1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

What's the most disturbing thing from a story that's stuck with you over the years?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mickey, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Rhaegar I

Rhaegar I Death Eater

I once read a Fic where Fem!Harry spent a large chunk of her childhood working as a prostitute in a childrens brothel. It's made clear she was forced to have sex with lots of men and women as a child. When the story starts, she's working in the bar because she's 13 and "too old". And for good measure, one of Fem!Harry's old "clients" was Narcissa Malfoy, who outright admits she wouldn't have had sex with her if she knew she was a witch (but muggle kids are totally fine, of course), and the two spend an uncomfortable amount of time together.

But that isn't what disturbs me. It's how the story didn't really treat any of that quite as serious as it was. Other than a brief reaction from Sirius when he finds out she's been there all that time, no one seems to seriously react to the idea Fem!Harry's been a child prostitute for nearly half of her life. Absolutely no one seems to care that Narcissa is not only a pedophile who previously raped Fem!Harry, but the two spend an awful lot of time together. And while the Dursleys are Bashed to the point where Fem!Harry kills them, she literally goes out of her way to keep the child brothel running and out of sight from the authorities.

And the weirdest part is the child brothel backstory could have been completely written out without changing a thing. She was already learning Magic from some old woman, there's no reason why she couldn't live with him too. Making Narcissa not a pedophile could make her a mildly sympathetic character. Oh, and we wouldn't have the uncomfortable image of Fem!Harry being a child prostitute.

2. MrBucket

MrBucket Fifth Year

Princess of the Blacks.

Yeah, no idea how people love that story. Absolutely none of the characters are sympathetic in the slightest. I found it utterly bizarre to see the whole pedophilia thing just sort of skipped over as some casual thing. Sirius is disturbed at first, sure, but then they go straight to banter and whatnot.

The most disturbing fic I've ever read is A Veela's Worth. Harry fucks his 6 year old (who's been sucking his dick since she was born) great-great-great (x5 or something) granddaughter, ejaculates inside her, shoves a knife into her vagina, rips her open, pulls out her egg, and then eats it. Fuck, I feel dirty typing that out.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  3. douter

douter Sixth Year

High Score:
    Properly that scene in The Crown of Mètis when the woman licks the sick child covered in sores.

Thinking about still make my stomach churn.

4. Silirt

Silirt Chief Warlock DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I would say this one called Bleak Manor, which is a good story, but extremely disturbing for many reason.

Thus far, virtually every female character except Hermione has been raped, Neville and Ginny have been tortured into evil versions of themselves, though the latter's vagina has been sewn shut to retain a supply of virgin's blood. Seamus has retained his sanity and identity as far as I can tell, so he's perfectly conscious of being raped by Peter Pettigrew. Parvati was raped by a pack of werewolves before Draco executed her as an act of mercy.

I could go on, but it's been a while.

5. Shadow Shaman

Shadow Shaman Third Year

6. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

Fanfiction was a mistake.

7. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

So, is it weird that reading the title of this thread immediately gave me an intense feeling of nostalgia and a flashback to The Office

8. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

Some hard liquor will fix that Bill.

9. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

Never did before.

10. thepuzzlingcentaur

thepuzzlingcentaur First Year DLP Supporter

I stumbled upon authors so screwed up in their head that they depicted completely graphic adult-small child-rape sessions. Perhaps you have seen them. Those never-ending, hurt-tortured fics that some people like. I did force myself to read some of them (yes, more than one), and now I am convinced that these people have either been abused or have worked with abused children in some way. Now, If I see signs of "might have been abused in RL", I close the tab and move on. It is something that is just....bad. Beyond bad. And too much. Even for me.
    Perhaps they want to share their thoughts, perhaps raise awareness. Perhaps it makes them feel better. Don't know. It ALWAYS results in main characters getting in worse abuse than few chapters before and becoming a broken shell of a person. It always depict very stupid humans failing to see the obvious abuse in front of them ,ignoring it or openly helping a rapist.....or even becoming the 2nd rapist on the side (!!!!). And then, in the end (sometimes it just goes on forever)....we see a broken shell getting away but in such a state that he/she is beyond repair and has to heal. And then it usually just ends....*blargh*
    And I don't think I want to remember Uncle Vernon's greasy stick, but the image is there.

I am a sick bastard, but even I have standards.

Oh, and there was this fic where Bill rapes Lily Luna Potter while she is polyjuiced as her mother (in order to get money from her mother's vault). And *spoiler alert* rapes her again when she changes back.

(edited out the part with non-fanficiton, because that is apparently not relevant here)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
  11. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

What a terrible fic, where would one find such a terrible fic? So horrible. What was the name?

12. TMD

TMD High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Please PM @Taure @Blorcyn with the name of this fic, they're the de-facto experts on, and are compiling a list of good quality hurt/comfort/angst fics. Although I suspect Taure might have already have this one, he was waxing lyrical about one rape scene he read recently, might be the same fic.

13. Archinist

Archinist Hαn Sαlsæd First

Warhammer is filled with a lot of exasperating examples of contrived, edgy misery, like navy ships using men with ropes to load shells instead of auto-loaders -which are basically fucking cranes-

Or the Daemonculaba,which is incredibly stupid given the ubiquity of vat-grown flesh/clones in 40k.

Usually I can mentally distance myself from stuff like this simply because I think they're silly. In my opinion, proper grimdark is thinking about the fact that a human being can just be scooped up from their daily life and press-ganged onto a dank and sweaty ship where years, decades even, of hard labor follows. Or a Scribe spending their entire lifespan writing, with pencils for the Adminstratum, some for bureaucracies that are entirely redundant.

But after having spent some time on Ao3, I'm starting to have an inkling that some writers flat out get a kick out of the sick disturbing shit that they write. Not condemning them or anything, but...

A Silken Cell

An Imperial Fist gets captured by a Chaos Marine. The descriptions of how his dick is now a vagina and how he's growing breasts, the lump in his stomach indicating the birth of a child, the rape, his body losing its stockiness and becoming feminine, made me want to puke.

Nothing I've read before or after induces such a strong feeling of queasiness.

14. thepuzzlingcentaur

These Violent delights (have violent ends).

There was also this fic when Harry and Ginny use polyjuice potion to transform into each other and then have sex with each other, (basically, they have sex with their own bodies) but I must admit that the idea was.... Interesting. Can't remember what it was called though.

15. darklordmike

darklordmike Headmaster

Don't knock it till you've tried it. I'd bet most wizarding couples have indulged in a little homebrew polyjuice. It was probably invented solely for sexy times. Going around incognito was just a bonus.

16. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Thanks, @TMD, always nice to be kept in mind.

Incidentally, I'm still looking for that First Year Ginny/Dobby/Fang fic you were talking about the other day. I remember you mentioning that you're unable to maintain an erection without thinking about it, so I feel almost duty-bound to find it for you. I got your back bro.

17. TMD

TMD High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Not to worry my dear fellow, here's the link for you - nothing that less than top-tier Ginny/Dobby on DLP.
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/2774379/2/Beauty-and-the-Elf

18. thepuzzlingcentaur

How could I forget Screams by cloneserpents? This one gave me chills. It is disturbing, but also actually quite good.

19. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

That one fic where Harry chooses muggle science over magic was just unnaturally wrong.

20. Majube

Majube Order Member DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Huh, how did I miss this thread. I'll throw mine into the ring, I was browsing tags on ao3 looking for the fandoms I prefer but I came across this snuff story that was complete batshit, it was gory but far from the most degen thing I've ever read but damn this is why I'll never read vore stuff you cretins

https://archiveofourown.org/works/24166720

~click if you dare