1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

JoaT^2 15er - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Dels?

2. Wiisp

Wiisp Muggle

I think the disconnect between his vote and not even uttering Rubicon's name is + wolf equity for at least 100 posts. I didn't even see an explanation for his vote anywhere in his ISO. Maybe he can clear this up though, but I need to wait for his response.

Now I will ask the same question, What do you think of Dels? If you want you can also tell me what you think of Gemma's vote and Waco's vote on me.

3. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

No real opinion. He's in a similar place to Para in my mind, funnily enough.

I think Gemma's vote is understandable, if not incredibly polite, and I think she's more often villager than not. I don't really care for Waco's if you're town.

4. Wiisp

Wiisp Muggle

Maybe! There is a part of me that believes that she could actually believe I am a wolf for this "nonsense", but I need her to clarify what this nonsense is first. Still, I kinda believe the latter half of that post from her was really unnecessary

5. Wiisp

Wiisp Muggle

I don't really know how to read Gemma, and I can't remember much of her from any of the games I played with her!

6. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

vote waco kid

7. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I think you typoed Wisp.

8. Wiisp

Wiisp Muggle

Seems like my internet has gone out, guess that's my queue to go to sleep! I'll be on later today after I wake up and have my coffee

9. Wiisp

Wiisp Muggle

Answer my questions, and what is your problem with me.

10. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Yo wisp why are you like this?

11. Wiisp

Wiisp Muggle

Like what?

12. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I have ~5 reads and you arent even one of them

13. Wiisp

Wiisp Muggle

I don't think I was that unreasonable until people ju
    So, talk to me about them? And what do you mean I am not one of them? Aren't you voting me?

14. Wiisp

Wiisp Muggle

Woops my deleted draft resurfaced at the top of that post, you can just ignore it!

15. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Wisp what do you think you got wagoned for?

Because im pretty sure i know and by your response im pretty sure you dont

16. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

@Cuthalion @fontisian if you're interested, walk me through the thought process Rubicon is having here as town by voicing his Vaimes read only within a hypothetical world where Vaimes has a different meta than he does. Regardless of what his Vaimes read is, what does the flow look like as his read on Vaimes interacts with his knowledge of Vaimes' meta and what's going on in his head as he realizes the conflict between the two and moves ahead with the read anyway?

17. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Uh, I think you're not really interpreted what Rubicon said correctly. He's working under the assumption that Vaimes' scumgame doesn't suck, because he was told conflicting information and decided to go with the safer bet. He's not framing it as a "hypothetical world," these are just Rubicon's thoughts.

18. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

That makes sense, thanks.

19. Dels

Dels Muggle

Good morning!

I'm liking Cuth a lot more over the last 24 hours. I liked Cuth's response to Gemma in 276 . She's asked him why Rubi looks bad for sidestepping her question, but his response is basically "Actually, I agree with Rubi". I think scum is a lot more likely to give an appeasing answer, this was the opposite. If you're wolf, it can only serve to make the question-asker wary of you. In the second paragraph he tries to work with it and he basically says the same thing I already said., while I think scum would try to give a more uniqe one. I've also liked Cuth's interactions with Wisp, I feel his points make sense, but also that he is genuinely trying to work with Wisp. (321, 415)

@Cuthalion Can you explain why you townread Rubi?

Wisp is... playing exactly like I play when I am scum. The tone stuff is awkward, this has been covered. I've seen scum on here use the "I'm adapting to the grammar rules, that's what's making me feel off" defense before. That said, I don't feel this is just a tone case. Some legit mindset issues have been pointed out. The 343 belief that people wanted him to post more is... no one said that. His view on Fonti changing from a wolfread to a townread because she's pushing him, I find hard to accept. (358) Quite frankly, I think a townie is much more likely to OMGUS, especially someone in Wisp's situation where he'd already be "on edge". Particularly, I think 406 trying to expand on Fonti looks like a word salad. Uh, I had more posts noted but this paragraph is long enough and I don't think anyone's missing Wisp stuff. Point being, I think it's a good vote and likely a good elimination.

Other thoughts:

- I liked TerRaine having the same thought on Cuth as me in 270 . You could say she's copying me, but she voted him before my post and idk I don't view this as just blatantly bandwagoning off of me

- I think Gemma is just, not w/v with Wisp for how she voted him. It was very harsh. I have trouble believing that harshness comes from knowing you're voting an innocent townie. W/w is uhhhhhhhh possible??? but I guess I'm just saying I think Gemma is town. I liked how she played detective with the Rubi thing too, directing others to question him then doing it herself

- I am actually getting slight pings from Vaimes. I'm not used to Vaimes liking my posts >_> This is the stupidest thing to read someone on because it's blaming him for being nice to me lmao but I felt it so I'm saying it because if he's a wolf it'd totally explain it. Also noting 313 feels like a bit of a drive-by on Wisp while others cased him harder or felt more invested in him.

20. Dels

Dels Muggle

Response to Wisp's questions/accusation to me in 392 and 422 :

I voted Rubi because I felt something was off about their initial posts and the way they went after Gemma. I, uh, wasn't sure exactly what it was. This is why I asked Cobalt about it 'cause I thought he felt similarly and perhaps his reasons could help me, but, uh, it doesn't look like he's had time to play the game. But to put my finger on it now, I didn't like the timing of Rubi's Gemma vote? It felt like... he should've either voted her earlier, or that it just... I dunno, something felt weird about the way he placed the vote at the end of 71. Like he felt he had to after asking those questions, for the progression to make sense.

I will also say I don't think this is a good reason to vote me. But. I'm biased lol. But I just don't think that not giving a reason for a vote is scummy. If anything, scum generally make sure to justify their progressions. I voted Rubi 'cause I felt it like it, was a feeling vote. I didn't wanna talk about it 'cause I didn't have anything concrete to say and wanted to see more.