1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

JoaT^2 15er - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

tom is off in his own world and I think that's villagery, unless the wagons are all v.

2. Dels

Dels Muggle

Don't do this to me Fonti

3. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I did get banned for shitposting here once because it wasn’t capitalized and punctuated.

4. Ampharos

Ampharos Muggle

lol

5. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Interesting
    Im
    Well have to talk more tomorrow or something i dont see "trying to shift things" and " having an agenda" as different things in any way

6. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

7. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I think they are/might be

8. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Stop posting.

9. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

Time.

10. Ampharos

Ampharos Muggle

I think "having an agenda" implies motive beyond "wanting X person dead for being a wolf" to most people.

11. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Day Two Ends!

You gather around Jarizok and yeet him out a window.

Jarizok has been eliminated!

He was:

Vanilla Town

Day End Vote Count:
    Jarizok (#): People
    Other People (#): Other people

With 13 alive it's 7 to yeet, and 10 to defenestrate

(Will edit VC shortly)

Night Two Ends in 24 hours.​

12. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Day Three Begins!

You gather. No one is dead. Odd.

No one has died in the night!

Livelist:
    Ampharos (r. Paratroopa)
    Cobalt
    Cuthalion
    Dels
    Fontisian
    Gemma
    Regfan (r. Fluffiness)
    Rubicon
    Sloth
    The Waco Kid
    Tom
    Vaimes

With 12 alive it's 7 to yeet, 10 to defenestrate.

Day Ends in 48 hours.

13. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    EoD yesterday is tilting for so many reasons, Jarizok stuff. The switches to Jarizok stuff that came out of nowhere and was really not needed, Sloth stuff, Cobalt stuff, Dels stuff, this whole 'second towncore' stuff and the fact that everyone who was doing that just hasn't been playing the game even remotely correctly -- if you doubt town reads in the towncore you talk about them, why you think they might be wrong, why you think they might be mafia. If you disagree with the PoE you say why, not just lump yourselves and vote together. You don't just doubtcast, or disagree with reads and thoughts just because you're one of the people suspected, or think that because you're suspected it nullifies or weakens the reads or reasoning people have on others. Doing that just turns it into a game of +2-3 extra scum players. And people doing that while flat out just lying about or not reading what my and other players reads actually are is just even more tilting. People constantly talking about me having Waco/Tom as town were clearly not reading at all, or people saying "PoE is wrong" while not even knowing or looking for what the PoE actually is.....some of the dumbest shit I've ever seen.

I'm just going to not be the same player anymore, there's just too many people in this that I don't want to interact or talk with much at all. I'll vote, I'll post a list of my reads, and explain where my heads at, or if any of my reads change. But I'm enforcing a 10 posts per day phase I'm alive rule, where I won't ever go over that unless it's to change a vote at EoD. It's just how it's going to have to be, I'm spent and out of patience and if I don't do this it'll just be me posting lots of angry gifs and I don't want to get to that.

[Fontisian, Vaimes, Sloth, Rubicon, Gemma] are still all town, nothing changes that. If I'm ever wrong on a read there it's maybe Rubicon but I really don't think I am; lot of genuine scumhunting and thought process stuff in the game from him, and EoD yesterday had that feeling of 'scum feel trapped and boxed in' that you get when they're all in the PoE. If anyone actually thinks Rubicon is mafia rather than just 'not thinking he doesn't belong in the towncore' that I'd like to hear, but that's not what I was getting or hearing yesterday from people.

That means there's still 3 scum in [Cuth, Cobalt, Amy, Waco, Dels, Tom]

----

Cuth still needs to die today, I'm not going to be able to reassess here, there's just too much that points to him being mafia and I need his flip for complete confirmation that the EoD was W/V which I'm fairly sure it is, and that will confirm that scum are/were attempting to powerwolf. Him coming in near EoD and voting Jarizok, putting him down as one of his strongest scum reads when it was a Jarizok/him wagon type situation is just incredibly scum motivated, and the fact that when doing so he'd actually not read/noticed Jarizoks case on Cobalt just shows he's not really reading the thread/game to a level where he's trying to get a proper read on the slot or game. It's not just "missing Jarizoks case on Cobalt" as in the individual post, there was a lot that came from that post that led to a discussion in the game like Cobalts defence/response to it, Amys commentary on the case from Jarizok, Fonti and myself talking about Jarizok being a weak town read from it. Like it's just.....not really him there trying to think deeply about Jarizoks alignment at all.

Think Town!Cuth reads and recognises both Fonti/myself saying that we have weak town reads on Jarizok and looks into it properly there worrying that it's v/v wagons, but there was just not much of that from him. I said it yesterday and Dels was like "uh, not the impression I got" but it felt like he was minimising the amount he had to actually talk or say about players in the PoE -- He didn't really talk much about what Jarizoks case actually did for his Cobalt read, no real Amy thoughts despite the scum read there. The "Amy would buss Jarizok there because Jarizoks not endgaming as scum" type stance is just a lazy way to look at it, and just focuses on the action without looking at /how/ it's done. I also don't think he peaces out as a possible mslynch as town the way he did there, there'd be more like 'trust x/y/z' or 'you guys should look more at rubicon for x/y/z' or just Something.

Only thing that gives me any hesitation at all with him being mafia is the lack of JOAT claim there, think optimal move is to fake claim JOAT and make claims happen to be lynched. That said I don't think he'd have been able to justify a lot of his earlier posting as a "JOAT claim", and by fake claiming what Cobalt says happens where JOAT claims tomorrow with a guilty on him via tracking and we'd be able to do a "Everyone vote Cuth, JOAT only claims if they've got a clearance on him / couldn't check him" type thing anyway so it's mostly just a weak irrelevant type thing.

@fontisian/@Gemma/@Rubicon - If any of you think I'm wrong on Cuth here at all, I'd appreciate pinging me and letting me know. Just pretty much going to treat you three as brainstrust now.

----

It's still a case of "Find a confident townie in Cobalt/Amy/Waco/Dels/Tom" and then can afford to lynch the rest, and I'm leaning towards that townie being Cobalt and/or Amy at the moment. I will look more into these two later if I'm alive and if I'm wrong on either of Cuth/Tom, or if any of my actual strong town reads have a strong scum read on either I'd like to hear it too. Or if you've locked someone else there as town that helps too.

Toms movement from Cuth to Jarizok and his play around that EoD looks especially scum motivated both in Cuth!Scum and Cuth!Town worlds (Definitely to a stronger degree in the former in that I think that's the scum team making their move to try and win this at F7 type thing. Like a "oh we've got some townies that are just very very wrong, we can go for the win now type thing.) The vote on Jarizok from him and his comment post hammer of thinking that the wagons might be v/v is just not a comment that flows there, and doesn't fit with the game and thread state at the time or the fact that it seemed like Jarizok was just scum claiming there, it felt sort of TMI'ing Jarizoks alignment post hammer.

Toms also a very wagonimics type player that loves putting his reads coloured onto wagons and saying thoughts and things based on them (He did this with Wisp D1, and he's done it dozens of times before) but yesterday he didn't do this at all, he had a scum team guess/reads of Cobalt/Dels/Amy -- three people voting Jarizok, one/two of them who were much more vocal in pushing Jarizok through. Town!Tom never just votes and sheeps with his reads/scum team guess there, it's just him doing it as mafia because he realises that Jarizok is a yeet he needs as scum, and doing it there/then is a much easier time then trying to fight Fonti/myself to get it through later. I've never really got a strong or any real town read on Tom this game, and almost always do when he's town, I think he just needs to die this game as well.

----

I'm actually looking and considering Cuth/Tom/Dels, Cuth/Tom/Waco as maybe the two more probable scum teams. Maybe more Cuth/Tom/Waco than Cuth/Tom/Dels in a sense of I can see Toms switching being a case of knowing that Wacos come back online and planning to vote Jarizok and realising they had the numbers to turn the tide. I kind of want it to be Cuth/Tom/Dels more then it's probably likely in a "I don't want Dels to be town anymore after how yesterday played out" type way which means I should just stop talking about them and you should just let Fontisian and others make the call on them and teams that involve them a bit more since I'm clearly not capable of reading Dels objectively now.

This needs to be Cuth -> Tom lynches and if they're both scum like I think focus mostly in Waco/Dels, if I'm wrong on one look at Cobalt/Amy more too.

@Cobalt - You vote Cuth with me today, and then when he flips mafia I'll vote Tom with you tomorrow. You owe me this after yesterday.
    @Sloth - Same with you here.

Vote: Cuth

---

I have guesses as to what happened during the night but think better I keep them to myself.

14. Dels

Dels Muggle

Nice. Good job, joat.

15. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Some good news.

Do JOATs claim protections in this setup?

16. Dels

Dels Muggle

I'm not a hypocrite, Reg. I'll vote Cuth today.

Vote: Cuthalion

17. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I cannot even begin to fathom how incomprehensibly dumb I feel.

Whatever. Moving on.

18. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

@Regfan I have to say I’m a bit surprised that you didn’t power dunk me right off the bat. I look super shitty after that EoD, even more so if Cuth winds up flipping wolf.

That being said, I think we definitely do need his flip. I wasn’t the only impetus behind the Jarizok wagon, and if it turns out Jarizok/Cuth wagons were v/w it’ll be very telling.

I’m with you for whatever you wanna do today Reg. I’ll vote Cuth if that’s the consensus. I just won’t place my vote down just yet.

19. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

@fontisian

The most frustrating part about yesterDay and the whole “Jarizok’s cases are supposed to be 80% bullshit that’s just Jarizok” is that you were right.

The next most frustrating part is that Jarizok is the absolute least helpful villager I’ve ever met when he’s being wagoned.

Dramatic sigh.

20. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Okay but like, I definitely wasn’t alone, almost everyone felt like it was w/w wagons because of Jarizok’s reactions. Just putting that out there.