1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

JoaT^2 15er - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Ampharos

Ampharos Muggle

Mm, pages seem to be loading at a reasonable pace now. Might be back to just my upload speed being throttled. We take those.

2. Ampharos

Ampharos Muggle

Hrm.

Someone talk to me about Waco in a meta sense.

3. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

That's fair, lol.

I'm assuming these are your fully caught up reads? Can you talk about the Ter stuff more?

Also, maybe talk about Cobalt, since you seem so unsure about him.

Also, also, what sold you on tom being town?

Alsox3, if you remember the game Dels was talking about, why did you awkwardly omgus and how was your vote on tom different here?

Alsox4, talk more about the Cuth read?

4. Ampharos

Ampharos Muggle

I guess something to note is that I've never seen her wolfgame before.

5. Dels

Dels Muggle

I also don't think Amy doesn't care about her reads. I think she maybe isn't trying to push her reads, though she generally doesn't do that much, but she's putting them into the thread with this attitude of "i'm solving the game here" from her perspective of an outsider catching up. Amy was being very spec chat warrior-y recently, staying up all night with Voxx reading games and doing ISOs and stuff, and the way she's handling giving reads this game feels in line with that.

6. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

He gets misyeeted a lot.

7. Dels

Dels Muggle

Keep in mind I'm not vetoing Amy from Reg's list. I don't think I'm voting Cobalt or Amy today but if I was certain, I'd tell you. This is just me giving you my opinion. This is all still stuff she can theoretically fake.

8. Dels

Dels Muggle

Because in that game I'm pretty sure the votes were for a totally fair reason and the omgus was entirely because she was scum and wanted to fight back. In this case, I can understand why she'd want to vote tom for saying something totally untrue about her playstyle.

9. Dels

Dels Muggle

i'm not really wanting to say "omgusing is a scumtell for amy" though, but it's the thing giving me the most paranoia that i could just be wrong.

10. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I mean I'm a little surprised you have a read of any strength on Amy because I feel like she hasn't been here or done anything.

11. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I feel like Jarizok gets caught for this kind of thing relatively frequently though? He doesn’t really have any real impetus behind his posts other than “I must enter the thread and establish myself now! Hello fellow townies!” Which is classic w Jarizok so like.

Given the fact that he’s done pretty much nothing else he’s landed right in my scumreads.

For solidarity with others seeing the light w/r/t Font:

Unvote
    Vote: Fontisian

I still would like more people to evaluate Tom though. It bothers me that nobody is really seeing what I’m seeing there.

12. Ampharos

Ampharos Muggle

"Fully caught up" funny joke. My net's been on the fritz like... all day.

I also kinda... didn't wanna waste more time existing solely in the past, given multiple people expressed concern that I was making myself hard to read by doing so. Prefer to be able to townclear myself TYVM, I'll figure out a way to fill myself in on past events... eventually.

-----

I'll pull some Ter posts that gave me bad feelings, give me a moment.

-----

Lemme take a raincheck on Cobalt because I wanna go over him with fresh eyes.

-----

I... barely remember the game Dels is talking about, mostly because I was super burned-out when it happened (was my 5th consecutive wolfrand) and got dunked D1. I would ASSUME it was just me desperately scrabbling to look like I had anything resembling thoughts, but I'd have to refresh my memory of the vote in question for sure.

Actually. Dels was it Zack that I OMGUSed? I think I maybe remember this lmao. Yeah that was definitely intended to be like an intentional against-the-grain sort of read to give me cover for not having any actual thoughts.

I like to imagine my vote on tom was different here because I'm actually town! But more to the point I thought tom's case on me was legitimately kinda bullshit (and I mean it's still wrong) and thought that, if he was a wolf, it would be a good spot to at the very least dunk me into the perma-PoE given my impression of the nature of this site's meta.

I think what swung me around to a townread-type thing here was a combination of "I'm starting to think he legitimately believes the things he's saying" and the fact that tom thinking that me being consensus-y is wolfy is something that village!tom has done quite recently. I agreed with the take that he feels somewhat alone in the thread, and in hindsight I don't actually know if w!tom would bother going after me so hard at EoD1 when there's no real way I'm gonna be a viable wagon that day.

-----

I've got Cuth's entrance noted down as having what appeared to be legitimate scumhunting intent. I know a couple of people early were suspicious of him saying "yo it's too early to tr Sloth" and viewed it as a way to like deny towncred, but I actually thought the way he went about it made it look like he was legitimately trying to get a read on Sloth's alignment. I also thought the way Cuth handled Wisp didn't feel like a wolf handling a villager - at least on the pages that I read.

Plus I know Cuth pretty damn well, though it's been about a year since we've played together and I don't think he's ever wolfed against me. I'd LIKE to think that I'd be able to tell if something were off tonally, and I'm not picking anything up in that department.

13. Ampharos

Ampharos Muggle

Honestly OMGUS is a problem I have regardless of alignment, unless the person pushing me is like. Super hyper obviously a villager.

14. Ampharos

Ampharos Muggle

I-

Lovely.

How should I go about sorting out whether or not I should be yeeting him, then?

15. Dels

Dels Muggle

it's less of a strong townread and more of a strong "i don't see the case". gun to head i take her as town right now though after working through my thoughts.

16. Ampharos

Ampharos Muggle

Dels and I played together fairly recently and in general have played together a fair bit/know each other fairly well. I'm honestly not surprised that he thinks he can read me (even though I agree with your assessment of how much I've been here, heh).

17. Dels

Dels Muggle

I mean. There's at least 3 of us that see it.

18. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Unvote, Vote: Fontisian

Dels/Amy not W/W.
    Amy/Fonti not W/W.

19. Dels

Dels Muggle

I think I'm going to need a crash course on how people can feel "alone in the thread" after this game, because come to think of it I'm not sure I've ever used that read or understood it.

20. Ampharos

Ampharos Muggle

OK, so I'm remembering more of why I disliked Ter now that I'm looking at this ISO. It's not necessarily that her posts themselves are bad but there's a lot of... negative space, where I would expect her to be doing something and she isn't.

Take this, for example:

This is a response to someone asking why she voted Cuthalion. As a disclaimer, I don't know Ter super well, but in my limited experience with her I would expect her stance on Cuth to be... quite well-known, and for her to be pursuing it quite a bit more doggedly than she was here. Her earlygame is a whole lot of sitting back and playing reactively - which is decidedly NOT what I expect out of her towngame.

Maybe I'm off in my meta assessment (and someone please tell me if I am), but she feels cagey, and it feels bad, and I'm sorry that I don't actually have a read on Jarizok but I've unironically read more of Ter's posts than Jari's.