1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

JoaT^2 15er - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jul 7, 2020.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Cobalt, can you talk about why you're so certain on Dels? Like, really just lay out your whole thought process.

2. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Like, let's talk ourselves through a couple of the decisions that I made this game and why I never make them as a wolf:

- I push away from Cuth and onto Jarizok D2. This, standalone, at that stage in the game, is pretty scummy. However, combined with the rest of these actions, it creates a rather unrealistic pattern based on how I play as a wolf. Yes, we got Cuth one extra phase. However, knowing that Reg & co. were going to bulldoze Cuth no matter what, I can easily gain a lot of towncred here by coming up with a reason to read Cuth wolf, pushing his wagon over the top, and securing the wolf lynch. As a wolf, I'd rather go for the bus there.

- I read Amy villager and Tom wolf throughout the JOAT claims process. Here's the thing - yes, gaining the extra phase for Amy and eliminating the other JOAT is desirable for the wolf team. However, knowing that these claims are all going to resolve and Amy is going to get caught one way or the other, I don't have a real reason to stick to the Tom wolf read if it was fabricated. Here's another clear opportunity to make the "correct" read in the eyes of town, push Amy and gain cred, because the fake JOAT is ALWAYS going to be exposed in that scenario. The only way my Tom read makes sense is if I truly believed he was a wolf, which tracks since all the way back from D1 in my reads. And that true read comes from a villager.

3. fontisian

Uh, you had already claimed vt by the time the joat claims were a thing on d4. You did it to defend Cuth actually. It was the kind of thing where looking back it's so scummy I'm not even sure it comes from scum. And then Cuth didn't claim Joat either, when Cuth in me/Amy and Dels/Amy teams absolutely should have, but Cuth in a you/Amy team risks Jari claiming Joat and having the yeet bounce to you.

Also, I got a ton of heat over the course of the game, how have I entrenched myself? I was pushed by you, Von, Rubicon, Dels and Sloth, and most of you are town. Like, if I was a wolf this game, I would have done a terrible job of it, and murdered my partners for not nearly enough credit.

Also, also, why do you trust Vaimes to read me? Does Vaimes ever actually read me correctly? Why would you trust him over Gemma, who can actually read me super well?

4. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Dels is natural. His reads and his posts come from a genuine mindset. There wasn't a single post this entire game that Dels made that I felt pinged me or that I disagreed with, or felt like it had an ulterior motivation behind it. And especially in recent Days with his posts about needing to take a break from the game thread, it comes from a very genuine villagery frustration and stress about the situation that I doubt he emanates as a wolf.

When it comes down to it, I think Dels and I gravitated towards each other because we both felt similarly about the gamestate at various points in the game, and when you see someone with a lot of similar feelings, it's a comfortable townread to make. That read has only solidified as the game went on - it's why I reached out to Dels when I was being run up, because he'd previously expressed correct reads on me that I felt would have been helpful to my situation at the time.

Like, look, I know I've gotten completely snowed by strong townreads of mine before. Echoing my thoughts does not always a villager make, and I'm cognizant of that, but at this point in the game I need to just take what's in front of me and piece it together. Putting Dels as a wolf feels like trying to shove a square peg into a round hole. It doesn't work comfortably, or add up no matter how I try to piece it, so I'm just letting go of that and accepting that my town read is most likely just correct.

In fact, a lot of the reason why I'll be voting Fonti today is because of how strong my town read on Dels is. Fonti has played an excellent game and in an F3 with any other person I'd likely not be voting her here.

5. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Oh right.

See, I keep forgetting about the VT claim.

I think that's like the second or third time that I've forgotten about it, which makes it clear that it wasn't some big scum plan for me to take the heat off of Cuth lmao.

Still, it's easy for me to say that I claimed VT to avoid the lynch, and that I would've "true-claimed" JOAT if I felt like I was in anymore danger. I still think I'm able to take the JOAT CC as a wolf there rather than Amy.

And you entrenched yourself with Regfan, who was arguably the strongest voice in the entire game. It didn't matter that me, Von, Rubicon, Dels, or Sloth expressed suspicion of you, because you were on Reg's never-lynch list and Reg was calling the shots. That's absolutely the most prime position to be in as a wolf this game and you can't tell me otherwise.

Vaimes has read you correctly before, and I feel because of certain elements that you're able to confuse Gemma more often than not, so I can only really take her read on you with a grain of salt.

6. fontisian

To point one, sure? But a Cuth/Amy/you world was already being called out before you started trying to save Cuth, so I don't think you have anything to lose by going all in and trying to take refuge in audacity? I agree it's not something you would normally do, and normally you would bus, but like, clearly one of you two didn't do that, and considering that Amy was there to give scum!you advice on how to deal with that eod, I don't see how that's clearing?

Both Dels and I also read Amy as town and Tom as the wolf after they claimed, each of us most also have chosen to give up the opportunity to be correct to try to get an extra Day. But I left room to yeet outside of the two and avoid the misyeet on tom by getting Waco, which would have saved us a misyeet later in the game and been a big improvement for town. And I did that while being super certain tom was going to flip wolf, because Amy's claims was much better and luckier. So, as a wolf, I set myself up to look bad when Amy flipped while still not ensuring tom was yeeted and pushing for a Waco yeet. Like, I would have made myself look bad while still destroying my win condition, that's terrible wolf play.

7. fontisian

You realize that if you're town all Dels has been doing all game is defending you and Sloth and his partners, right? Like, town!you is on board with him because he rescued you when you needed it, but at that same time he pushed you towards yeeting Jari and tom.

8. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

It's terrible wolf play for Dels also, and it's terrible wolf play for me. But the point of the matter is, I have more incidents in my history of this game where "these things would be so bad to do as a wolf that there's no way he actually did them as a wolf" is a thing, whereas for you to have one or two of these, it just speaks to the pressure of the situation and the snap decisions that needed to be made. It may not always have been the best for your team but I think it was the best for putting you next to Reg, which was where you needed to be to survive until now.

9. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Not once this game have I ever felt influenced by Dels in terms of where I went with my reads and/or pushes.

10. fontisian

Ugh, yes, the fact that you keep forgetting you claimed Vt reads kind of towny.

I think if you claimed joat after claiming vt at eod and saying you should be yeeted over Cuth (because he might be a joat) then we just insta yeet you.

Bruh, Reg townread me because he saw that Cuth was trying to pocket me and we bonded over dunking Cuth for that. It's not what I did, it's what scum tried to do to me.

Vaimes always thinks I'm a wolf, man, even though I haven't been a wolf with him in actual years. Gemma actually played with wolf me and caught me super fast.

11. fontisian

Ok, but you have been. You talked about the Dels/Amy/Sloth/you towncircle and tried to say you guys should be in charge. You had Dels and Amy pop in and townread you and say they'd kill Cuth over you. Like. If you're town, I am 100% certain that Dels swayed you to being on a bad path and to being super wrong this game, you have to realize that.

12. fontisian

Are you arguing that my wolf game is worse than yours while also arguing I must be the wolf because I have the best wolf game? What.

Why would me shoving Tom into the ground but not actually yeeting him be good for me? My point is that's terrible for wolf!me.

13. fontisian

Also, in your history, you have more incidents of "these things would be so bad to do as a wolf that there's no way he actually did them as a wolf" where you /actually did them as a wolf./ Like that fucking game where you literally no killed because you forgot you had to submit it, so you claimed doc, not knowing if you'd be counterclaimed, got lucky, and coasted to endgame.

14. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

No, I'm arguing that MY supposed wolf game here is so unbelievably terrible that there's no way I actually did all of those things as a wolf.

I'm saying your wolfgame based on the JOAT situations is less terrible than mine due to all of the other circumstances surrounding me.

You arguably had the best wolf game out of all 3 of us, if you consider each of us as wolves.

15. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

OMG THAT WAS SO FUNNY LMFADSIOEHIWPEFSA

16. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Didn't I no kill AGAIN just to back up my claim?

Holy shit that was ridiculous.

But that was also as the last wolf standing because my partners got straight chainyeeted D1 and D2, so I basically had nothing to lose.

This game a lot of this is what you're saying Amy told me to do, which I don't think ever happens.

17. fontisian

Ok, but like.

If my wolf game is good, then what was I even doing through this game? I want you to specifically focus in on D4, why would wolf!me go all in attacking tom, but not actually push the yeet on him through? I could have been a lot softer on that and still gotten Waco or Rubicon yeeted, and come out of that Day looking a lot better?

18. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Like... man, I just don't see a world where Dels/Amy/Cuth makes any sense.

I don't think it's just my Dels read either, but I have to do more re-reading to put my finger on it.

19. fontisian

At eod2, this game, both Reg and I were saying we thought Cuth/Amy/Cobalt was a likely team, and we were pushing hard for the Cuth yeet. Surely you'd have almost as little to lose there and you'd try for a weird claim and weird interactions?

20. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Because Tom pushed your buttons and it pissed you off, regardless of alignment.

I'm guilty of it too, but I know what it's like to see red as a wolf. You're not always constantly aware of "this will make me look good/bad in the long run" when you're in the middle of a post exchange with another player.