1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Crusader Kings III

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Seratin, Apr 30, 2020.

1. KGB

KGB Headmaster

No idea. I just wanted to download it while I was at work to have it ready by the time I'm home but it wouldn't let me

2. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Be Prussia.
    Be earliest starting point.
    Get married and have son and three daughters.
    Chief decides he’s gay.
    No more kids.
    Chief dies, leaving 1 year old son in charge.
    Mother is mega spy.
    Asassinate and gain neigbhoring duchies.
    wait. chexony and Greater Poland get mad.
    Declare war on little Prussia with no army.
    Marry off sisters to neigbhoring duchies.
    Get major allies.
    13 year old wins war.
    Gets betrothed to new Poland daughter. Gonna Germany this thing
    Save game because bed time.

10/10. would sell sisters for military alliance again.

3. lopeck

lopeck Groundskeeper

[​IMG]

4. Mestre

Mestre Professor

I just discovered the new meta to circumvent gravelkind, if your son dies ,your grandson becomes the heir of everything even if he has brothers. Which is kind dumb and it is prob going to get fixed.

5. lopeck

lopeck Groundskeeper

[​IMG]
    vs
    [​IMG]

6. Anumidium

Anumidium Second Year

Playing a game as a count in Sardinia at the 867 start date. I gradually upgrade to Archon with a little help from the Patriarch in Constantinople in the form of a dank donation. Turn my head for a minute and all of a sudden half the Orthodox world has converted to some random dualistic faith, and King Louis II of Italy is now a naked Adamite and is at war with two of the other Karling’s. Yup, exactly what I expected from a Crusader King’s experience… never change Paradox, never change.

7. Equinox

Equinox Seventh Year

The fact Australians can’t access CK3 yet is nearly the biggest outrage of the year. The Australian classification system strikes again.

8. Teyrn

Teyrn Order Member

Caved and bought it. FWIW it's cheaper on green man gaming than it is on steam atm, at least for canada.

9. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Got the Royal addition on pre-order. With work I've only managed to play an hour or two but what I've seen so far is excellent. The new UI will take some getting used to and I wasn't sure what to think of it at first but then I remembered it took me nine years to learn how to play CK2 to a comfortable standard.

10. Swirly Mango

Swirly Mango Seventh Year

It turns out Paradox didn't implement any protection for the Australian version of the game. So the Australian release of CK3 is F2P. This includes multiplayer if you launch the game through the Paradox launcher.

The Australian classification system can suck it

11. Mestre

Mestre Professor

Incest Chronicles:

In a generation all my sons and daughters are geniuses. They may have all health problems but, inst it a small price to pay for 25 stats and 30% Lifestyle experience?

12. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    My god I'm loving this. So many things added that I like, and most of the stuff I'm disliking is minor or UI.

Dread is fantastic, although currently OP. It seems weird that the HRE is terrified of me because I lost an eye. Hooks make a lot of sense, and are a sensible way of having favours, even if they're mostly flavours. Religion alteration is incredible, and exactly what I'd predicted it would be (changing a religion is more expensive the further you go). War is a lot more easy to understand, and having more control over my units means I can build up counterforces to neighbours and then trample them. Limited traits and stress make every single character feel unique, and mean I'll accept pretty much anything except Shy.

But fuck me, I hate partition. I have no idea how I'll cope in any non-elective system.

Current game has me in Ireland, which I've unified. I've moved up to High Partition (as a safety net), although with Tanistry it looks like all sub-titles go with it. So my heir gets both duchies. I've been turning Tanistry on and off for the kingdom - if I can make my thirdborn son inherit, then it stays on; otherwise it'll default to my first child.

I've also reformed Insular into a custom faith, which took about 60 years of saving faith. We're now Pilgrim/Power/Feast gains Piety; so I can just conquer anyone nearby for no reason, and gain large amounts of piety constantly. Temporal lay-clergy so I can hold temples myself if I want; incest/witchcraft is cool; because I'm trying to breed the God-Emperor (third born son/nephew is Intelligent/Hale/Handsome; and he's marrying his twin sister with the same traits).

I hate that the UI is so massive - if I'm looking at schemes, and then checking out the character, then it's a good two thirds of the screen hidden behind giant 3d models.

With war being so much more transparent, I'd like more information on Troop quality - what percentage needs to be MaA for each pip; or how many knights? What's the multiplier - does each pip mean a 20% change in value, and from 0=>100 or 100=>0?

Unsung hero has to be the self-description - "This is you..." on your own bio. Different traits give you different suffixes here, and my favourite came up in the tutorial, which is (I think) linked to Arrogant (spoilered because big):

[​IMG]

This is me, and I am MAGNIFICENT

Traits are diligent, arrogant, ambitious; L3 stewardship, L2 Smart, L2 Pretty, One Eyed

13. lopeck

lopeck Groundskeeper

I'm currently fighting Lancaster because they suddenly hold large parts of Sweden, and I've got no idea how that happened. Perhaps I'm just bad at the game or I toggle of an option somewhere, but I'd like a bit more transparency about when I loose or gain territory through Vassals.
    I've gained Provence, Bavaria, parts of Iberia, Italy, north Africa and even fucking Mongolia with no idea how.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Paradise

Paradise Paraplegic Dice DLP Supporter

Looks like we'll be starting a multiplayer game in about two hours just be in discord to join in

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  15. Paradise

Paradise Paraplegic Dice DLP Supporter

Starting 15

16. KGB

KGB Headmaster

Well a bug that has been annoying me is forever wars against opms. County gets occupied by no one. No ticking warscore in either direction and the battle war score is capped at 50.

Stuck in a war with what was once a border province and is now part of my heartlands

17. Teyrn

Teyrn Order Member

Had an annoying glitch pop up in my Byzantine->Rome run.

Had a few of my vassals rise up in rebellion and just as I got down to the last vassal, my armies decided they'd not move at all.

(For reference: I'd finished with a vassal on the eastern edge of the empire, disbanded the army and re-raised it near the heartlands cause it's faster than waiting for them to march all the way.)

End result: Army stood gathering might, and then stayed standing there as the single vassal managed to siege down the capital. Which took them 7? months to do.

I tried ordering them this way and that, and they would not move anywhere. I was also unable to disband them.

Given that it was an ironman run for achievements, I'm fairly annoyed. My Ruler and my Heir had genius, and I'd just gained Casus Belli on the entirety of Egypt before the rebellion.

Now I have to start again.

FML.

18. Jaska

Jaska Third Year

Them gathering for months is pretty standard I think. Since you disbanded the army, the levies went back to home and from there would attempt to join the gathering army, making it take forever. That's at least what I think happens. You being unable to disband sounds pretty weird though. One way I've circumvented the levy gathering time, is creating a new army from the gathering army, using splitting or just create new. Stops it from being locked to gathering mode and allows you to teleport your knights and Men-at-arms.

19. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    A few problems I've noticed so far:

Autosave takes forever. It's infuriating.
    When someone offers ransom for one of my prisoners, I just get "here's my offer, do you accept?", with no details of what the offer is.
    Crusades for Jerusalem will nearly always lead to the new ruler converting.
    The pope has hundreds of thousands of ducats. So hires every merc company in existence, then rolls through the Islamic lands with 30,000 troops.
    Some of the perks are stupidly OP - imprison is 3 deep in intrigue, selling hooks is 1.
    Capturing someone doesn't always impact warscore, but sometimes it does?

That said, I've just finished my first full game, starting in Ireland and playing to 1453. I'd formed Britannia, claimed all four kingdoms, Brittany, Sardinia, Jerusalem, Galicia, and Bourbon; but then lost to an installment claimant faction. So I declared another new sect of Insular Christianity, and now everyone's naked. I managed to get Genius, Handsome, Herculean, Fecund, Giant, and Witch onto my final character, although I hadn't yet managed to go from inbred to pure-blood at that point (despite having the Strong Blood modifier, and a maxed out bloodline tree); before declaring independence, and holding Ireland and Scotland.

20. Teyrn

Teyrn Order Member

It's actually getting to be a pretty common strategy to disband and re-raise the army if it'll take more than 2-3 months for them to march to the new location instead. It should only take around ~2 months for the army to re-gather.

This army had stood in that spot all told for at least 9 months, and it was at full strength for like 6-7 months.