1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #3: Desperate times, desperate measures

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vaimes, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Miner

Miner Order Member

Click the magnifying glass by people's avatar.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I don't think anyone else had a lazy lynch on me. tom maybe, but I'm not going to try reading tom properly d1 and tom more or less self-resolves.
    --- Post automerged ---
    wrt to Grape

See for me, reading that post gave me the opposite reaction.

I don't think that that thought comes from town at all. Like, I feel like as a newer player it's much much easier to get lost in the confusion that is tom as a player and read him as town/scum but then have second thoughts because he likes playing like he has a mafia PM no matter what his actual PM reads. That confusion then translates to those posts. I don't think it takes incredible poise to be under pressure as town, rather I think it takes far more poise to be scum under pressure. Having played scum really early on in my mafia playing days, I know that I was 100x more scared as scum than town, and I read and reread my posts as scum so much more than town. Being town is relaxing, you know that even if you get lynched you give information for everyone else to solve.

This is why I said Umami was too pure to be scum. There's just nothing in her posts that indicated to me that she felt any of that pressure that comes with playing scum (especially for someone that would have been playing her first scum game). Like, I feel like Grape is saying something that would make sense from a scum perspective, but framing it on someone else instead.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Anyways, going to bed. Ping me if you need me.

2. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I did not.

Why do you think i did?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Which scum?
    Which votes?
    Why doesnt miners alignment matter for that?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Ah the classic, lazy, "start a wagon then actively move it somewhere"

3. Osieorb18

Osieorb18 Muggle

Seratin's outrage feels VERY fake.

VOTE: Seratin

4. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Theres a part of me that think this is a pretty decent bead on grape but another part that says this doesnt actually make sense because hes talking about grape building worlds when the quoted post was grape responding directly to keldeos worlds
    --- Post automerged ---
    That is barely the issue with that post tbh

5. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Seeking a replacement for fire.

6. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

That's very plausible; I quoted the post when I noticed it skimming for Miner posts. Still think the read as a whole is solid, though, whether that's a good example of it or not.
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Miner, suggesting that grape is projecting onto umami... just doesn't make sense? It's a bizarre claim and I don't see it. If grape has demonstrated one thing this game it's self-consciousness/awareness, and him suggesting that umami is tmi'ing rather than handling tom like that just because he feels that way himself seems dubious at best.

7. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I mean its fine as a generic read of grape.
    Convince me it applies this game.
    Hint: The don quixote bit doesn't do it since hes already said it was made up to push <thing> which is the opposite
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh missed a merge
    First of all, being town is a thousand times more stressfull than wolfing. Not only do you have to solve a game, you have to worry about getting connected to wolves you dont even know and avoiding getting lynched without partners.
    Its just the worst.

We'll see how umami reacts when she is finally scum, but based on my view of the trajectory of her town play i think shes gonna be just fine.
    Hope she has me or fonti or something as a partner to keep her confident.

~~~~

Have you mentioned grape before?
    "I don't think that that thought comes from town at all." feels pretty strong and i dont remember anything about him from you?

8. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

For some reason the text from posted replies stays in the editing box and I have to re-delete it each time. Getting old. Anyway:
    1) Considering this game is the extent of my experience with grape, I'm glad to hear.
    2) I'm not going to go digging through his posts to find things to justify the relevance of the read because as already established the post I made it towards may not have actually been an expression of what I thought it was in context.
    3) Just because he said it was a reaction test doesn't mean it came out of nowhere, the imagination read still meshes there.
    4) Your point?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also you didn't answer my question earlier wrt cfd hot takes.
    --- Post automerged ---
    You seem to have given up trying to be the hero and have settled for playing the antihero figure. I understand what prompted the first, but why the tonal shift from highly constructive to largely deconstructive in terms of reads and interactions?

Or do you think that's just me reading too much into things or seeing patterns that aren't there?

9. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    You can turn off the rich text editor in settings

You can also just click the floppy disk and "delete draft" before reloading.

~~~

Not sure i have a point. Theres a world where thats a read I <think is true> and <think makes you town for making it> but this isnt really either aorn

10. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

I felt a lot better about the tom who was jovially going after gemma than the mildly sullen tom who pivoted onto the person poking him in the side over the wolf read he'd been selling pretty sincerely earlier in the day.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Cool. Let's move on.

11. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Yes im actively avoiding impact this game for my own reasons.
    Didnt even mean to exert my will at eod no idea how that actually led to an umami lynch.

I have also still not had a strong scumread this game. Even gemma and umami I kind of forced out by looking for trouble, so to speak.
    Townfonti was the read i felt best about.
    Next strongest belief i hold is that my mental alarm bells on m+7 are false alarms but that doesnt actually translate to any read of him at all that isnt "sure ill sheep gh for now"

Unsure if the two are connected. Unsure if that would imply i usually <feel more strongly because i want to push something>

Weeee
    --- Post automerged ---
    Wait who am i pivoting to?
    Did you just call me sincere?

12. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Talk to me about m+. My impression is that the only concern? if you can call it that that I have is he seems a little bit... crowd-pleasing? Like he's playing everything very safely. Could just be style though; are you familiar with him?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Gemma->umami, though maybe i overestimated the weight you put in that first read.

13. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    What i wanted from yesterday was to have some wolfreads in the middle of the pack, maybe get one or two right while everyone else gets the easy wolves and shruggy mislynches out of the way and then i get to be retroactively brilliant when they go deep.

14. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

And what's your d2 retrospective on that plan?

15. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Gonna mostly wait on this til i get at least a starting point to embark upon reading him
    Currently at "gh said town good enough for today"
    --- Post automerged ---
    There may have been flaws

16. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Well, at least I read Fonti right...

Regardless of anything else, it's not really helpful to working with people when you add toxicity like that.

Who do you think are the scum that changed the vote?

As you see above, I've already pointed out my thoughts on Fire. It's not even that he's lazy in pushing Miner, its more like he wanted it to happen while he stayed above that.
    --- Post automerged ---
    If you're trying to be less transparently town to me, it's not working right now.

tom, agreed the outrage in the Seratin post isn't that big in the grand scheme of things. If anything I'm skeptical he comes out with that part as scum just because its so... yeah.

The section about not caring about Miners' alignment on the other hand.

17. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Hi, now say something that hasn't been said by at least two people already this phase.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Better. I don't think I really have a feel for you this game-- what would you say were the most relevant events that happened yesterday and who do you think has received a disproportionate amount of attention, whether small or large? Please feel free to ask me things too, I'm lazy and kinda want leads to go off right now.

18. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Hence the second post since I was in catch-up mode...

But since you're here, do you agree with my thoughts on Fire, and do you have an opinion on Osieorb?

19. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

Sorry about the deadline miss. I have been sleeping in this weekend. Haven't seen a morning.

Anyway Keldeo is still rubbing me the wrong way.

I think I'm pretty happy with town reads on Waco, Cuth, and Tom.

Miner I'm very conflicted about. I think I'm stuck in an OMGUS tunnel because I like of what they are saying about tom (feels annoyed and righteous even if I disagree with it substantively) but the push on me over my Umami case just doesn't make sense. Alas, I'm biased so I'm trying to ignore that part.

20. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

I like your read better than Miner's, that's for sure. Again, without really remembering any of his posts, I think the evidence as stated isn't a great look, but I'm still trying to disentangle that read. Do you think Miner's a villager?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Talk to me about Keldeo?