can have enormous consequences. I will just about never look to limit your ability to act as you will, and corollary to that, there is the possibility that your character could put themselves in bad or at times even unrecoverable situations depending on their choices.

The setting and the world of this game are dangerous. Gloomwrought, let alone the Shadowfell in general, is a dangerous place where your characters will frequently encounter NPCs and monsters well above their capability to handle them. Not every encounter is intended or designed to be solved or approached by brute force, and not every NPC is intended to be dealt with while your characters are still coming into their own.

The world is not scaled (though the Crimson Sashes generally do a good job of assigning missions within your capabilities to handle!), and there can exist challenges your characters will likely need to avoid or come back to another time. While I will never look to do the proverbial "Rocks fall, and you die" on you and your group, please bear in mind the nature of the world your characters inhabit and carefully consider the choices they make. Keep this in mind before your character decides to raid the mansion of a prominent vampire or lich in the city or the like.

Another core component to my GMing style is rewarding and encouraging engagement with roleplaying, the setting, the NPCs, and character development. Players who make an active effort to play to their characters may find themselves earning Inspiration, and players who create an enjoyable experience at the table by pulling off a clever plan as a group, doing an excellent bit of roelplay, or create a laugh-out-loud moment for the table may likewise.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
  4. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    "We committed genocide, woo!": actual quote by @Mestre at the end of tonight's session. Campaign is going about as well as you'd think...

5. Mestre

Mestre Professor

Don't also forget:

"It is not genocide if it is self-defense"
    "It is not a warcrime because there is no Geneva Convention"

6. lopeck

lopeck Groundskeeper

To be fair, you guys are actually helping and solving a bunch of problems. That you are doing so by questionable means is another thing entirely.

Plus, if there is nobody alive to tell anyone, did you really commit genocide?

7. Shinysavage

High Score:
    So what you're saying is, kill the potentially innocent woman we took prisoner at the end of the session?

8. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

That does sound like an accurate means to maintain the heroic narrative.

9. Nazgoose

Nazgoose The Honky-tonk ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter DLP Gold Supporter

High Score:
    I mean, we allied with a lich in an attempt to be good guys. So this seems perfectly in line with heroic aspirations to me.

10. Paradise

Paradise Paraplegic Dice DLP Supporter

Hey same, except we tried to convince him after burning and cutting both of his arms off, and you know other war crimes stuff

11. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Sounds like a pretty weak lich.

12. lopeck

lopeck Groundskeeper

Probably because it wasn't a Lich. :p

13. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

I said I'd do it, and here it is. This was always meant to be a traditional narrative, but making a campaign of it will make it all that much better.

First Lords and Furies - A Codex Alera D&D Campaign

[​IMG]
    Story Information

Premise: You are a Cursor in service of the Crown, a secret servant to the Realm of Alera that answers only to her First Lord, Gaius Sextus. You are, in all probability, a graduate of the Academy, an institution located in the heart of the Realm's capital, Alera Impera, where young Citizens attend to learn the disciplines of privileged society and master their furycraft.

Furycrafting, of course, is the power that all Alerans have, unique to them out of all other creatures on the face of this world, Carna. Fire, Metal, Earth, Water, Wood, and Wind. These are the six elements that an Aleran can call upon for the various abilities that have allowed them to reign supreme over the continent for centuries. Any given Aleran will have an affinity for at least one type of furycraft. Some will have an affinity for two. Rarely, amongst the Citizenry, some will have affinity for three. Only the Realm's nobility, her High Lords and Ladies, have affinities for every type of furycraft. These masters of the Aleran crafts know only one superior.

The First Lord of Alera. The House of Gaius.

Since the first Aleran legion set foot on Alera's uncharted and hostile shores, and summarily made them their own, the House of Gaius has guided and shaped society as you know it. For centuries they have been the best and brightest of the Realm, passing responsibility for Alera and all her people down from father to son. Until, fifteen years ago today, tragedy struck the Realm.

The Marat, one of several barbarian nations that besiege Alera's borders, invaded the Calderon Valley while the Princeps Gaius Septimus was stationed there with his Crown Legion. They wrought untold destruction and murdered the Princeps in the process, leaving the Realm without its heir. The First Lady, his mother, died soon after of grief. Though the First Lord would re-marry years later, another heir has yet to be produced, and the sentiment across the realm is clear.

The House of Gaius is nearing its end. It died with Gaius Septimus, and all that is left is for the First Lord to give up the ghost and declare one of Alera's High Lords as his heir.

Unless.

You have been informed by the First Lord himself that in the wake of Second Calderon, a narrowly averted repetition of the event that took the Princeps' life fifteen years past, that accounts have been brought forward of a nameless Aleran with incredible control over all six aspects of furycrafting. A boy, tall for his age but perhaps no older than fifteen, that routed the Marat incursion with the help of an opposing barbarian tribe and struck down the enemy with strength no mere Citizen, certainly no mere farm boy, could hope to possess.

He vanished after the conflict and has not been heard from since. You, along with a few other trusted Cursors, are tasked by the First Lord himself with finding this Aleran boy and delivering him to Alera Impera whole and intact.

You are tasked with finding Princeps Gaius Octavian.

Concept: This'll be built on the FATE groundwork, since it seemed to suit my purposes and wasn't overly complicated or over saturated with numbers and dice. This campaign will lean heavily on role play, less on dice and stats, though those will obviously play a part. I'm still learning this system so bare with me.

Aspects, stunts, skills, etc. will be the name of the game. The six furycrafting disciplines will fall under Skills, and the maximum allowance for affinities will be three elements. Having three affinities instead of two will carry a corresponding consequence, or weakness of appropriate severity, same for having two affinities instead of one. If you want to go higher than three affinities you had best have a damn good reason - like, say, your character being a High Lord's bastard. This would of course have its own severe consequences your character would have to deal with in exchange for having multiple affinities.

Such as! Having to conform to the furycrafting teachings of the Citizenry, at least starting out. There is a dichotomy when it comes to furycrafting, a consequence of the setting's inspiration (A lost Roman legion/Pokemon crossover) as well as the disconnect between urban society and the far rural reaches of the steadholts. Out in the wilderness, furies are companions more than anything. Out in the sticks, if you have an affinity for, say, earthcrafting, you might have a companion fury that is an enormous dog made of obsidian and gemstones. This companion is always by your side, and transfers its elemental abilities to you when needed, while also having its own agency. You can have multiple companions if you have multiple affinities, as well as the ability to tame them all.

Citizens, by contrast, view furies as resources. Fuel for their abilities. As such, it is looked down upon to have a discrete companion, and so they instead channel the furycrafting directly from Alera through themselves - instead of having an earth hound that can also give them strength, they draw strength straight from Alera's soil itself. So, taking this example of a player character being a High Lord's bastard, you would lose the ability to have a discrete fury as your companion starting out, in favor of having affinities for most if not all disciplines of furycraft. Though who's to say what could happen as the story progresses.

Each element has its own abilities, strengths, and weaknesses. Here is a brief overview of each. They'll be discussed more in-depth during character creation in Session 0.

Setting: The world Carna, and specifically the continent Alera, as depicted in Jim Butcher's Codex Alera series. A fantasy Roman Empire inhabited by lords and ladies, knights, legionares, steadholders, freemen, and slaves, all of whom can use their races magical furycrafting in some way. Most can use every element to some small degree, which is the basis of the fieldcrafting required in all soldiers of the Legions. The vast majority have one or two elements they specialize in, and so on as explained above.

The Aleran people have destroyed many other races and peoples in their time on Carna, such as the Children of the Sun, to get where they are today. Either driven out of or wiped clean of Alera, the Aleran people have staked their claim on the world through blood and death. As such, Alera's neighboring savages have no love for her people.

[​IMG]

The Marat, to the east. A nation of barbarians that resemble human Alerans in shape, but little else. Their skin is pale, nearly white, no matter the climate. Their skin burns fever hot at all times, and they live their lives with little to no clothing. They mate with the beasts they keep as companions, practice cannibalism and blood orgies before battle, and are generally savage.

[​IMG]

The Icemen, to the north. They've been at war with Alera for as long as she has had a name, or near enough to not matter. They are massive creatures, covered in fur with the long arms and hunched postures of apes. They control the ice and snow that is constant in their part of the continent, though the details of it are hazy. The House of Antillus and the House of Phrygia stand against the Icemen with their six combined legions and the help of the Shieldwall, which spans all of Alera's northern border. They've done so for centuries.

[​IMG]

The Canim, to the west across the sea. Alera has only ever dealt with brief raiding incursions from the Canim, and as such little is known about their capabilities as a nation or their homelands. What is known, however, is threatening enough. The Canim are massive warriors with the stature of men but the bodies of wolves. They fight with steel and blood sorcery, and they regularly inflict far more losses than they incur.

At the moment, Alera's leadership is in a state of uncertainty that it has not been in since its inception. The Princeps' death and the lack of a new heir, along with Gaius Sextus' advancing age, has placed the question of What next? in the minds of Aleran's citizens. That uncertainty paves the way to insurrection. There are many grasping hands, reaching for the leaf laurel that the scions of the House of Gaius have worn upon their heads for centuries.

Thus leading to this campaign's three primary aspects.

The Princeps Lost
    Gaius Septimus could not prevail through the Battle of Calderon, and as such the realm is in peril. Fifteen years later, the First Lord has reason to believe that he had a son before he died, who has now been lost to the confused aftermath of Second Calderon.

Savages at the Gates

Alera has many enemies, on all sides, and they must all be thrown back at every turn. Some are higher priorities than others. Some are more savage than others. However, if the odd resolution to Second Calderon is any indication, perhaps they are not all truly mindless - or even, necessarily, hostile.

Knives in Alera's Back

The Realm is in turmoil following Septimus' death, and there are more than a few conspirators looking to assume the role of First Lord once Sextus has surrendered the throne. By force, if necessary. The House of Gaius is nearing the end of its reign.

Theme/Tone: Codex Alera is a fun romp through a mid-to-high fantasy world, with its darker and lighter points throughout. It never crosses the threshold into truly grim territory, but the stakes are high, and the humor never overshadows that. I'll be trying to strike the same tone in my campaign. If you plan on being a murderhobo, expect there to be an appropriate response from the world at large. You will not be commonplace.

Game Information

Rule Set: FATE

Platform: I've never done this before, so I'm open to doing it through voice chat or by posting, whichever works. There's a FATE dice roller that I'll be using in-browser.

Schedule: I live in Ohio, meaning Eastern GMT -5. My work schedule is in flux right now due to the whole Corona pandemic, but in general a Saturday or Sunday would work best for me, any time, as well as certain week days. I'm free this whole week while I try to get into a quick seasonal job, so if people are interested and also bored of quarantine, we can get started right away. I'm also available for multiple sessions a week if people are into it and we all have time.

Session Duration: No idea. Whatever works best, I suppose. Let's say 3-4 hours, since I'm copying the rest of Rayndeon's template anyway.

Player Count: Based on what I've read of the FATE Core and my own plans for the campaign, I'd say 4-5 if we can get the people for it.

Session Style: You as players have three primary game aspects you're dealing with throughout the campaign as listed above. These can change, be replaced with other concerns, evolve, etc. But there will always be something there as a long-running objective. While you're getting there, I'll throw some side-missions and building plots your way to get you through each session. Some missions will only take one session. Some will take a few. The primary aspects will take the full run of the campaign, or close to it.

Character Creation: I'll be going off the Fate Core rules for this one, and providing my own list of skills and stunts and such during Session 0 for you to choose from. Prior experience with FATE is definitely a plus here, but if you don't have it then we can just muddle through things together.

House Rules: These will come up as we progress I'm sure, but here's the gist of it - I want to tell a banging story with you providing input as one of the key characters. I do not want to fellate you with nice words and big numbers while you meta game my setting and slaughter my NPCs. If I have to tweak some rules to allow for this, I will. Numbers will be involved, but they will not be the primary concern, which is why I went with FATE over D20 or e5.

Anyway, I'm not going to go through the rest of the template because I'm sure you get the gist. I write stuff, never done anything D&D-wise, never DM'd. This is going to be a learning experience for me so you'll have to be patient at certain points, but on the bright side this campaign is essentially just a 1:1 transcription of a Codex Alera story I've wanted to write for years, so I've got plans for it all. I've also read the series a good six or seven times, most recently a week ago, so I've got a strong foundation in the setting if not the role play side of things.

Let me know in the discord channel or here if you're interested so I can make a list and start hammering out the details. Seeya nerds.

14. Mestre

Mestre Professor

Today in Lopeck´s Campaign:

[​IMG]

15. Shinysavage

High Score:
    I will come back, better and stronger - and probably more soulless - than ever.

16. Mestre

Mestre Professor

17. lopeck

lopeck Groundskeeper

I give you a cute frog and the first thing you do is terrify him.

18. Shinysavage

High Score:
    But is that better than genocide or not?

19. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

Of course, regicides are cool whereas genocides are depressing.

20. Nazgoose

Nazgoose The Honky-tonk ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter DLP Gold Supporter

High Score:
    So... Johnny (@ChaosGuy) decided to kill a man at the heavily guarded gates of a city that my character Bilbo really needed to get into ASAP. As a result, Bilbo stabbed Sarkhan (@Antivash) in the back four times for a variety of reasons, stole his pact weapon and ran off. Tylthaenys (@Fenraellis) and Rassan (@Innomine) also ran away, and Johnny and Sarkhan were captured and are awaiting execution.

In response to this we decided to go side questing, so they're gonna sit out the next session since they're sitting in jail with no hope of escape.