1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #3: Desperate times, desperate measures

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vaimes, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Apart from the read on Rhand, not really. Probably drops Sloth down a little, but I'm more voting there because I think the sloth/rhand pairing needs to get resolved and the sooner the better than that I'm suddenly convinced he's a wolf by behavior-- rhand being confirmed a villager doesn't magically make me agree with him.
    1) I didn't talk about it in specific terms, but I've been arguing with Rhand about it all day
    2) It's not that big of a swing that it makes a huge difference on my perception of grape's alignment, my point here is more that assuming that since grape was the number one suspicion that the wolves were obviously expecting miner to shoot there and that that clears him is absolutely level 0-- I think the argument holds on a large scale (there are probably not multiple wolves in keldeo/grape/sera), but shouldn't be taken much further than that (and giving the gun to someone whose most outspoken wolf read is actually on a wolf is not that risky of a play).
    --- Post automerged ---
    "A series" being... me and cobalt?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Sloth should 100% be the lynch today.
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Keldeo what's your hesitation here?
    --- Post automerged ---
    The way I see it, there's not that much difference inside <cobalt, sloth, waco> in terms of abstract wolfiness, but exactly one of those people is a giant Question Mark because of rhand associations (and if flipping w would make scobalt look a lot more villagery). Waco flipping w... doesn't really do that much, and I'd argue he's looked marginally better overall than sloth. If we are going to have a counterwagon, I'd argue it should be cobalt.

2. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Sorry for vanishing -- my internet is doing wonky shit, so in combination with DLP's wonky shit, this is a bit weird, lol.

Thanks for the response, Sloth.

Cuth, that all makes sense to me. I am willing to counterwagon Serabalt instead tbh.

UNVOTE

VOTE: COBALT

3. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

I mean, I just got done ISOing him and concluding he’s more likely a villager than a wolf, though where I hesitate with that is that I’m probably likely to break town on most people. I think I need more time and to be fully here to evaluate Rhand being town.

I don’t see the perspective slip(?) in that post although the fact that he’s working on a legacy is like, if we mislynch you it’s LYLO and so I’d like... I don’t know, more.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Pragmatically I guess I’m not sure who we can get to go over here if not Sloth?

4. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

:(

5. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

M+, how did you feel about Sloth's response to your "that's never a villager" comment, and do you still feel the same way?

Because I'm confused about the progression of slam down vote and call it obvwolf -> one person parrots that read and that person and another vote after you -> you decide you want to counterwagon and are uneasy as a result of the previous step.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Highlights of that ISO/things that led you to that conclusion?

6. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Sorry Cobalt, nothing personal of course. How do you plan on developing the rest of your reads? I can't imagine being in your position with the daunting task of having to be current on everything, so I actually recommend you don't do catch-up and instead focus on realtime and/or ISOs and/or whatever works best for you in this circumstance.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I still need to get to your Sloth ISO, I'd like to do that because I wanted to ISO him myself. Just remind me if I don't say anything about it soon.

7. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

Mostly playing coy about some conclusions and reasoning in a way where it’s like, does he actually think this will lead to a successful push? Applies mainly to his quite nebulous read on me.

I get the opposite interpretation of this behavior as just not committing to reads / following upon stuff, though.

8. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

I feel a bit more muted on it now, but I still think it's a point even if a minor one. It was really an immediate gut take and intended to just get a wagon going in that direction more than "this person is 100% scum forever" or something, if that makes sense.

I understand why you'd be confused; I'm honestly all over the place right now, and I don't want to get this wrong.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm a bit shaken because I was expecting and hoping for a scum shot, so I feel like the stakes for this lynch just went up quite a large amount, and I don't really have much else other than a nebulous POE of Serabalt/Waco/Sloth, and unless that's the exact team, then I'm seriously wrong somewhere else.

9. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Then how do you feel about this post:

10. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

I think I clear like... MP7/Fluff/Grape over Sloth, though, which leaves Waco/Cobalt/Sloth(/Cuth). I’m not sure if that makes sense.

11. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Sloth hasn't self-voted yet, this is completely unlike his previous town game :p.

12. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

I didn't like it, it felt more like scum hopping onto town than anything, at least as a gut reaction. But I realize that anything is possible with it, including bussing.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Talk to me more about Cuth if you don't mind.

13. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Yeah that's pretty much what I'm focusing on right now.

14. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Yeah it sucks that the shot missed, but I'm not too worried? We have two lynches, and I think there are enough connections/alignments between the rest of the players that once we hit the rest should be pretty straightforward (shy of some GOAT wolf play).

15. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Hadn't responded to this still, sorry.

More so the latter, like it felt like you were all trying to game solve in different ways and genuinely trying to feel it all out together.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I wish I had the same feeling, lol, my anxiety went way up. Part of my brain agrees with you though.

16. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

How do these two look specifically better If sloth flips w?

17. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

I talked about Cuth in I think #1501. Feels fine, I didn’t look at him in depth.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Sorry, “over Sloth” meant I think they’re villagerier than him. I think they’ve both posted stuff today that at a reach could be not w/w though.

18. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Sorry, could you rephrase that thought then? I'm confused by the "clearing over sloth"/leaving sloth in the second list.

19. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

Specifically, the aggression in MP7’s vote post feels a bit exposing (although he backed off it), and similarly Fluff’s jokey post is like, if I stretch this it could be not w/w.

I agree with your Grape/Sloth not w/w thoughts, Cuth.
    --- Post automerged ---
    That was an attempt to, in the abstract / purely reads and not associations based, clear three people besides myself to make a four-person POE. You’re in parentheses because I’m talking about the team of three not entirely making sense to me, but I‘d need to go back to check interactions.

20. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

I can't help but feel Waco's placement of Keldeo at the bottom of his list reads like trying to push Keldeo as a mislynch than anything else, but I'm also biased. Almost all of that read though is just because (1) Keldeo was transparent with his EoD waffling and (2) Waco can't trace Keldeo's read of fire, which ???
    --- Post automerged ---
    Got it, thanks, just read that actually. Haha.