1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Footage from a new Harry Potter RPG may have been leaked

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Download, Oct 2, 2018.

1. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

I mean based off the trailer, it could just be that the “ancient magic” the MC has mostly consists of old parts of Hogwarts reacting to him.

2. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    It's simply that the main character is the reincarnation of Merlin, heir to all four houses but also the Peverells, the Most Ancient and Honorable blah family etc.

3. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well, think of it this way. If the plot is shit but the gameplay is still half decent, we can always mod a proper story into it.

4. funkytoad

funkytoad Fifth Year

Hope it goes full Persona and there's an entire dating sim and social link aspect to it. Maxing out social links with students from all four houses? Count me in!

5. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I can't see that they'll involve dating in it...it'd be a bit weird for a bunch of adults to play a high school dating sim. I think they're looking to go a bit more mainstream than that.

6. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:

Have you played any open world RPG's recently? Haha. Romance is all the rage.

7. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If I can't date the Giant Squid I'm not playing it.

8. Mordecai

High Score:
    Honestly no, I've not. Last one I played was one of the Mass Effects, which had its romance plot lines but...everyone involved was an adult.

9. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The recent fire emblem was basically a high school dating sim. Same for Persona. Though tbf those are japanese games.

10. Mordecai

High Score:
    Thats what mods are for!

Japanese games are weird as fuck man...

11. Mestre

Mestre Professor

I am ambivalent to romances but It is all rage nowadays, especially in RPGs but not as much in Action RPGs.

I honestly don't know what to expect of this game so I will wait to judge it but I don't really expect the RPG elements being that prominent.

12. Corvus Black

Corvus Black Professor

Welp, people on Sufficient Velocity are already saying "I won't buy it because I don't want to give JKR money", and patting themselves on the back.

13. Mestre

Mestre Professor

SV can get pretty cringe sometimes, it is nothing anormal,

14. Mordecai

High Score:
    Honestly there's quite a lot of folk who loved HP when they were kids, kind of drifted away from it over the years, and might have been tempted to buy the game for some nostalgia value but who've been put off by the controversy around JKR over the last year or so. Its not so much that they're hyper woke, but that they don't like engaging in controversy and generally like try to feel as though they're doing the right thing.

The hyper woke twitterati are being really loud on the subject, but there's definitely been some impact of her views outside of that sphere as well and its impacting people's desire to interact with her brand.

15. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    There's a lot of talk about taming creatures in the trailer - could that be the special ability talked about? Some kind of magic that lets the MC connect with magical creatures?

16. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

I'm seeing more movie-style robes in this new trailer than in the leaked footage. Hopefully they don't dominate the school population, because I was a big fan of the waistcoats, fitted jackets, and period hairdos shown in the leak.

No matter how good it looks, I won't be buying a console to play it, so hopefully it will be available on PC and they won't mangle the port or delegate the job to the lowest bidder.

Apparently the male killer in her new book wears women's clothes when he kills (not a spoiler: if you've heard about the book at all that info is front and center), or something like that.

A lot of supposedly 'woke' people are crying and rending their garments because they don't know the difference between a transgendered person, a transvestite, and someone who just wears the opposite sex's clothing as a disguise.

I guess that means Norman Bates is transgendered now? Quick, let's all cancel Hitchcock! Cancel Anthony Perkins! Any character who ever disguised themselves as the opposite sex is trans, now, including such luminaries as Maid Marian and Captain Malcolm Reynolds. So trans. Much stunning and brave. Wow.

A lot of silly people want attention and have a lot of time on their hands.

17. Corvus Black

Corvus Black Professor

It will be available on PC.

18. BlitherBlip

BlitherBlip First Year

Because if there's one thing JK is in desperate need of, it's money. Good job retards.

19. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

Doesn’t mean people have to give her more lol

I get that we’re a HP forum, and lord knows I’ve compartmentalized enough of JK’s bullshit to get past it. But its hard to ignore that someone who’s frequently accused of being a TERF writing a book with a villain who wears womens clothes to murder women is a bit of a bad look.

Optics! Its not like that book was written in a void, and suddenly she’s being accused of being against Transgender people. She’s lost the benefit of the doubt.

But back to the game- I agree with Warlock. Tbh, I actually preferred the leaked trailer to the real one. Especially with all the dead goblins- I hope they didnt sanitize it to appease the masses

20. Mordecai

High Score:
    Just because someone's rich doesn't mean you can't choose not to give them more money...otherwise boycotts wouldn't be a thing.

I don't understand why people are so offended about some folk being unwilling to give JKR more money, after she's demonstrated herself to have views that these people find very offensive.

I'd not buy something that funnelled money in the pockets of Trump, or Farage, or Shapiro. Likewise I wouldn't buy something that funnelled money into the pockets of a celebrity who advocates for or believes things I strongly object to. Like Rowling, Jim Davidson, or Katie Hopkins.

Choosing not to do business with folk whose beliefs you find offensive is far from retarded, its a sensible way to live your life and spend your money.