1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #3: Desperate times, desperate measures

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vaimes, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Yeah, the lack of ability to go anywhere really wipes out one of the main reasons I haven't gotten a dog :(

2. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

Hi everyone! Excited to be here and meet some new people!

I feel, like, mildly okay about grape because I feel like he might have articulated his vote reason better as mafia. I‘d like him to explain that analogy too because I’m not seeing whatever it is in tom, or like it doesn’t feel more forced than any page 1 observation.

Tom, why the Gemma vote?

Gemma, I don’t think I understand, what is the joke?

fire, do you have any thoughts on people’s thoughts on you? fluff/Umami, same question to you about fire’s entry?

3. Umami

Umami Squib

Thank god

4. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

It reminds me of that one Steven Universe character with blue skin and dyed hair? I don’t know what the name is.

5. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Bismuth.

6. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Hi Keldeo! The joke is I didn't color my vote either, lol.

Um, there are a lot of characters who fit that description.

7. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

Neat, you too can define aggressive. Please continue.
    (Btw, I came up with the Willy Wonka set up while glancing at your avatar and was super upset you didn't play.)

8. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

Sure the windmill is the push that reacting aggressively to Fire's post noteworthy (and people should draw alignment information from it). The Sancho isn't expressed but is the fact that you didn't follow through the line of thinking. You left it dangling for someone else to do for you. And I'm using the analogy because I think it's a pointless line of thinking.

For the moustache twirling you're doing the push (that I'm not scummy for it) yourself.

9. Sloth

Try a basenji. They're the ultimate inside dog while still being cool looking.

10. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

Words...

Windmill is your idea that the reactions to Fire is noteworthy.

Said you were leaving it for Sancho because you didn't push it yourself but left it hanging for someone else to run with.

11. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

That was certainly a grammar, Grape.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh, it was only missing an is. That was a super confusing noun phrase for a second there.

12. Umami

Umami Squib

I don't know, at first I was wondering if he was trying to rush the vote or I was misunderstanding what he was saying--now it just seems like he was stating the obvious? Unless, I'm missing some more complex strategy aspect to it which is very possible. Day 1 is tough so if it was just stating the obvious then that's fine. Could come off as trying to hard to look like he's trying to figure it out when he's scum or could simply just be trying to figure out mechanics as a villager. If it is more complex than what I think it is, let me know

13. Sloth

...I don't think you've read this book.

This is a deviation from your play (in regards to Tom and in general) the last couple of games. Not sure what it means, but probably that you're not aligned? Check back on this later.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Thank god?

14. Umami

Umami Squib

--- Post automerged ---
    Thank god?[/QUOTE]

Don't look it up

15. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Hi friends, people with whom I pursue mutual tolerance, and anyone who hasn't made up their minds yet!

This one's sexier, actually.

16. Sloth

Ah. Right. No further questions.

Is this your first game, btw?

17. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

Apparently the character I was thinking of is Bismuth, but my mental image of her was wrong.

Grape, do you think the leaving it hanging is like, malicious? Or is it more like the lack of follow-through/conclusion? (The latter is something I want to see where it goes etc)

Umami, thanks! I think your understanding is correct. I was actually asking if you had thoughts on what other people posted in response to fire’s post? Or, is there anything else you find particularly noteworthy?

18. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

Yeah, I have to stop posting without proofreading my posts. My consistent typos are getting embarrassing. If I didn't always think in complete sentences it wouldn't be so bad, but if I'm going to word vomit I can at least make it grammatically understandable spew.

@Sloth I haven't read the book but I saw the Wishbone! That counts for something. Also now I'm genuinely curious how does my analogy fail to match the book?

On Tom more generally I think he feels pressured to be more proactive on DLP. I'm finding this actively to be fishy because the two observations are forced, left for others to run with, and over something that doesn't feel particularly noteworthy to me.

19. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Tom, everyone's favorite hit and run read nobody's good at reading.

Grapefruit's push there makes it to the first rung above absolutely null, so that's something. I don't think I either understand it or agree with it in the slightest, but I think I would more if it he was a wolf.

20. Umami

Umami Squib

Nah, this is my 3rd, I just don't play often and, if I ever knew that acronym, I did not retain it