1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Everything Else II: Not As Good As The Original

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by MonkeyEpoxy, Jun 11, 2020.

1. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

[​IMG]

2. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The games were a bit meh. The vid felt padded, but at least we got a lot of gameplay.

Horizon is the only one that looked breathtaking

Some other cool looking games:

Another interesting thing I'm seeing overlooked a lot of that gta online is free with every ps5. That's very, very curious.

There might have also been a 2d furry looking Life is Strange game in the middle there. I refuse to believe that wasn't a fever dream.

3. Mister Ferro

Mister Ferro High Inquisitor

Looks to be a Dino high school slice of life game set before the asteroid hits.

4. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I'm sorry but where is my God of War sequel?

5. Gengar

High Score:
    It's too soon. Game just came out relatively. Horizon isn't even imminent, it's just the one of the Big Boiz that's probably the closest. I suspect 2021.

Does anyone actually know what that Spider man game is exactly?

6. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

A lot of it seems like a wishlist. Nemesis and 3 years of content plus a year as an auror? I would love it, but I just don’t see them dont see them doing that.

Especially the years- I think we’ll get the full 5th year and maaaaaaaaaaaybe we’ll get a time jump to graduation. I just don’t see them including three years of content, unless they’re selling 6 and 7 as DLC. That could just be me being cynical.

Though on Nemesis- why do more games not use that system? Seems like a pretty easy way to add something fun in terms of story telling.

7. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

8. Viewtiful

Viewtiful Groundskeeper

Aside from Demon's Souls remake, I'm really interested in Returnal (awful name) and Death Loop. The former looks like it has potential to be a really trippy story-driven exploration game, almost like the Outer Wilds, and the later looks like more Dishonored which is great.

9. Gengar

High Score:
    Insomniac have since confirmed it's a standalone game. So I'm guessing something to the effect of Uncharted: Lost Legacy or Infamous: First Light. More the latter, because I doubt we'll be visiting any new parts of NY, but NY looks like it's in winter now. I'd love to play it and replay Spiderman along with the DLC I never touched on PS5.

That being said, I haven't been able to stop thinking about Kena: Bridge of Spirits. It reminds me so much of Okami (3DZelda style of adventure game, added with returning 'life' to the world with her juju and eastern fantasy) and the art is just gorgeous. If the game turns out even just decent, Sony should absolutely snatch up that studio. They're apparently an animation studio and this is their first game, so that's a big caveat and one reason to be wary, but I'm still super hyped for it.

10. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

11. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Apparently AT&T wants to sell WB Games. I'm unsure if it will be a good thing or bad for their franchises. On one hand, they had their studios to work on DC Comics and HP games. On the other in last few years it didn't work that well considering a very long break since the last Batman game.

12. Gengar

High Score:
    What does that even mean? The IP still stays with WB, no? Sure, you get Rocksteady and a few other notable studios... but who's gonna pay the price I saw quoted for that?

13. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

The price is surprising. The studios are valuable, but you can't even be sure that people will continue work for them and that's where their value is. They're probably including exclusive rights to make DC Comics games and probably HP games for some time. I would say that even ten years is possible considering how long it takes to make a game and how much money it can make for them.

That or Mortal Kombat, which probably is franchise that will be sold with its studio, is a lot more valuable than I expected.

14. Gengar

High Score:
    Yeah, they have three studios of note. Rocksteady, Monolith and NetherRealms. Four billion though? You're having a fucking laugh. Mojang went for two and a half - yes, it was six years ago, but it came with Minecraft. Sony paid 100m for Insomniac.

Assume it comes with all the rights to make WB games. What does that bring of note? Mortal Kombat I assume sells the most on average, DC games and LOTR. Yes, it comes with HP too, but we don't even know how well that would sell really, despite how thirsty we all are for it. I think LEGO stuff is the only other one of consequence?

Maybe Microsoft is tempted at a more reasonable price to lock down DC... but I dunno man, I just don't see it.

15. Teyrn

Teyrn Order Member

Star Wars Squadrons has me cautiously excited. Has EA finally learned it's lesson...?

16. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

17. MonkeyEpoxy

I second the guffaws, but I'm willing to hope we've finally gotten an X-Wing/Starfighter/Jedi Starfighter worthy successor. Not enough to spend actual money, mind you, but some tiny sliver of hope.

18. Gengar

High Score:
    I haven't played Battlefront 2, ever, but apparently it's in a pretty good state now?

They're the ones making Squadrons afaik.

Honestly, I give so little a shit about the SW property right now that unless it's a Mando game, I don't think I care.

19. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

Yeah, I'm pretty much in the "wait until a week after release, see what all the reviews and buzz says, and then maybe consider buying it". I'm very much intrigued by the idea, but I don't have much faith EA will deliver.

20. MonkeyEpoxy

Honestly, a Jedi Starfighter successor with a modern engine on modern consoles could be incredible. It's on PC too. Maybe it ends up being on an adaptable engine so we can have mods.

Also, it's released native to VR and HOTAS controls and I can't fucking lie, it'd be incredible to play it in VR with a joystick thrustmaster (lel).

Watch it end up having a compelling story to its multiplayer. I have fond memories of flying as Master Adi Gallia in Jedi Starfighter - as well as flying as Rhys in its direct prequel in the defense of Naboo.

Also, a comparison to the old x-wing vs what we got in the trailer...

[​IMG]

Goddamn you EA. I'm getting hype as fuck

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020