1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

JoaT^2 15er - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Dels

Dels Muggle

Yes, I remember that moment. The fact that you got nervous there seemed real and kind of helped me think you were town. Not that I really needed it, I wasn't reaction testing, I was just... Uh. I mean, it was just a hard thing to say.

If I can pull a Cobalt, I will say. I think in that moment, you... clearly felt I was town. (Or at least, felt it was strong enough to be nervous about) Like when you don't know what you think a decision so you flip a coin and while it's in mid-air, suddenly you know. So... Uh. Trust that feeling? No, this feels gross, sorry.

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

If it felt gross, why post it, lol.

3. Dels

Dels Muggle

And yeah, I think a thing that has caused some issues here is that so much of my path isn't in the thread, because I am thinking endlessly about the game basically all day, when I'm in bed, when I'm out, etc. But I committed to no prewritten posts (because fuck that) and so by the time I get to the thread, like... A part of my process which people usually read me as town for (because I word vomit everything into the thread) gets lost.

I'm not really saying that's what happened here, this is just sort of a tangent. There's just parts of my process that got missed in thread there either way, based on stuff I was thinking overnight but that I didn't wanna say until I had finished doing the re-read / your day 2 thing.

4. Dels

Dels Muggle

You asked me to do anything that would help. =/

I very nearly backspaced it.

5. Dels

Dels Muggle

I will also say, the two times that I responded to Cobalt earlier to call out something in his posts that I felt was objectively inaccurate and/or bad logic, he responded not by actually refuting the point or saying why I was wrong, but by just going "Well whatever, you're a wolf"

6. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Because you are a wolf. You're going to make shit up to get the win. That's not incorrect of me to think.

7. fontisian

Why did you commit to no prewritten posts?

8. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

9. fontisian

Cobalt, your wording feels super off. Like, who says "that's not incorrect of me to think" instead of "I'm right!"

10. Dels

Dels Muggle

Like. Urgh, I don't know if this helps but

His posts since we cross-voted are such classic "I know you're a wolf now! Whew! So nice to finally have it confirmed! Dels, you wolfy wolf!"

And he said that I should be making more posts like him instead of the posts I was making which were like... bemused.

And I think that's just completely not true.

I don't need to shout at Cobalt about being a wolf? I'm not mad at him. If I'm playing a board game with someone or something and they're on the red team and I'm on the blue team I don't need to constantly say "Grrrr! You evil red team person! I know you're against me! Don't even try to pretend like I don't know it!"

Like, yeah, I know he's a wolf now. Am I playing final 3 wrong if I don't shout at him? I don't think so. It's a friendly game and I know he's not on my side, it's cool lol

11. fontisian

@Dels, you said: "And when I talk about what Reg's strengths are vs what my strengths are, one of my strength as a player is being able to have townreads on players that the entire rest of the game thinks are scummy."

And I guess that's the issue, right? If Cobalt is a wolf, then you haven't had any townreads on town players everyone else thinks are scummy.

12. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

sfbodhasfjdfboiwgsd

I don't know what else to do.

I don't have the wherewithal to go head to head with Dels here. I've said my piece. Ill wait til you make your decision.

13. fontisian

This helps.

14. Dels

Dels Muggle

It's one of the various big changes I mentioned earlier about how I want to play mafia as of recently.

Prewritten posts are a thing that no one likes, first of all, MU complains about them a lot.

And secondly they mean you're taking the game too seriously because you're not actually taking a break at night, and I'm very much trying to not be addicted to the game, and give myself breaks.

15. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I'm sorry

If we lose because I can't hold back from calling Dels a wolf when he is 100% mechanically a wolf then so be it

I'm just frustrated and upset and I don't want to play this game anymore.

16. Dels

Dels Muggle

And AtE is another one of those things I've strongly wanted to part with, alongside pre-written posts, not taking breaks, not using past game meta, and making sure I never read people off IRL circumstances or effort levels.

But you kind of... asked for "anything" and now I'm breaking all those rules and saying some of the things I was holding back from saying earlier.

17. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Like, call the obvious wolf an obvious wolf and then get shat on for it by the obvious wolf

This game is fun

18. Dels

Dels Muggle

Like, it's one thing to have commitments to things you don't want to do, and it's easy to say before a game "I will stick to those commitments even if it gets me scumread" but then the game happens and you want to win.

You probably also noticed I didn't leave the thread this morning/afternoon at all even though I said yesterday that going for a walk was important for my self-care.

Ugh. This is why I don't want to talk about this stuff because talking about it feels wrong and shouldn't be part of the game. Just. Tell me to stop.

19. Dels

Dels Muggle

That's not the point. The point was the responses I made to you were about tangible, logical points. Things that you could interact with and refute.

20. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I don't know what else to say. The only thing that I can say is that to me Dels is mechanically 100% a wolf and that's why I don't give a literal flying shit about anything he's saying right now. He's keeping his cool under the pressure and I'm not. What does that tell you, knowing me as a player @fontisian ?