1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

JoaT^2 15er - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

I am also here, just gathering a Cobalt wall.

2. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I'm quaking in my boots.

3. Jarizok

All is as it should be :D

4. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Yeah, you're totally not attempting to dodge my point at all. You were right there at the start of the Wisp wagon. Saw it take off, at which point you were involved to multiple other wagons with minor/no real reasons, but only ones where other people voted/used reason to give you cover, and then you bailed on those each time they got momentum. It was literally everything you could do to make it look. like you were doing things so you would be visibly against the Wisp wagon, while torpedoing those wagons when they gained momentum, hence allowing a misyeet.

Thats 3 times now you've been dismissive and dishonest regarding my posts. Kindly get yeeted, I'm done with you

5. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

@Rubicon Twice I've asked you about your Sloth read and you've ignored me...

6. Jarizok

Rubicon goes from ‘actually sounds pretty good’ to ‘seems villagery’ to ‘appears to be coming from a really genuine place’ in the space of 1 post.

Followed by #619 and the bandwagoning of Wisp, who got no mention in the catchup post.

‘I agree with Rubicon except not on the AI part of this post’ Weird wordy way to say ‘don’t think #244 is AI’.

The tom quote is also a question mark. That’s hardly a ‘bizarre’ post coming from tom. It’s a continuation of the tom suspicion for that ‘thought it was a Cobalt post but turned out to be Cuth’ thing though, so could just be some tunneling.

End of the catch up. Reading back from the end of the ISO and it sticks out just how Static Cobalt’s reads have been this game. tom/Fonti and later Jari = bad, Rubi/Sloth and later Reg = good.

Noteworthy that Fonti was still solidly town here, though I’ll grant that it’s D1. Dels and Cuth are also higher than Sloth though I don’t really recall Cobalt talking about them much? Wasn’t my focus here either though so mighta just read past it.

The justification for the Wisp vote. Feels a bit corner cutty, but I realize that that’s my PoV here rn.

Reads very different from what Cobalt just stated were his reasons like 6 in-thread posts up, but sure.

End day 1

Thread enty D2, then an hour later

Where’s the righteous fire of indignation regarding Fonti gone?

Comes back with

@Cobalt This kind of post except with some reasons why you’re town instead of why you’re not scum is all I asked of you. You seem willing enough to do it unprompted here, so why was me asking you for it so terrible?

So the Fonti scumread is gone all of a sudden, becos of Gemma, who last we saw was in his bottom 3?

Back to playing defense all the way.

Votes tom here like he stated earlier he wanted to do. Seems like a pretty static read to me. Could have voted tom the first time.

Again, @Cobalt you backed off of Fonti because of Gemma, but you don’t townread Gemma? Vaimes Rubi Dels just stuck as top towns, if Cobalt’s been looking to shore those reads up at all than I’ve missed it.

Compare this reaction to Reg and Cobalt’s reaction to my question. Quite a tonal difference there. One I think is most easily explained by the fact that I’m much more lynchable than Reg is. Maybe that’s just me though.

More appeasement of Reg. Like, just @Cuthalion here for the games instead of talking how that might be necessary? This is just for show and very obviously so :/.

I’m scum 2 posts in.

Back to the Fonti scumread, no new insights, doesn’t mind the fact he never heard back from Gemma, who he still hasn’t said he actually townreads, just floating the yeet.

Gemma finally responds

I get that Gemma’s response isn’t really inviting here, but really? Gemma’s read on Fonti is the one reason Cobalt’s given for turning away from pushing Fonti, which itself came about as 100% OMGUS (Fonti was his third highest villager in his first readslist). Cobalt seems very reluctant to push Fonti for all that he’s been posturing about being the one to call her out.

This little back and forth with Fonti is straight up weird. Softball-y on both sides tbh.

What do people make of those couple of posts, #1242 to #1248? @fontisian @Gemma @Vaimes @Regfan @Cuthalion?

This is such a sidestep. Like, tom says Cobalt can’t keep his story straight, Cobalt parries with ‘I caught you once and lol static reads’.

Response to Vaimes in response to Font and Gemma being Cobalt’s pings, immediately followed by

Not mentioning me initially is whatever, I hadn’t really done much, though I was already scum from 2 posts, but the Amy mention comes from out of far left. No mentions of an Amy read anywhere in Cobalt’s ISO leading up to this. The last time he mentioned Amy at all (ctrl f in his ISO disclaimer, may have been hidden in a big post but I don’t think so) is

That’s not even really about Amy. What are you thoughts on Amy/Fonti worlds? @Cobalt?

I’d say this is a pretty shallow read of me, but the dodging of responsibility for the Fonti vote bothers me more. Fonti and tom are Cobalt’s only real pushes apart from Wisp and some shade at me, and still the vote comes about as a ‘solidarity’ vote?

Some justification for the Fonti vote after the fact. Seems unnecessary, people were probably already aware you’re scum reading her and this is hardly going to convince anyone, but sure.

Some empty reads.

Why the fuck would you ever WANT to believe someone? Like, is Reg just that town to Cobalt? Fits the appeasement of Reg we’ve seen so far though.

Probably shouldn’t be a townies primary concern when defending a townread.

And then the back and forth with me to close out the ISO.

tl;dr:
    -Cobalt's reads are extremely static. The one read that really changed at all from his initial readslist is Fonti. Like, those early townreads are just absolutely nailed and he never even really discusses them at all. Rubi, Dels, Sloth, Vaimes, Waco a lil bit, Reg later on, Gemma??? The question marks are there because he treats her as if she's toptown, but in readslist and Gemma specific parts in his reads she's scumlean to null?
    -Cobalt really wants to lynch Fonti. And then he doesn't. And then he votes her, but for the sake of solidarity.. This goes for the scumreads on tom and myself as well. They're supposedly very strong but there's basically nothing backing them and none of them really seem worth the trouble of pushing at all.

7. Jarizok

I have to go to the gym so leaving it here to simmer for an hour and a bit, I'll be back.

8. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Tried writing something up, but all that was coming out was word soup. Not in a fantastic headspace right now, going to take a few steps back from the thread, don't know how much I'll be around the rest of the day, sorry everyone.

9. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Unvote

Take care of yourself, Cuth. I'd appreciate if you could do something, but I understand if you can't.

10. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

I disagree

This pretty much.

Pretty close to setting and forgetting Gemma as town at this point. She's just made so many points that make sense for me. While I've never had a ton of luck reading her(?), enough people who can seem to agree that its a thing.

11. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Jarizok is townier than Cobalt.

Change my mind.

12. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

These sentences are in the same post and I have a problem with that, because Cobalt is most definitely not doing the underlined. He's had one (1) scumread for the ENTIRE game, and tom is the easiest zero-accountability push of the whole playerlist.

13. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

If Jarizok/Cobalt is w/v and Cobalt is just so scummy that I can't accurately see it then I guess that's just how the cookie crumbles, but right now I'm siding with Jarizok.

14. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Oh im definitely being dismissive. Its an extremely shit push, which multiple people other than me have told you...

Im just dismissing it as towny, which is the more important part

15. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Yeah, fair point.

Vote: Cobalt

And we're back where we started.

16. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

fontisian (4): Sloth, Vaimes, Dels, Cobalt
    Jarizok (2): Rubicon, Amy
    Cuth (2): Gemma, Regfan
    Cobalt (1): fontisian
    Amy (1): tom
    Tom (1): Waco
    Sloth (1): Jarizok

17. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

uhhh who am I missing

Cuth? It's Cuth.

18. Jarizok

Im back. And I’m still voting Sloth apparently :p

Vote Cobalt

19. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Unvote, vote Cobalt

If this wagon falls apart, I'm going straight back to fontisian.

20. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

Unlike Cobalt/Fonti, this could easily be distancing.
    Like, super easily. What's with this conclusion, friend?

SEND PICS OF YOUR CAT.