1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #3: Desperate times, desperate measures

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vaimes, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Are you serious? If I was a wolf, the game would have been over already.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Serious talk-- all other things aside, I don't see how you can believe that I, as a wolf, decide to hard bus both of my partners EoD3 before voting Sloth at the end there.

2. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

Rereading EoD3 is what convinced me it was possible. There was significantly more momentum against the Sloth/Waco pairing than I remembered (from Rhand, Keldeo, M+, and Miner before dying). You weren't as instrumental as I thought. And your vote could have been an effort to help you reach the end game given the pair of Waco/Sloth was in trouble.

It's not proof or anything but it's where my gut is at. (plus it let's me sheep MTGS'ers from the grave).

3. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Serious talk-- all other things aside, I don't see how you can believe that I, as a wolf, decide to hard bus both of my partners EoD3 before voting Sloth at the end there.
    What end game? If I don't vote there, there's a no lynch, we no lynch in MYLO, and cobalt gets MLed in lylo.

4. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Yes I am. Humor me.

5. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Well, that's mildly comforting.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Hello?

6. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Oh lol I didn't actually read the part before your question. Kill me now.

7. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

I incline towards thinking a wolf wouldn't accuse me of literal gamethrowing if he understand the mechanics, but at the same time grape wasn't around during that EoD and maybe it was just a Waco thing/not heavily discussed? idk

Fluff, where are you at in general?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh that makes me feel better lol.

8. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Not actually sure atm. Super conflicted.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Currently drowning in wine over whether grape would have killed Keldeo over you.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Currently drowning in wine over whether grape would have killed Keldeo over you.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Fuck you DLP

9. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

Are we talking about different days?

10. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

D3? When I switched from Waco to Sloth at the last minute when waco tried to unvote and force a no lynch?

...Are we talking about different games?

11. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

Like if that's your case it's even more true for Fluff who was the third vote on Cobalt.

12. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

What are you even talking about?

13. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

@Cuthalion I guess I must be scum then because Fluff did the same thing just not as dramatically. They voted Sloth with about 10 minutes left. They easily could have stayed on Waco.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I was trying to figure out if you meant the next day. But like you voting Sloth when you did isn't a particularly better look than Fluff doing the same about 10 minutes before you did.

14. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Look. D3 miner shot rhand and died. Rhand, cobalt, and I pushed strongly for sloth being the lynch that day. A few minutes to EoD I switched over to Waco because M+ preferred that lynch and I thought both were good. I then switched back to Sloth with a few seconds to go once it looked like there weren't going to be enough votes to Waco, happening to xpost with waco unvoting to try to get a no lynch. If I don't vote there, there's no lynch. If I'm a wolf, I don't vote there because it's literally an auto-win if that play works because it means I'd need exactly one mislynch and Cobalt would still be alive in lylo.
    --- Post automerged ---
    They're entirely different things. One's voting a wolf, the other is denying the wolves the possibility to win with one ML instead of two.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Is this why I'm alive instead of Keldeo right now?

15. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

Right but Fluff did basically the same thing that you did in only voting Sloth about 10 minutes before the deadl
    This is what I'm talking about. Yes they were already voting Sloth and yes it was later explained to be a joke because April fools made them think that vote was Sloth but the principle is the same.

I'd been clearing you over that vote for ages but Fluff had basically the same opportunity as you.

Also Cobalt wasn't just an auto win in the 4 person Mylo after Waco fell.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Let's say that goes through and they save Sloth.

Rhand dies and the next day we kill Waco. M+ dies and then we kill Sloth. Then Keldeo dies and we have us 3 plus cobalt and that's not even close to an auto win for you as scum.

16. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

1) They're not even the same at all? Fluff didn't cross-post with waco's unvote. If fluff is a wolf he basically just sat around watching this all happen, but if I was a wolf I deliberately sabotaged the strategy that means I need one fewer mislynch to win. Did you think Rhand and all the others saying I was lock clear were doing it just because I happened to switch back to sloth after being on that wagon ever since miner's shot? Seriously?

2) How would it not be? Did you notice any resistance whatsoever to the Cobalt lynch yesterday?

17. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

Fluff was uninterested in it (pushing Keldeo) and I was into but by so little that I have no effort. It was led by you and Keldeo and without Keldeo around it's just you and sort of me.
    --- Post automerged ---
    As for Fluff it's not the same but it's not that different. If the plan was for Waco to unvote Fluff voting Sloth first with about 30 minutes to go and again without about 10 is kind of playing against that too.
    --- Post automerged ---
    And again I was clearing you for that shot too. But you're still alive in a final 3 and Fluff didn't overly look like scum to me in ISO'ing him. And you're sitting here talking to me like I'm town when you should probably be scum reading me if you were town. So like I'm pretty focused on you pending more ISO's of Sloth and Waco.

18. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

A few things:

They literally could not be more different, and I don't know what you're on about. Fluff voted Sloth. I voted Sloth. Waco tried to unvote at EoD. I made a vote that happened to result in a lynch there when a no lynch means the wolves would have needed one fewer mislynch. You're a) saying I did that so that I could endgame, which is nonsense, because like I said I'd already have endgamed at this point, b) saying that well it was basically the same as fluff's vote, which is dumb, and c) implying that my chances as a wolf would somehow be better lynching sloth there and then winning in f3 after securing a mislynch of cobalt than if I just didn't vote and was automatically in f4 with you, fluff, and cobalt, which is ludicrous. The reason I wasn't coming down strong either way at the start of the day was because I wanted to see fluff post in this environment and take the opportunity to read both of the people I had as very confident town reads until yesterday with new eyes. Up until last night, I was actually tempted to vote Fluff because I'd expected wolf!you to come into this phase trying hard to get one of me/fluff to vote the other out of paranoia, but you didn't take that line, and Fluff was just randomly defensive and wasn't actually doing much and I was starting to question the meta-read. But this is ridiculous. If you're actually a villager who's just being incredibly obtuse about what went on midgame then I'm sorry, but I think it's more likely that you're just a wolf trying to swing the vote over onto me at the last minute and get fluff to vote me out of paranoia despite literally everything indicating that that is, in fact, not the case.

Either way, whichever of you is the wolf, serious props for making it to f3 and being villagery all game, it's been fun.

vote: Grapefruit21

19. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

hmmmm.

20. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Oh good.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Waco's shuffling around on his teammate at EoD, before grape calls him villagery for it and waco walks back his suspicion as well the next day.
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Fluffiness looking back on this with the mechanical knowledge that grape's a wolf (unless you're slowrolling), I concede that you were right and I was wrong, at no point did either waco or sloth really threaten grape with a lynch or vice versa-- osie was probably going to get lynched either way that EoD2 and most of the pushes were just sort of retracted/walked back slightly after some period of time.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm curious how much of that was miscommunication vs actual strategic interaction, because their interactions are all over the place that EoD in particular.