1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

JoaT^2 15er - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Like, don't get me wrong, I WANT to believe you.

But I don't.

This game is hard.

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

What the fuck are you talking about? Why would that be so transparent.

3. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Yeah, I know I've been shit all game, and throwing that in my face isn't going to magically change my mind on you.

You keep putting the burden of proof on me, telling me I have until tomorrow to convince you not to vote me. I think it's the other way around, Fonti.

4. fontisian

So read what I'm writing.

Look back at the game, and stop looking at it from your warped, fucked perspective and think about what scum were actually doing.

5. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Like, at this point, whether you're town or scum, look at the game state and me and Dels and realize that you're losing.

It's not my job to convince you not to vote for me. If you're actually a villager here, and I mean like if Vaimes is wrong and I'm wrong and your spectacular effort this phase is actually coming from a villager, it is YOUR job to convince me to vote Dels here.

Because I'm town. And you currently have two people aimed your way.

6. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I HAVE thought about what scum is actually doing. Half of your fucking case is that they were doing it WITH ME. How am I supposed to consider or believe that when I know I'm town?!

7. fontisian

Can you let go of fucking ego for one fucking minute? It's not about you. It's about Dels. Dels is a fantastic town player, you know this, I know this. Why is he here with us, Cobalt? Was has he been right there with you backing up the wolves every step of the way? Why was he ok with misyeeting Waco and Vaimes? Why did he let us kill Rubicon?

I know I should have done better. God, I should have done better. But why I am, someone who has had a terrible game, who hasn't been able to fucking sleep during this, who has had this game make me feel physically ill, why have my reads been so much better than Dels'?

8. fontisian

Because I'm town and I don't know and I'm trying to figure it out.

I'm not trying to bury you.

I went into this trying to clear myself, and saw stuff that looks bad and good for you, and stuff that looks bad and good for Dels, and had to talk about it.

Because I don't fucking know what to do.

9. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

The AtE is not helping. I'm just going to get even more frustrated.

Fonti, we've played a ton of games together. You know how I act as a wolf. You know how I act as a villager. You know this pattern of play where I've been undeniably wrong for the entire game is much more likely to come from town Cobalt. So why have you been pushing me so hard?

If Dels is pocketing me, and I'm just letting the wool get pulled over my eyes again, then how do I get out of that while you're still pushing me?

I have no reason to.

10. fontisian

Look at my posts and look at the parts about me. Let you ego go. Look at what I did with Amy.

Cobalt, I fucking dunked her with a meta read from an /ongoing/ game. And I felt bad about it. And Amy was trying to make me feel bad about it.

Cuth tried to pocket me. He thought he could push Reg because I was tinfoiling Reg, and because Reg's push on me was bad, and Cuth didn't realize that I wasn't really up for turning on Reg, I was freaked out and talking through my paranoia with Gemma.

11. fontisian

Then I don't know what to do.

And I know. I fucking know the pattern where you've been wrong. It's why I've been calling you town for fucking Days. But Reg told me not to tinfoil on Dels, and Gemma told me, and you keep saying he's town and I just. I don't want to fuck this up by townreading you when literally everyone told me not to.

I'm sorry. If you're town, I'm sorry I'm making this hard on you. It feels like you don't care, like I'm writing these massive ass posts, and you didn't even read them. I'm sorry the ate isn't helping, I just don't know what else to do.

12. fontisian

Talk about what you think. Talk to me about what you were thinking before. Talk to me about the stuff about me and about Dels in my posts. Talk to me about Dels' reactions to you and to me.

It would be so much easier to townread you if there was stuff for the last 3 Days that I could read into, that was you solving, but I don't see any of it.

13. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Okay. I'm gonna level with you. Don't get upset.

I do care, and I'm reading your posts. I just don't know how to let go of what's attracting me to Dels.

I know I haven't been very solvey but that's because I don't think I've been in a very solvey state of mind. I've sort of been on the periphery just calling it as I see it and I haven't done all this immense work that you've been doing and that makes me feel guilty because it should be easier to townread me.

Just. Ugh.

14. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Like part of me really wants to trust you and part of me is just screaming Vaimes's reads, and my reads, and wanting to stick to my guns and be right for once. But that's kind of what got us into this mess.

15. fontisian

I'm not upset.

I'm taking a break to calm down. Sorry.

16. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I'm gonna go back and read your big posts again.

17. fontisian

Ok.

Let's assume you're town.

What can I do to help you on me here?

18. fontisian

Thank you.

19. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

What I will say about Dels is that I'm re-reading some of your interactions from while I was gone and it wouldn't be a bad move for wolf!Dels here to keep his options open, which I feel like he's been doing.

20. fontisian

Look at the point at eod2 where both Amy and Dels said "I'll yeet Cuth before Cobalt" at the same time.