1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #3: Desperate times, desperate measures

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vaimes, Mar 24, 2020.

1. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

I'm scared.

2. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

No, but I really don't think it's AI.

3. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

So initial thoughts. Given that the D1 wagons were t/t I feel better about Sera-Balt being town. It's strongly in their interest not to immeadiately clear Miner and make that slots outburst make even less sense tactically.

Sorting through the reactions to my flaming bag of an EoD I feel the best about Waco's (of people who aren't otherwise confirmed). Sloth's 1217 feels like a wrong sort of reaction to me, but I may not be able to see past my intentions. Fluff trying to follow Osie and Miner onto me seems like a great look (on top of Tom hard town reading him).

On the general pushes I still think Rhand's shove on Sloth looks solid. I think there is at least 1 scum in the early push on Osie (probably 2) my picks right now would be sloth and Keldeo. I'm starting to be worried that I'm wrong on M+ or Waco because I would have expected scum to try to stay flexible at the EoD.

4. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Looking back at EoD2, if Grape is scum, his actions put a bunch of pressure on himself heading into this phase for little to no gained benefit.

5. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Hold me, Cuth.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Can you give examples?

6. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

My gut is also just screaming that Waco is scum, I really need to ISO there first.

7. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Can you expand a bit wrt Waco, please?

8. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Well, basically Grape wanted more than a lot of others to develop a counterwagon, so he votes a townie-ish read (Sloth) that to be fair did have some potential momentum throughout the day, says he preferred Keldeo but no one joined there (true, he did have his vote there for a bit and no one really did other than the pressure votes), and then at the last second he votes for a townie Miner only to then out him as having the gun over night?

I sense no apparent agenda.

9. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

I really don't think my EoD was as bad as it was made out to be. I'm curious as to why it was seen as so bad. Yes I called it a flaming bag earlier but that was more due to reception than my thoughts on it in a vacuum. I don't know what is so bad about attempting to create a last minute counter and then joining the main wagon when I become the counter.

Someone mentioned I should have done more work trying to make Keldeo happen but I'm not really sure what else I could have done yesterday. I have the winning combination of zero credibility this game and zero charisma to force my reads through without it.
    --- Post automerged ---
    @M Plus 7 Wine is always and option and I'm guessing after the reaction my EoD garnered I doubt I inspired anyone to think I'm a tactical wiz.

10. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

I'm willing to increasingly admit I might have egg on my face about Keldeo unless he really steps the fuck up today.

@Keldeo

We need you.
    --- Post automerged ---
    This is why Waco's post at the end of EOD saying something about his town read of you being gone is bothersome to me at face value.

11. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

So before going back to grab the quotes I really liked his posts for the abject confusion. It felt agendaless and natural if he wasn't following what I was doing. Especially the conviction that I should have convinced more people to follow me. I disagree with it on a tactical level but understand why someone could have that thought. He's just bewildered by what I'm doing.

That said that last post is now making me suspicious with Miner getting the gun. Miner shooting me was probably the most predictable gun result in the entire game. And well that last post flows kind of nicely into egging on that shot and then discounting me as not worth listening to once I'm confirmed. Anyway I think I'm probably the townie most needing to be shot unfortunately. I'd like to think I can clear myself but there just isn't a ton of time to do that and I expect a huge portion of the game to want my head on a platter if Miner shoots another random townie.

12. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

No townie needs to be shot. We need to get this right.

I'll consider your interpretation of Waco otherwise though. He's a tough one to read either way.

13. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

Also I think the deadline is just a bad time for Rhand. He's a Euro so an american evening time is like the middle of the night for him.

14. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Great to know, thank you.

15. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

Well yes not shooting a townie would be ideal, but if there is a missed shot I'm "the best" miss.

16. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

I see your thought process because it would clear you, but any cleared spot would at least be a consolation prize. Your slot needs to be resolved for sure though.

I'm just trying to hype us up right now; I'm not sure if it'll work, but hey, someone has to do it.

17. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

Anyway my current efforts are going to be on Sloth, Keldeo, and Waco. Going to wait for other suspects to post more before diving into them.

18. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

I'm awful at building worlds, but this may not be a bad time to do it.
    --- Post automerged ---
    That sounds great, curious to see what you find.

I'm still trying to dig through EOD to find more takes; I'll naturally share them if I do.

I'd like to start on ISOs tonight but it may have to wait until morning. Either way I'll be around here off and on for the evening at least for interactions and whatever.

19. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

Yeah world building is a good idea and it's why I feel pretty good about Sera-Balt. Teams are hard to build around them. If they are scum they pretty much threw their buddies into the fire with their start of D2.

20. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

[​IMG]
    --- Post automerged ---
    I was working all day today and I really don’t want to read 66 pages.

Send help.