1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #3: Desperate times, desperate measures

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vaimes, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

Cool!

Vote: Cuthalion
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Fluffiness I'm here if you need anything.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I just want to say I'm sorry Cuth because you were very villagery but this is serious CFTWR energy (and if I'm being honest it probably was bad reasoning but it helped get me there).

2. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Where is everyone?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Ah hi grape.

3. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

So Fluff as you know Cuth is very comfortable using unconventional last minute voting strategies (see Nebula in MCU) so him coming up with the actually so insane it's awesome plan of having Waco last minute unvote seems entirely possible. Even if the plan was for him to vote and grab the credit. It's possible the whole thing was a miscommunication as well but Cuth has the guile to try and pull something like that off.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yeah my timezone isn't ideal but I'm around now and will be here through EoD.

4. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Ugh, decisions. I hate making decisions.

5. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

@Fluffiness

Grape is continuing to insist that I would have purposefully come up with a strategy where I'd have to get an extra lynch to win, as a wolf, on purpose, based on the team strategy we played in MCU where I basically outed to keep you alive, which meant we'd need to get fewer lynches to win.
    --- Post automerged ---
    And then when I'm naturally a bit tilted by someone literally accusing me of gamethrowing he says I'm just mad because cftwr. There's no way he really believes this, he's just desperately trying to persuade you to paranoia-lynch me.

6. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

I mean based on your reaction I'm very open to it having been accidental. But the basic point is it wasn't as clearing as Cuth has been claiming.
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Fluffiness to me once I decided the vote wasn't clearing the most indicative part of Cuth's ISO was his posts right after Miner shot Rhand. Miner had said that the team was either Rhand/Keld or Waco/Sloth and Rhand was pushing the Waco/Sloth pairing as well.

7. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Your story has changed, like, four times.
    --- Post automerged ---
    What, the bit where I insisted we lynch Sloth despite that not at all being a general consensus?

8. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

Here was Cuth's preflip reads list.
    Then here is his first bunch of posts after Miner's shot. His view just doesn't change. There isn't any reevaluation. His top scum read flipping town doesn't phaze him at all. He also randomly starts shading me for something that isn't impacted by the flip when he was town reading me beforehand (see the wall).

9. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Grape has done nothing but push villagers and read wolves town all game.

10. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

That is not factual at all. Sloth was pretty much the consensus at that stage. There was some wavering when he made a wall against Keldeo but before that he was absolutely the consensus choice and pegged as buddies with Waco.

As for my pushing villagers and town reading wolves, it's because I'm actually not good at this game. But I'm pushing a wolf now!

11. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Yes, and I explained it at the time. I sort the game by who's most villagery. The PoE at that point was <waco/sloth/rhand/serabalt/grape>, and I wasn't going to consider anyone outside of the PoE unless there was good reason to based on flips. Rhand's being cleared v meant sloth was very probably w, but not that much beyond that. I don't see why you think that shot would change my reads much-- it did very little to shift anyone else's poe in the game at the time.

12. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

That last quote in particular is telling. It isn't a consistent town thought of someone who supposedly drove the wagon on Sloth despite town disinterest. He talks about needing to solve Sloth/Rhand after Rhand has just flipped town. He talks about them being a dichotomy but had them as his two top scum reads. And basically doesn't blink when Rhand flips town.

13. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

No, it really wasn't. The flip landed, M+ made his always wolf comment, cobalt piggybacked, and then I came in. M+ then walked back, and keldeo and others weren't really taking stances on the issue, M+ wanted a counterwagon, I was literally arguing with people that sloth should always be the lynch there, and i only switched off, to waco, at the end because M+ thought he was more likely a wolf and it made sense from a worlds perspective.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also what "shading"? I was arguing that given how outspoken Miner was about you being his top wolfread that giving you the gun would still be pretty safe, and in fact safer for you than for the other people (keld/sera) in his poe, because there's always wine.
    --- Post automerged ---
    You make it sound like everyone's PoEs were just shifting around except for me, but that definitely wasn't the case for basically anyone, the general outlook on the game was about the same afterwards as it was before.

14. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

Here is something Cuth never really keep up as a read. This got dropped like a hot potato once Waco and Sloth flipped.

And what I was looking for. Evidence of other people driving the Waco/Sloth wagon.

15. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

You're just being straight up slimy about what happened. This is something that came up several times in thread. M+/Keld/I agreed, as a group, when we were building teams around various people, on several alignments/unalignments (keldeo originally brought that one up i think), and then i cited it later in that post, keldeo asked about it, we realized none of us could remember why we'd made that read.

16. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

17. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Leaving aside the sheer pointlessness of just quoting random readslists, rhand then said I was lock clear from the EoD.

18. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Can each of you make a concise case as to why the other is scum?

19. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

You can't just say "omg because this villager read this other villager w on d3 he's obviously a wolf" and then say "i think this is not clearing when literally every flipped villager including that one i was citing said it was".

20. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Lazy votal:

Cuth (1): Grape
    Grape (1): Cuth

Abstaining: Fluff

You have about an hour.