1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

JoaT^2 15er - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Dels

Dels Muggle

Part of that is just that I've gotten lazy too and I really wanted to just get a) the amy/tom flip and theoretically b) the scan from a JOAT tonight, before trying to decide anything else. If the JOAT scans Waco that just completely saves us the effort of trying to read into Waco right now, and we'd still have another 48 hours to discuss it if needed, hence why I didn't have a desire to discuss much today when I'm set on a course of action.

2. Dels

Dels Muggle

Also just everything everyone else has said. Tom's WIM is high but I've seen this dance before, I've seen scum who know they are going down but just stick to outputting massive amounts of posts and trying to brute force people off of them. The key is to read into the things you can read into. It's not about his WIM, it's about Amy's claim making more sense, and the points tom is choosing to focus on feeling like the ones he would as a scum, whether it's "why am i in trouble for X reason i don't think i should've been" or focusing so much on the Waco thing. Like, the argument of "Waco as scum wouldn't have defended cuth" or w/e, it's wifom first of all and secondly who knows what Waco would do if he was w/w with Cuth yesterday? Yeah sure he might go for the bus as scum, or he might just continue to pretend to be open-minded, not even for wifom but just because he feels like that's what he'd do as town. It's not the worst point for debating Waco's allignment but not enough to go with this "Waco never scum" legacy.

3. Ampharos

Ampharos Muggle

I'll say that if Vaimes is the last wolf, halfway defending tom is a really bad strategy. WIFOM's obviously in play because neither tom nor I are endgaming and they're going to have to be painfully conscious of spew, but like. Idk I feel like if I'm the nonclaiming wolf in that situation I'd probably go full refuge in audacity and try to hard defend my partner? Either that or hellbus. Point is half-assing it is a bad look and I don't see that being the natural inclination for a wolf to fake.

Plus I'm kind of also a sucker for AtE LOL. I feel you Vaimes, shit's rough.

4. Dels

Dels Muggle

I will say I think Waco makes more sense with Amy than with tom. Just on the very level 1 fact that Waco's been going after tom all game and tom has been pretty feisty in return. But, I mean, sure, distancing can be a thing and if I'm in final 3 with waco and some townread that wouldn't stop me from probably yeeting him. I don't recall Waco/Amy having anything ruling it out and I don't think anyone else has mentioned anything?

That's not really enough to change my needle obviously, but if it makes people wanna go for the yeet-outside-plan just in case, then sure. Except the yeet-outside plan would yeet waco aorn anyway which I guess makes it moot, so nevermind?

5. Ampharos

Ampharos Muggle

Talk to me more about Rubi? I feel like Cuth's antispew readslist actually looks kinda decent for him? With the obvious caveat of antispew but like. Still.

6. Dels

Dels Muggle

I've already posted more than I wanted to and my stance basically hasn't changed from "i want tom but if people wanna yeet outside that's fine too i guess whatever"

If I'm completely wrong and this is just laziness I will apologize later

7. Ampharos

Ampharos Muggle

Or I mean don't I guess. I can rot. It's cool.

8. Dels

Dels Muggle

I don't really have anything major to say about Rubi. Reg is confirmed town. Sloth is confirmed town. Gemma I just would never believe is a wolf. Reg has officially handed down a "never Fonti" which means that's what I'm going with except maybe until final 3. That leaves Cobalt, Rubi, Waco, Vaimes. Cobalt is still echoing my thoughts every time he posts and I'm standing by that townread. Vaimes, like, maybe? I dunno, I got off the Vaimes train day 2 and have felt fine about it since then. I admit Reg is right he hasn't necessarily been very impactful or had many thoughts on Cuth/tom/Amy but like Vaimes said, "Reg took over and I got lazy", I can buy it. It's true that Vaimes has often felt like he's been giving sideline commentary on popular wagons. But, I dunno. Still likely just town. I guess I agree with Reg on the yeets to win the game being waco/rubi/vaimes/cobalt but my order would be Rubi -> Waco -> Vaimes and then Cobalt 4th iiiiiif the game isn't over after those 3. I just have reasons to townread Vaimes and Waco and I don't for Rubi. I've thought Rubi has been fine but I have no reason I can say "Here's why Rubi can't be scum" and I don't recall Rubi having any particularly clearing interactions with Cuth or tom (or you) either.

9. Dels

Dels Muggle

Also tom I want to be clear this has nothing to do with your playstyle, for me. I haven't been one of the people this game saying "you need to do X so we can find you as town". I'm fully supportive of people playing however they choose to play and I said this yesterday but everyone in this game has given enough to read them on, including you. If I've gotten the wrong read, that just means I played badly, and I'm the one at fault.

10. Ampharos

Ampharos Muggle

Is your TR of Waco entirely based on the antilign w/ tom or is there something more to it?

11. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Yeah let's just maj Tom.

Dels probably town actually, still dies this game for PoE stuff, but I'd look at others before him.

12. Dels

Dels Muggle

Yes, and no but yes.

Beyond just Waco/Tom seeming unaligned for distancing/bussing, the reason I've felt good all game about Waco has been because I liked Waco's push on tom. That's what got Waco entry into the "towncore" with Cobalt and Sloth, because I felt like those people were correctly reading tom scum and were all having the same opinions on it, mostly independently of each other.

There also may have been a bit of a factor of me thinking the wagon on Waco day 1 was bad, I didn't like any of the reasons for it and that sort of made me want to see Waco as town. This is a dangerous read though and I can throw it out.

Ultimately I guess bussing isn't an impossible thing, scum do it all the time, so like, yeah, maybe he chose to bus, especially if others were already on tom's case. This is why I'm kind of like "whatever" on if people wanna yeet Waco today, because the more we talk about it the more I'm like, sure, maybe the evidence isn't that strong and I could just be wrong. If nothing changes by tomorrow, I'll try and take a look and see exactly when Waco's push on tom started and if it was after Cobalt and Sloth had already been on it.

13. Dels

Dels Muggle

But again this is why I don't really wanna discuss it today because if we somehow get a tom!v amy!w flip and/or if we get a scan on waco, these posts are entirely useless and we just wasted time, energy, and posts discussing stuff that will not matter anymore

14. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I could easily see a world where I've been wrong on Rubicom and a Tom-Rubicon pairing being the case, think it fits how they've both played today as well.

Shrug

15. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

That’s a boring ass read; you should ISO me and

16. Rubicon

and give a better one.

17. Rubicon

This post sounds probably unaligned with Tom.

18. Rubicon

I feel like it’s just Cuth/Tom/Waco.

Especially since Waco is suspiciously nowhere to be found right now.

19. Ampharos

Ampharos Muggle

Well I can at least say that Dels's read on Waco seems consistent with what I'd expect out of v!Dels, given that reasoning. Question's just whether or not I agree.

I think part of the question becomes "when did Waco start this tom push?" Because if it was before Cuth started catching heat I can see tom being a bus in order to send Cuth and Waco deep, but I don't know if that narrative makes a ton of sense if Cuth was in the PoE when it started happening? Cause at that point you're basically banking on Waco winning in F3, and like no offense but I feel like that probably never happens lol.

So the answer to "do I tr Waco" is "I have no idea because my timeline of events in this game is all screwy".

20. Dels

Dels Muggle

I'm not ISOing anyone today but likely tomorrow I'll try to ISO Rubi/Waco/Vaimes depending on results.