1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

JoaT^2 15er - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jul 7, 2020.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Quiet awoo.

2. fontisian

I think a lot of Dels' bad reads and votes this game can be explained by him trying to work with Amy and being negatively influenced there.

3. Dels

Dels Muggle

Ouch.

4. fontisian

(Look at your votes, Dels. They do not look good.)

5. Dels

Dels Muggle

I had a shower thought too btw but you won't like it.

Where did this whole Cobalt/Dels thing come from?

Yes, we sort of mutually arrived at similar reads and sort of townread each other eventually?

But it wasn't that big of a thing. Like. I was voting Cobalt for half of day 2, by PoE. When he asked for me to defend him near EoD2 I hadn't even really stated a strong read on him.

After that, it become a bit more of a thing, but even then it's hard to say if either Cobalt or I started it, because I don't even remember who gave a townread on the other first. Once people called it a thing, we became more linked because we had to, but.

My shower thought was "Was it a wolf who started creating the narrative of the Cobalt/Dels pairing?" Which they would do to create the idea that "Well one of them must be a wolf pocketing the other", and also to try and shut down their townreads of each other.

If someone is that wolf... it'd be Fonti? She's the one who talked about it the most and keeps being like "Oh Cobalt always gets pocketed by a wolf". Is that a set up to make people distrust me / yeet me in the future? I don't think Waco or Vaimes really ever brought it up much.

But this is just tinfoil and I'm reading Fonti as town right now so, shelving it. But if we get to nightmare final 3, I will think about this.

6. Dels

Dels Muggle

(Thank you I realize this)

7. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I don't really need extra reasons to townread Dels, but I could see it.

8. Dels

Dels Muggle

Oh my god Amy's ISO is 6 pages

Cuth's was like two

9. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

There's a Cobalt/Dels pairing?

10. fontisian

Uh, I'm pretty sure I was the one calling you two not w/w Day 2, because Cobalt called out to you. And I noted that it felt like that came out if nowhere, though I guess Cobalt had a better idea of who was townreading him than I did. And it was part of my reasoning for wanting to yeet Cuth over Cobalt.

I don't think I talked about you/Cobalt at all after the joat claim, since that meant the not w/w read didn't matter, until a few hours ago?

11. Dels

Dels Muggle

Yes? We've both been townreading each other for a while now and have been talked about as a pair. Including by you?

12. Dels

Dels Muggle

Uh. I'm getting the sense people were thrown off by my use of the word "pairing". Oops.

I didn't mean a w/w pairing, I just meant a pair of two people linked together in the game.

I don't think Cobalt and I are a w/w pair. =P

13. Dels

Dels Muggle

I mean I will say that's part of what I liked about Cobalt asking me there. Because I... think you're right, I hadn't really stated much of a townread on him? I was voting him for a while. I unvoted eventually and said I didn't like the wagon anymore but I don't think I said much more than that. Internally, I was thinking he was town at the time, but I didn't say it much. But he seemed to get a sense of it anyway, which I liked because it made it feel like he was understanding me.

...I guess that could be a pocket when I word it like that, but even then it'd be bold of him to call me to come to his defense there if he's a wolf.

14. fontisian

I guess my concern is 1. Cobalt is mafia, and I'm townreading partially because Dels is, but Dels is townreading him because he's felt lile he has to ans has been forced into it. 2. Dels is scum, and leaned into defending Cobalt because he knows Cobalt is an easy pocket, and will probably get misyeeted anyway, and eben if he doesn't Dels cam bring him to final 3. Basically, it's what askthepizzaguy tried to do with fluff when he was alting as Ghouliani a while back. I don't think either of those worlds are particularly likely, because it's probably just Vaimes, and I feel like my townread on Cobalt is mostly independent of Dels' (even if it's not as locked as I would like) and Dels himself doesn't feel like he's trying to push other town down, he's just trying to lift some people up.

15. fontisian

I mean, I don't think scum!Cobalt is as likely to pick up that kind of unstated townread, because he's expecting to get scunread.

16. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Oh, you mean my comment earlier today? That was just a passing remark that doesn't mean anything. If I've mentioned you together before it's probably just because you were occupying a similar space in my reads for a while.

17. fontisian

Also, I've been thinking about you two in relation to each other, but I don't think I've talked about it before now. So, I don't think that sense you're getting is coming from me.

18. Dels

Dels Muggle

I've put my reasons out today for townreading Cobalt and they're not in any way a "Trust me on this" so I'd rather people just either agree with my reasons or tell me why they're wrong, rather than "follow" me on it. Not that I think you are doing that.

19. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

No, I knew how you meant it.

20. Dels

Dels Muggle

I... This doesn't vibe with my recollections. But it was a shower thought and I don't really need to keep talking about it.